Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Brenton XXXXXXXXXXXXX PHY 2054 (STUDIO), section 0005-0006,

Customer Question
Brenton XXXXXXXXXXXXX PHY 2054 (STUDIO), section...
Brenton XXXXXXXXXXXXX
PHY 2054 (STUDIO), section 0005-0006, Fall 2015
Instructor: Archana Dubey
Current Score : – / 16
Due : Thursday, October 8 2015 11:30 PM EDT
Extension Requests Print Assignment
Question
Points
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
–/0.5 –/0.5 –/0.5 –/1 –/1 –/1 –/1 –/1 –/3 –/2.5 –/1 –/3
Total
–/16 (0.0%)
Assignment Submission
For this assignment, you submit answers by question parts. The number of submissions remaining for each question part only changes if you submit or change the answer.
Assignment Scoring
Your last submission is used for your score.
1.–/0.5 points CJ9 20.P.001.
Ask Your Teacher
My Notes
Question Part
Points
Submissions Used
A defibrillator is used during a heart attack to restore the heart to its normal beating pattern. A defibrillator passes 21 A of current through the torso of a person in 2.1 ms.
(a) How much charge moves during this time?
C
(b) How many electrons pass through the wires connected to the patient?
electrons
Additional Materials
Section 20.2
2.–/0.5 points CJ9 20.P.003.
Ask Your Teacher
My Notes
Question Part
Points
Submissions Used
A battery charger is connected to a dead battery and delivers a current of 1.0 A for 8 hours, keeping the voltage across the battery terminals at 18 V in the process. How much energy is delivered to the battery?
J
Additional Materials
Section 20.2
3.–/0.5 points CJ9 20.P.007.
Ask Your Teacher
My Notes
A resistor is connected across the terminals of a 6.00-V battery, which delivers 3.50 105 J of energy to the resistor in 17 hours. What is the resistance of the resistor?
Ω
Additional Materials
Section 20.2
Video
4.–/1 points CJ9 20.P.011.
Ask Your Teacher
My Notes
Two wires are identical, except that one is aluminum and one is nichrome. The aluminum wire has a resistance of 0.24 Ω. What is the resistance of the nichrome wire?
Ω
Additional Materials
Section 20.3
5.–/1 points CJ9 20.P.015.
Ask Your Teacher
My Notes
Question Part
Points
Submissions Used
Two wires have the same length and the same resistance. One is made from copper and the other from iron. Obtain the ratio of the cross-sectional area of the copper wire to the cross-sectional area of the iron wire.
Acopper
Airon
=
Additional Materials
Section 20.3
6.–/1 points CJ9 20.P.033.
Ask Your Teacher
My Notes
Question Part
Points
Submissions Used
The rms current in a copy machine is 4.00 A, and the resistance of the machine is 14.8 Ω.
(a) What is the average power?
W
(b) What is the peak power delivered to the machine?
W
Additional Materials
Section 20.5
7.–/1 points CJ9 20.P.034.
Ask Your Teacher
My Notes
Question Part
Points
Submissions Used
The rms current in a 58-Ω resistor is 0.54 A. What is the peak value of the voltage across this resistor?
V
Additional Materials
Section 20.5
8.–/1 points CJ9 20.P.037.
Ask Your Teacher
My Notes
Question Part
Points
Submissions Used
The average power dissipated in a stereo speaker is 53 W. Assuming that the speaker can be treated as a 4.0 Ω resistance, find the peak value of the ac voltage applied to the speaker.
V
Additional Materials
Section 20.5
9.–/3 points CJ9 20.P.039.
Ask Your Teacher
My Notes
Question Part
Points
Submissions Used
A light bulb is connected to a 60-V wall socket. The current in the bulb depends on the time t according to the relation I = (2.828 A) sin[(314.0 Hz)t].
(a) What is the frequency of the alternating current?
Hz
(b) Determine the resistance of the bulb's filament?
Ω
(c) What is the average power delivered to the light bulb?
The drawing shows three different resistors in two different circuits. The battery has a voltage of V = 4.4 V, and the resistors have resistances of R1 = 50.0 Ω, R2 = 25.0 Ω and R3 = 10.0 Ω. Determine the current through and the voltage across each resistor.
(a) I1 =
V1 =
I2 =
V2 =
I3 =
V3 =
(b) I1 =
V1 =
I2 =
V2 =
I3 =
V3 =
11.–/1 points CJ9 20.P.065.
Determine the equivalent resistance between the points A and B for the group of resistors in the drawing. Use R1 = 6 Ω, R2 = 15 Ω, and R3 = 8 Ω.
Req =
Ω
Additional Materials
Section 20.8
12.–/3 points CJ9 20.P.068.GO.
Ask Your Teacher
PA =
PB =
PC =
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
10/5/2015
Tutor: Mr. Gregory White, Professor replied 2 years ago
Mr. Gregory White
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor