Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. A child's recognition that the word play may refer to

Customer Question
1. A child’s recognition that...
1. A child’s recognition that the word play may refer to enjoying a game with dad, coloring alone, or watching a performance demonstrates that the child understands the __________ of play. A. concept B. style C. sequence D. process 2. “The order in which
children’s thinking matures is the same for all children, but the pace varies from child to child” is a concept developed by: A. Bloom. B. Piaget. C. Freud. D. Vygotsky. 3. “Caleb will place the block in the block bin and the balls in the ball bucket when
he is finished using them,” is an example of a/an: A. general, age specific goal. B. long-term goal. C. immediate goal. D. individual goal. 4.“Children will continue to acquire new concepts and refine old ones,” is an example of a/an: A. general, age specific
goal. B. long-term goal. C. immediate goal. D. individual goal. 5.“Children will learn their math addition facts up to 10,” is an example of a/an: A. general, age specific goal. B. long-term goal. C. immediate goal. D. individual goal. 6. Literature often
provides information that children A. already know. B. could not discover on their own. C. find confusing. D. could teach themselves. 7. When books about familiar topics are shared with children they can: A. get board and tune out the story. B. learn new facts
about that topic. C. compare what they know with new facts in the book. D. Both B and C 8. Many alphabet, counting, and concept books make great: A. entertainment. B. dramatizations C. visual aids. D. movies. 9. Teachers can use books such as Lemons are not
Red and Freight Train to teach and reinforce: A. rhyming. B. opposites. C. colors D. sorting. 10. The unplanned, yet perfect, opportunity to extend children’s knowledge and thinking skills is referred to as: A. time to teach. B. the teachable day. C. teaching
time. D. the teachable moment. 11. You can use books to: ***** ***** questions that have been raised. b. extend children’s knowledge on a topic. C. reinforce a concept. D. All of the above 12. Literature can provide a starting point for: A. discussions. B. projects.
C. Both A and B D. None of the above 13. Where’s Waldo? and I Spy books can be used to improve skills in: A. observing. B. hypothesizing. C. comparing. D. classifying. 14. If you want children to observe the action in a story or the reactions of characters,
a good format to use is __________ books. A. picture B. wordless picture C. board D. chapter 15. You can use The Little Red Hen to build the skill of A. comparing. B. classifying. C. applying. D. organizing. 16. __________ developed the system that categorizes
questions by the kind of thinking required to answer them. A. Maslow B. Piaget C. Bloom D. Anno 17. Convergent questions have __________ answer(s). A. no B. only one C. at least two D. many possible 18. Mrs. Ruiz began reading Arthur’s New Puppy. At one point,
she stopped reading and asked the children what they would do with the puppy. She accepted all of their suggestions and wrote them on the board. Mrs. Ruiz was using __________ to help her students think of solutions to the problem in the story. A. convergent
questioning B. problem solving C. brainstorming D. divergent questioning 19. Literature can help children learn to clarify problems and: A. suggest possible solutions. B. learn the correct answer. C. act out problems in drama and role-playing activities. D.
use fantasy to find a solution. 20 . Literature provides children with opportunities to engage in many: A. thinking processes. B. homework assignments. C. class projects. D. None of the above
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
9/17/2015
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 2 years ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work

Hello, and thanks for the question.

I can assist you with this quiz. I will be starting on the questions shortly.

-Chris M.

How long will it take?
Cancel it
Thanks anyway

I can have these to you in about 30 minutes, if that meets your deadline.

It's okay
Just cancel
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work