Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

I'm using Scene Builder 2.0 with latest JavaFX. I have created

Customer Question

I'm using Scene Builder 2.0 with latest JavaFX. I have created an array of Circle objects that represent RGB LEDs and named each according to their row and column position, i.e.: Code's fx:id = pixel11 and Properties' Id = 11. No custom controls written or needed.
When Circle is clicked, "On Mouse Clicked" is executed and I call a method pixelClicked.
What is the code I should write in pixelClicked to get the Id or fx:id set to a declared (String, I assume) variable?
What's wrong with :
public void pixelClicked(){
String pixelID = Node.getID();
}
I get this error: "Non-static method 'getID() cannot be referenced from a static context"
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
As I stated above, each Circle object I have created in a GUI array(see attached .png) represents an RGB LED in a panel of LEDs where the minimum number of LEDs is 32x32 = 1024. It's hard to believe their isn't a short combination of classes/methods that would return either the id = 11 or fx:id = pixel11 I enter in Scene Builder 2.0 for all 1024 Circles? The 11 would be the row and column in the matrix; row =1, column =1. With the position in the Id , I can make calculations to turn the circle backgrounds to the same color to represent a line, etc..I don't know what you mean by "Ticket object"; I tried searching it. If you're referring to creating a type of array, I would have to manually initialize it with 1024 elements. In that case, I might just as well create 1024 short methods linked to each Circle's "On Mouse Clicked" and set assign the int Row and int Column to the corresponding int values. I would think I could avoid all that manual input but maybe not?Thanks