Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. What are collective security organizations? 1. small

Customer Question
1. What are collective...
1. What are collective security organizations?
1.
small groups of actors who band together to go to war with another state
2.
organizations that help collect dues to support states’ combined armed forces
3.
institutions that help states cooperate militarily to achieve their goals
4.
institutions that provide group responses to acts of aggression
2. Which of the following statements about Tibet is true?
1.
the Soviet Union invaded Tibet after the Chinese Revolution
2.
China invaded Tibet, and the United Nations took no action to repel the attack
3.
China invaded Tibet, and the United Nations sent troops in an attempt to repel the attack
4.
North Korea helped China invade Tibet after the Korean War
3. Which of the following would be an asymmetric alliance?
1.
the United States pledging to defend Costa Rica if that country is attacked
2.
the de facto agreement between the United States and the Soviet Union not to use nuclear weapons
3.
the agreement between France and Russia before World War II to come to each other’s aid
4.
the Cold War weapons agreements that allowed the Soviet Union to keep more nuclear missiles than the United States
4. In which of the following is there a balance of power?
1.
whenever there is a sense of equilibrium in international relations
2.
when China refrains from taking over Taiwan
3.
when the United States and the Soviet Union had roughly equal military strength
4.
when Germany and the Soviet Union agreed to invade and divide Poland between them
5. Which of the following statements about alliances is true?
1.
alliances are empires
2.
alliances are institutions
3.
alliances are actors in their own right
4.
alliances are permanent
6. How are nonstate actors unlike state actors?
1.
nonstate actors deal with unique concerns about mobilizing their members
2.
nonstate actors lack identifiable interests
3.
conflict with nonstate actors tends to be “cheap” for the state
4.
nonstate actors cannot be fruitfully thought of in the context of a bargaining model
7. Why do violent nonstate actors, such as rebel and terrorist groups, face difficulty mobilizing people to join their cause?
1.
they cannot prove to people that their cause is justified
2.
people rarely support the use of violence against the state
3.
they are irrational and do not pursue policies that maximize their welfare
4.
the cost of participating in the group is often higher than the perceived benefits
8. A separatist rebel group demands
1.
subnational autonomy over a region
2.
the ability to create an independent state
3.
control over the mechanisms of the state
4.
control over the economic resources of the state
9. Which of the following is true of the Sudanese conflict?
1.
the majority of the population lived in Southern Sudan
2.
most of the oil revenue was controlled by Southern Sudan, leading the Northern Sudanese to be discontent with the distribution
3.
South and North Sudan were marked by religious differences
4.
northern Sudan felt shut out of the political process of Sudanese politics
10. Why did Northern Sudan refuse to allow South Sudan independence for so long?
1.
the separatist movement was only supported by a minority in the South Sudanese population
2.
South Sudan contained the majority of the country’s oil reserves
3.
the South Sudanese were the same ethnic and religious group as the North
4.
the independence movement was new and failed to show a commitment to independence
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/22/2015
Tutor: Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student replied 2 years ago
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student