Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. Which of the following is not a reason private security

Customer Question
has grown phenomenally since the...
1. Which of the following is not a reason private security has grown phenomenally since the 1970s? A. Better control and attention to the problem for businesses
B. Dramatic increase in violent crime in the United States
C. Fewer constitutional limitations
D. Declining revenues for public policing
2. Under the _______ model of law enforcement, officers employed by the state have essentially the same enforcement powers as local police and can work cases and enforce the law anywhere within the state.
A. highway patrol B. universal
C. state police
D. federalized
3. The idea that police should focus on law enforcement and leave social services and the maintenance of order to others was fostered by
A. Henry Fielding. B. ***** *****.
C. Robert Peel.
D. August Vollmer.
4. Which of the following is not a state law enforcement model? A. Sheriff model
B. Highway patrol model
C. State police model
D. Department of public safety model
5. The measure of "excessive force" is whether the coercion used A. is used against a first-time offender.
B. exceeds the amount of force necessary to control participants in a conflict. C. results in injuries that require medical care.
D. exceeds the amount of force used against the police officer by the participant in the conflict.
6. Which of the following drug enforcement strategies accounts for the greatest number of drug arrests and seizures?
A. Mid-level investigations B. Street-level enforcement C. Major investigations
D. Drug demand reduction
7. The Supreme Court case Tennessee v. Garner restricted the situations in which police are able to A. engage in racial profiling.
B. initiate civil forfeiture proceedings.
C. chase suspects in vehicles.
D. use deadly force.
8. A _______ is an employee of the police department who performs police functions but doesn't have arrest powers.
A. peace officer
B. police cadet
C. public safety officer D. probationary officer
9. As of July 31, 2012, how many foreign terrorist organizations were recognized by the U.S. State Department?
A. 61 B. 21 C. 48 D. 34
10. The modern-day equivalent of a shire reeve is a A. ranger.
B. sheriff.
C. judge.
D. constable watch.
11. Breaking up a fight, holding back a crowd at a sporting event, or intervening in a domestic dispute before it gets violent are examples of which of the following local police duties?
A. Service
B. Order maintenance or peacekeeping C. Law enforcement
D. Information gathering
12. In the 1970s, a study in Kansas City, Missouri, sought to quantify the effectiveness of patrol. What did the researchers discover?
A. Changes in the frequency of patrol had little impact on crime patterns.
B. Aggressive patrol efforts aimed at "lifestyle" crimes reduced the violent crime rate. C. Targeting gun crimes would lead to a significant decrease in homicides.
D. Proactive patrolling worked exceptionally well.
13. What level of education is required to be hired by most law enforcement agencies? A. Some college
B. A 4-year college degree
C. A 2-year college degree
D. High school education
14. By the 1970s, research in criminal justice began to show all of the following findings except which one? A. A rapid response to crime does not necessarily lead to more arrests.
B. Having more police officers using methods made popular under the professional or reform model does not significantly reduce crime.
C. Neighborhood-based policing projects had high success rates because of low costs, administrative efficiency, and high citizen interest.
D. Unattended disorderly behavior in neighborhoods is a signal to more serious criminals that residents do not care what goes on in their community and that the criminals can move in and operate with impunity.
15. The FBI reports that losses from cybercrime total nearly _______ per year. A. $10 billion
B. $1 billion
C. $10 million
D. $100 million
16. Arrests for drug crimes typically account for _______ percent of all arrests reported to the FBI. A. 1.2
B. 25
C. 12
D. 5
17. The FBI considers the Animal Liberation Front to be a/an _______ organization. A. agroterrorist
B. loosely affiliated extremist
C. special interest terrorist
D. issue-oriented advocacy
18. What term is used to describe cybercriminals who control drop accounts and provide information for those accounts to other criminals for a fee?
A. Premier mules B. Money mules C. Cashers
D. Tellers
19. Which of the following is the most complete DNA database? A. IAFIS
B. CODIS
C. NCIC
D. HUD
20. _______ is the right of a justice agency to act in regard to a particular subject matter, territory, or person.
A. Community policing B. Jurisdiction
C. Jurisprudence
D. Interdiction
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
Attached is the pdf file of the questions.
Cancel this please, I figured the answers out ! And refund the 5 dollar deposit back.
7/9/2015
Tutor: Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work replied 2 years ago
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Hello, Click here for deposit refund information. Thanks for letting me know; I was just starting to work on the answers!
Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate