Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

P1. The number of bacteria, , in a certain culture that is

Customer Question
P1. The number of bacteria...
P1. The number of bacteria, B, in a certain culture that is subject to refrigeration can be
approximated by the equation , B = 300000e^(-0.032t), where e is the irrational number 2.71828
(rounded to five decimal places) known as Eulerโ€™s number, and t is the time, in hours, that the
culture has been refrigerated. Using this equation write a Matlab script that prompts the user for
a value of time, calculates the number of bacteria in the culture, and displays the results. Check
your program using a test input of 10 hours and append the result to the script as comments.
P2. The volume of oil stored in a underground 200-foot deep cylindrical tank is determined by
measuring the distance from the top of the tank to the surface of the oil. Knowing this distance
and the radius of the tank, the volume of oil in the tank can be determined using the formula
volume= (pi)*radius^(2)(200-distance) . Using this information write a Matlab script that prompts
the user to input the radius and distance measurements, calculates the volume of oil in the tank,
and displays the two input values and the calculated volume. Check your program using a test
input of radius=10 feet and distance=12 feet and append the result to the script as comments.
3.11 [Modified] The displacement of the oscillating spring shown in Figure P3.11 can be described by ๐‘ฅ =
๐ด ๐‘๐‘œ๐‘ (๐œ”๐‘ก), where x = displacement at time t; A = maximum displacement; ๐Ž= angular frequency, which
depends on the spring constant and the mass attached to the spring.; t= time
Ask the user to enter a value for A, the maximum displacement and a value for the angular frequency. Find
the displacement x for times from 0 to 10 seconds. Display your results in a table of displacement and time
values.
Test your program using A=4 cm, and ๐œ” = 0.6 radian/s.
3.13 [Modified] You can use trigonometry to find the height of a building as shown in figure P3.13.
Suppose you measure the angle between the line of sight and the horizontal line connecting the measuring
point and the building. You can calculate the height of the building with the following formula:
tan(๐œƒ) = โ„Ž/๐‘‘; โ„Ž = ๐‘‘๐‘ก๐‘Ž๐‘›(๐œƒ)
Find the maximum and minimum heights the building can be by asking the user to enter the distance to the
building, and the maximum and minimum angle measured along the line of sight.
Test your program with the d=120 m; max angle =33 degrees, min angle=27 degrees.
3.16 [Modified] The range of an object shot at an angle ๐œƒ with respect to the x-axis and an initial velocity v0
is given by
๐‘…๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘”๐‘’ =
(๐‘ฃ0/g)sin(2๐œƒ)
For 0 โ‰ค ๐œƒ โ‰ค ๐œ‹/2 and neglecting air resistance. Use g = 9.81 m/s2
. Ask the user to enter a value for the
initial velocity. Obtain the approximate value for the maximum range. Use the range increment of ๐œ‹/100
for this calculation.
3.23 [Modified] Impedance is related to the inductance, L, and the capacitance, C, by the following
equations
๐‘๐‘ =
1
๐‘—๐œ”๐ถ ๐‘๐ฟ = ๐‘—๐œ”๐ฟ
For a circuit similar to the one shown in Figure P3.22, assume ๐œ” = 2๐œ‹๐‘“ and ask the user to enter a value for
C, L, and R. Calculate and display the impedance for the capacitor, ๐‘๐ถ and for the inductor, ๐‘๐ฟ and the total
impedance ๐‘๐‘‡. ๐‘๐‘‡ = ๐‘๐ถ+๐‘๐ฟ + ๐‘…. Note: ๐‘๐‘‡ is going to be a complex number.
Test your program using ๐ถ = 1๐œ‡๐น; ๐ฟ = 200 ๐‘š๐ป; ๐‘… = 5ฮฉ; ๐‘Ž๐‘›๐‘‘ ๐‘“ = 15 ๐‘˜๐ป๏ฟฝ
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/7/2015
Tutor:ย akch2002, Engineerย replied 2 years ago
akch2002
akch2002, Engineer
Kindly upload soft copy of these questions as many questions are not complete. Also inform when these are due. I will go off line and will come back on line in 8 hrs or so.
I will start working after hearing from you.
I will go through the attachments and let you know if I can reply. Further kindly inform time in hours as I am in totally different time zone.
Customer replyย replied 2 years ago
GMT 1am is due time 07/15/2015
Customer replyย replied 2 years ago
9pm Eastern Standard time 07/14/2015 (U.S East Coast)
Can you not tell me time in hours? If there is enough time, I will try; otherwise I will opt out.
Customer replyย replied 2 years ago
17hrs
It is not enough time for me to study and reply. I will prefer to opt out.
Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate