Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Write a program to keep track of a hardware store's inventory.

Customer Question
The store sells various items...
Write a program to keep track of a hardware store's inventory. The store sells various items. For each item in the store, the following information is kept: itemID, itemName, number of pieces orderd, number of pieces currently in the sotre, number of pieces sold, manufacturer's price for the item, and the store's selling price. At the end of each week, the sotre manager would like to see a report in the following form:
Friendly Hardware Store
itemID itemName pOrdered pInStore pSold manufPrice sellingPrice
4444 Circular Saw 150 150 40 45.00 125.00
3333 Cooking Range 50 50 20 450.00 850.00
.
.
.
Total Inventory: $#########.##
Total number of items in the store: _______________
The total inventory is the total selling value of all the items currently in the sotre. The total number of items is the sum of the number of pieces of all the items in the store.
Your program must be menu drive, giving the user various choices, such as checking whether an item is in the store, selling an item, and printing the report. After inputting the data, sort it according to the items' names. Also, after an item is sold, update the appropriate counts.
Initially, the number of pieces (of an item) in the store is the same as the number of pieces ordered, and the number of pieces of an item sold is zero. Input to the program is a file consisting of data in the following form:
itemID
itemName
pOrdered manufPrice sellingPrice
Use 7 parallel vectors to store the information. The program must contain at least the following functions: one to input the data into the vectors, one to display the menu, one to sell an item, and one to print the report for the manager.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2015
Tutor: LogicPro, Engineer replied 2 years ago
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Welcome
Thank you for asking me. Hope you are doing well.
Zip all files; upload the zipped file to http://wikisend.com or http://ge.tt and post download link here.
What is the deadline?

I do not have any files, my group mates were suppose to some. However, its been 5 days and I have not heard from them.

My deadline is Monday June 21, 2015.

Download this zip file
unzip to get cpp and data file being used
There is also an exe for you to run and see the output
http://wikisend.com/download/421036/inventorycpp.zip
You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers. It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/
so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.
We can continue the conversation until you're satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions and I'm always here to help.
Thank you for using this site!
Useful resources:
https://ww2-secure.justanswer.com/help/do-i-have-rate-answer
http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-rate-answer-hl

I can't seem to get the items in the inventory.dat to run with the .exe. Any way to help?

Which C++ colpiler are you using?

Dev-C++

I will have to see your screen. I'm going to make an offer for remote service that you can use. When you accept it, I'll be immediately notified and can do the work to help you. After accepting, let me know

That's okay, Im on my mac right now and the code is you made is on my windows. I just want to make sure the info will be there when my teacher opens the program.

Yes, the program is working fine.
Open the file in Dev C++ and then try to run it.

is it possible to change the .dat to a text file .txt? or would this mess up the program?

yes, it is possible. But it does not matter whether information is stored in .dat file or .txt file.
Please wait,
Do you need it using arrays or using vectors?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Hi again,
Just following up with you to see how everything is going and if you have more questions for me.
You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you do to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
If you need any additional information on this answer, please don't hesitate to ask by clicking on 'Reply to Expert', and I will reply as soon as possible.
I hope you found the information in my answer helpful, and if so, please let me know, here. Thank you!
Thanks very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes
LogicPro
Hi again,
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
Thank you very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes
LogicPro
Hi again,
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
Best wishes
LogicPro
Hi again,
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
Thanks very much for using Just Answer!
Best wishes
LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer