Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

I have 10 use case questions that need programming in sql projec…

Customer Question
I have 10 use case...
I have 10 use case questions that need programming in sql for a project that I a working on. I can send over the requirements and wondered if you would be willing to take on this small project? It would need to be done by this Friday morning.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
6/16/2015
Tutor: ATLProg, Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Hello can you provide more info
Here you go.Objective
Create an initial design for a database schema for an online DVD rental business that is
similar to the DVD rental portion of the business pioneered by NetFlix®. Map your conceptual
design into MS SQL, and implement the database schema.
Default Project Description
Design a database for a DVD rental business such as Netflix.com. The store rents DVDs online.
The customer business model is illustrated below.
In order to rent a movie, a person must be enrolled at the online store. There are two different
membership programs. As quoted from NetFlix®:
“With NetFlix you can rent as many DVDs from the comfort of your home and have them
delivered to your door in about 1 business day. There are no late fees and no due dates,
and shipping is free both ways. Programs start at $11.99 plus any applicable tax. With our
most popular program, 3-at-a-time, you can rent as many DVDs as you want for just
$17.99 a month. You keep a revolving library of up to 3 DVDs at a time and can exchange
them for new available DVDs as often as you like. … Our 2-at-a-time program (limit 4
DVDs per month) is $11.99 plus any applicable tax per month.” (From
http://www.netflix.com)
Below is an example use case to aid in understanding the Netflix operation:
1. A customer signs up for the 3-at-a-time program.
2. The same customer adds 10 movies to their queue.
3. Netflix mails to the customer the first three movies in their queue.
4. The customer watches and returns the first movie to Netflix.
5. Netflix mails out the next movie in the queue to the customer, which is the fourth movie
added to the queue in Step #3.
6. The customer closes their account, but only returns two of the three movies the customer
has at home.
7. Netflix charges the customer $25 for the missing movie.
This use case is not exhaustive. There will be elements in your database mentioned in the
Netflix specification, but not mentioned in this use case.
The database will store membership information for each person, the movies she/he rented,
movies in the queue to be rented, when were these movies returned, and so on.
The rental history is used for two purposes:
 To give employees a basis to work from when they are asked what movie the customer
has rented out or if it was lost in mail
 To determine if the movie was never mailed back by the customer
The database that you design must support all the usual value chain operations occurring at a
video rental e-store. You will design the Entity-Relationship model (ERD) for this database, and
its corresponding relational model. It is not possible to attempt a full production-capable
database for a large enterprise such as NetFlix in the time period afforded by this course; such a
database would have a few hundred tables. A general guideline is that to effectively create this
design for this course, the logical ERD should have between 10 and 20 entities. This number is
not exact and will vary according to your specific implementation. Example entities include
Customer, Movie, Rental, and Queue.
Note that this implementation need not provide for streaming or downloadable movie content. I can get you the use case objectives if you accept and I would agree to pay you $100 for your time on this project.
I can send over a document that has all the requirements in it. I don't think will take you long at all to do.
I have gone with another website and will be requesting a refund. Thank you
Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate