ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
44910485

Looking

Customer Question

looking for help
Category: Homework
Expert:  ATLProg replied 2 years ago.
Can you please provide more information
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Design a program that will prompt the user for the required data and then store it. The required data includes the item name, the price per pound, and the number of pounds of that item being purchased. When complete, your program should include three (3) arrays, two (2) loops, one (1) and / or conditional statement, and one (1) variable.
Using Visual Logic, design a flowchart that is also a fully functional program to add functionality to the online shopping cart. According to your design, the program must:
1. Continually accept data regarding the purchase of fruit as specified below until the user enters a sentinel value, or until five (5) items are entered, whichever comes first.
2. Prompt the user for each item and accept the name of the fruit (e.g., “dried apples”), the price per pound, and the number of pounds sold in a month.
3. Store the required data in three (3) arrays (e.g., one (1) for the item name, one (1) for the price per pound, and one (1) for the number of pounds being purchased) with corresponding index values. Note: For example, index value 3, when applied to the “itemName” array, would give us the name of the third item that the customer is buying. That same index value of 3, when applied to the “pricePerPound” array, would give us the price per pound of that same third item that the customer is buying.
4. Store up to five (5) values in each of the three (3) arrays.
5. Provide functionality in which the user ends the program by typing a sentinel value, and the program tells the user what the sentinel value is. Note: An acceptable message may read “Type n to end the program.”, where “n” is the sentinel value. If the user does not end the program in this way, then the program ends when it has collected the data for five (5) items.
6. Print an itemized receipt with the following data after the last item in the purchase has been saved to the array.
o Item name
o Price per pound of each item
o Number of pounds purchased of each item
o Subtotal price for each item, calculated as price per pound multiplied by the number of pounds
o Total weight of the entire order (in pounds)
o The cost of shipping which is based on the total weight of the entire order, calculated as 50 cents per pound. Note: For example, if the entire order weighs seven (7) pounds, the cost of shipping would be $3.50.
o Grand total price of all items and shipping.
Note: Use the “console” option in the output command to accomplish this task. An example of an acceptable output has been provided below:Itmename Price per pound number of pounds subtotal
Yellow Raisins $4 3 $12
Dried Apples $3 5 $15
Total 8 $27
Shipping $4
Grand Total $31
Expert:  ATLProg replied 2 years ago.
So you need just the visual logic flow chart correct?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  ATLProg replied 2 years ago.
Please download solution from
http://wikisend.com/download/205554/FransVirtualFruitStand.vls
I hope i was able to assist you. If you are happy with my service please rate my service . If your are not 100% satisfied, please reply to me so that i can help you better.
Please start your question with "For ATLProg only" to request me again
Please bookmark my profile page http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-atlprog/ so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please send me a snapshot of the program
Expert:  ATLProg replied 2 years ago.
Here it is
http://wikisend.com/download/827572/Capture.JPG
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this is not what I am looking for. I want to see the program itself. Please remove testing screen.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
this not want I am asking for. I don't want to see the testing screen. I want to see the program from start to end.
Expert:  ATLProg replied 2 years ago.
Oh OK will do
Expert:  ATLProg replied 2 years ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you
Expert:  ATLProg replied 2 years ago.
Please remember to rate answer
Expert:  ATLProg replied 2 years ago.
How does it look.
Hope i was able to assist you. If you are happy with my service please rate my service . If your are not 100% satisfied, please reply to me so that i can help you better.