Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Generate an object-oriented design system that keeps

Customer Question
Generate an object-oriented design for...
Generate an object-oriented design for a system that keeps tracks of your CD and DVD collection. Identify each of the classes, associated data, and operations for the classes. Generate the pseudocode for each of the classes as demonstrated on p. 458 in
Ch. 9 of Prelude to Programming. Draw a GUI that will create the objects and provide access to each object’s processing methods. Note. Use the drawing tool in Microsoft® Word or in any other applicable drawing tool to complete this part of the assignment.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Homework
here is the example from page 458
Example 9.4 Using a Child Class for a Cube That Is Not
Really a Cube
The following pseudocode gives the definitions of the class Cube (from Section
9.1) and its child class, SquareBox. The SquareBox class makes use of all attributes
and methods of the Cube class, although it changes the definition of the
ComputeVolume() method and adds an attribute and two methods of its own. In
this example, we have made the attributes of the Cube class available to the derived
SquareBox class by declaring Side and Volume as Protected, rather than Private.
1 Class Cube
2 Declare Protected Side As Float
3 Declare Protected Volume As Float
4 //create constructor
5 Public Cube()
6 Set Side = 1.0
7 Set Volume = 1.0
8 End Constructor
9 Public Subprogram SetSide(NewSide)
10 Set Side = NewSide
11 End Subprogram
12 Public Subprogram ComputeVolume()
13 Set Volume = Side^3
14 End Subprogram
15 Public Function GetVolume() As Float
16 Set GetVolume = Volume
17 End Function
18 Public Function GetSide() As Float
19 Set GetSide = Side
20 End Function
21 End Class
22 Class SquareBox Extends Cube
23 Declare Private Height As Float
24 //create constructor
25 Public SquareBox()
26 Set Height = 1.0
27 Set Side = 1.0
28 Set Volume = 1.0
29 End Constructor
30 Public Subprogram SetHeight(NewHeight)
31 Set Height = NewHeight
32 End Subprogram
33 Public Function GetHeight() As Float
34 Set GetHeight = Height
35 End Function
36 Public Subprogram ComputeVolume()
37 Set Volume = Side^2 * Height
38 End Subprogram
39 End Class
I need this done by sunday with the pseudo code and the gui in one word document. Thanks
and you probably no more than me about GUI's I believe my instructor just wants you to draw buttons that the user would push to the program you write I believe thats what a GUI is, I really need you to kick ass on this one for me, it's worth 90 points, I had you do those test cases an my stupid instructor still wouldn't give me any points because he's a dick and because I didn't make test cases exactly like his examples lol so this time I gave you the examples and exactly what needs to be included, im down to a 50 % i need a 60 to pass this class and be done with this dumb pseudo code night mare, and to give you a heads up I have a big project for you next weekend, worth 250 points which will make me or break me i'll submit it early friday morning to you and won''t need it done til sunday also but that will consist of a pseudo code, test cases, flow chart, and hier archy chart. basically everything we learned all class it's the final project, if I have the funds I'll try to submit it sooner so you have time to work on it.
For ALTPROG ONLY
6/6/2015
Tutor: ATLProg, Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
I will opt out for others because of time constraints
so when do you think I will hear something back I need this done by tomorrow?
do you know any body else thats good at this stuff on here like you? I need it done before seven tomorrow night
Did you send them all the information about the project or do i Have to resend it to them again?
Why has no one else gotten ahold of me yet? I need this done by tonight
Scott
Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate