Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Question 27 A minor buys a car, and continues to drive the…

Question 27 A minor buys a...
Question 27
A minor buys a car, and continues to drive the car for more than a reasonable time after turning 18. This action would constitute a(n):

Express disaffirmance.

Implied disaffirmance.

Express ratification.

Implied ratification.

Question 28
Which of the following is true regarding contracts?

A contract that is completely performed by all parties is called an executory contract.

A contract that has been completely performed by one party, but not the other, is called an executed contract.

A contract that has been performed by A but not by B is executory as to B and executed as to A.

To be enforceable, a contract must be executed.

Question 29
Pursuant to the typical court procedure in a civil case lawsuit, the "pleadings" typically consist of:

a. The complaint and the answer

b. A plea to a judge for leniency at sentencing time

c. Giving depositions

d. Answering interrogatories

Question 30
1. What is FALSE about a board of directors of the traditional business corporation?

a. The board must act as a collective body to legally bind the corporation.

b. The board is protected for poor business decisions by the "business judgment rule."

c. The board is responsible for establishing of major corporate polices and exercises ultimate control of the corporation.

d. Board members are automatically entitled to compensation for serving on a board based on federal corporate law but the compensation must not be "excessive" and the shareholders must approve of the compensation "package."

Question 31
Under the UCC, between merchants, if a purported acceptance contains additional terms, there is an acceptance, and

The additional terms are not part of the contract.

The additional terms are part of the contract. P 295

The additional terms do not become part of the contract if they materially alter the contract.

There is no contract.

Question 32
What kind of contract is formed when each party makes a promise in return for the other's promise?

A unilateral contract.

A quasi contract.

A bilateral contract.

An implied moral contract by acceptance.

Question 33
A wholesale distributor who is named in a product liability suit based on strict liability could avoid liability if:

The plaintiff had not purchased the product causing the injury.

The distributor exercised reasonable care in all ways with respect to the product causing the injury.

This product had been used for many years by other users without injury.

This defect which caused the injury occurred after the product left the distributor.

Question 34
Martha is a minority shareholder in the ABC Corporation. Which method of voting would give Martha the best chance to elect someone to the board of directors?

Cumulative.

Noncumulative.

Proxy.

Supermajority.

Question 35
1. Under the common law, a tort can best be defined as:

A. Any violation of an ethical or moral duty.

B. Another term for a crime or misdemeanor.

C. An action done in breach of an agreement that allows the aggrieved party to recover damages.

D. A civil wrong that allows an injured person to recover damages.

Question 36
Each of the following is a function of law except:

A. Helping to shape moral views and standard

B. Helping to maintain the status quo

C. Allowing personal retaliation by victims against their aggressors

D. Helping to facilitate orderly change.

Question 37
The first step in a lawsuit is when the plaintiff files a:

Notice of lawsuit.

Intent to sue.

Complaint.

Summons.
0.5 points
Question 38
1. Which of the following is true regarding Title VII of the federal Civil Rights Act in the workplace?

a. The plaintiff employee must always prove a malicious, wrongful intent to discriminate on the part of the defendant employer against the employee to prevail in a Title VII civil rights lawsuit.

b. Only "big" employers with 2000 or more employees are covered by the federal Title VII Civil Rights Act due to the voluminous record-keeping requirements.

c. The employer must make an accommodation to an employee's religious beliefs, observances, and practices regardless of the expense, cost, or burden since freedom of religion is a very important civil right in the United States.

d. As a general rule, an employer can discriminate on the basis of appearance by selecting only "good-looking" and attractive male and female applicants for its sales force.
0.5 points
Question 39
1. Which of the following can be deemed to be a product defect pursuant to strict liability tort law?

a. The lack of a warning or the lack of an adequate warning on a product.

b. A flawed product, that is, one that does not meet the manufacturer's own standards for that product.

c. A product that does not incorporate state-of-the-art safety mo
6/7/2014
Josie-Mod

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with the Experts to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of the Experts.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

I wait

Hello

Thank you, ***** ***** continue to look for an Expert to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,

Josie~Moderator

Fine

Brittany
Brittany, Professional
Hello ***** question seems to have been cut off on question 39 in mid answer for option C. Can you please post the end of the question?

Sure

Question 39

a.

The lack of a warning or the lack of an adequate warning on a product.

b.

A flawed product, that is, one that does not meet the manufacturer's own standards for that product.

c.

A product that does not incorporate state-of-the-art safety modifications which are feasible economically and practically to do.

d.

All of the above.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Brittany
Brittany, Professional
Thank you!

Thank you