Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Question 1 1. Big Sneaker Multinational Company has an Asian manufacturing facility which would be regarded as...

Question 1 1. Big Sneaker Multinational Company...
Question 1
1. Big Sneaker Multinational Company has an Asian manufacturing facility which would be regarded as a "sweat-shop," where young, teen-age girls are exploited, working for poor wages and with minimal safety precautions, as well as some of the girls being sexually harassed by managers in the making of sneakers. The company, however, is acting legally in Asia and, moreover, produces a lot of money for the Asian and U.S. economies, the company's shareholders and distributors and retailers; and furthermore the U.S. consumer gets a very good product at a reasonable price. The Asian girls have some type of a job, at least. Under these circumstances, Kant based on his Categorical Imperative would say:

a. If those type of working conditions are considered to be normal and the customary practice in Asian societies then the facility is a moral one.

b. If the facility produces the greater good for U.S. and the Asian society then it is a moral one despite some suffering by the employees.

c. If the facility produces overall good for the company, despite a little bad publicity which the "PR people" can handle, then it is moral.

d. If the working conditions at the facility are not improved and if the sexual harassment of the girls is not stopped, the facility is an immoral one as it fails the Kingdom of Ends and Agent/Receiver tests.
0.5 points
Question 2
1. Maria works in the public relations department of National Sales Company. Her job includes portraying National's activities in their "best light." In this context, ethical egoism can be described as

Actions that produce a favorable financial outcome

Whatever saves National's "face"

A Machiavellian mind-set

All of the above.
0.5 points
Question 3
1. Which of the following statements is NOT correct?

Laws change but ethics is constant for Kantians.

Laws change and ethics are ever changeable for a Sophist.

Laws stay the same, but definitions of corporate social responsibility are constant.

Morality is constant for Socrates, but changes for an ethical relativist.
0.5 points
Question 4
1. The Sophists, who were known as respected teachers in ancient Greece, became vilified through time, and now have the negative words "sophist" and "sophistry" associated with them, because:

They emphasized that there was no universal truth in morality, ethics, justice, and religion.

They placed an emphasis on debate, rhetorical skills, and argumentation regardless of any underlying truth.

They were known as the first business consultants and emphasized making money and securing power by whatever means necessary, and then getting good publicity for being socially responsible.

All of the above.
0.5 points
Question 5
1. Eva, the chief executive officer of Federated Corporation, wants to ensure that the company's activities are legal and achieve the greater good. The best course for Eva and her company is to act in

Ignorance of the law

Regard for the firm's shareholders only

Their own self-interest

None of the above.
0.5 points
Question 6
1. What are some of the challenges is determining a "moral minimum wage" to be paid to one's employees in a manufacturing facility in Cambodia?

a. One must attempt to determine what the prevailing wage rate is in the pertinent labor market - both industry and geographic.

b. One must determine what the legal minimum is, if any; and if there is one whether that law is enforced by the government.

c. One must ascertain what ethical theory one is going to apply to determine what exactly the "moral minimum wage is.

d. All of the above.
0.5 points
Question 7
1. Abraham Lincoln's famous condemnation of slavery, "So I would not be a slave, therefore I shall not be a master," best reflects what type of ethical thinking:

Ethical relativism

Utilitarianism

Rousseau's General Will theory

Kant's Categorical Imperative
6/2/2014
Ellen, Lawyer

It looks like you have 7 questions. Is that correct?

yes

Thank you for your respondents Patricia. I'm working on the solutions now.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ellen, Lawyer
Thank you Patricia

Hi can you please help me on these questions? Thank you

Which of the following is a false statement?

Pursuant to the UCC, an agreement modifying a contract generally needs no new consideration to be binding.

An oral contract for goods that are specially manufactured for a particular buyer may be enforceable under the UCC even without a writing.

The Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods closely follows the Uniform Commercial Code of U.S. law.

Pursuant to the Uniform Commercial Code, a merchant who sells one type of good will be considered a merchant for any other type of good that he or she sells since a merchant is a merchant.

Question 11

A transaction in which two corporations combine such that afterwards only one of them still exists and owns all the assets previously owned by either corporation is best called a:

Merger.

Consolidation.

Purchase of assets.

Share exchange.

Question 13

Which of the following is the most accurate statement?

A sole proprietorship is a separate legal entity for U.S. tax purposes and thus the entity must file its own tax return.

A franchise is an association of members comparable to a partnership organized to provide an information sharing exchange among the members about economic issues.

Franchisors that firmly set and fix the prices at which the franchisees can resell products or perform services may violate antitrust laws.

A franchisor can always establish an additional franchisee in a territory allotted to a franchisee if the franchisee agreement is silent as to exclusivity of the territory.

Question 14

Where the principal makes representations to a third party about the role that an agent is to play, which kind of authority usually arises?

Apparent authority.

Authority by ethics.

Inherent authority.

Implied authority.

1. Under which of the following can a party collect damages?

A.

Unilateral mistake

B.

Mutual mistake

C.

Palpable mistake

D.

Hi Patricia,

It would be my pleasure to assist with these questions. Please accept the offer for additional services that I have just sent to you and we can work directly through private e-mail

Thank you,
FiveStarLaw

Accepted

Hi Patricia,

You need to actually click the "accept" - then you place your email address in the box that will open

I already did

Okay if you can see my e-mail in the private contact info box below - send me an email so that I have your e-mail address to send my suggestions
Patricia I have not received an e-mail from you nor have I received your e-mail address. Please place your e-mail address in the private contact information box below and/or send me an e-mail.

Also 14 choice D is missing

Question 14

1. Where the principal makes representations to a third party about the role that an agent is to play, which kind of authority usually arises?

Apparent authority.

p

Authority by ethics.

Inherent authority.

Implied authority.

Hi

I have these questions answered and ready for you. I just need your e-mail address