Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. (TCO 3) In a molecule with covalent bonding, which of the

1. (TCO 3) In...
1. (TCO 3) In a molecule with covalent bonding, which of the following occurs? (Points : 2)
atoms of different metals form bonds
atoms of noble gases are held together by attractions between oppositely charged ions
atoms are held together by sharing electrons
atoms of metals form bonds to atoms of nonmetals
oppositely charged ions are held together by strong electrical attractions

Question 2. 2. (TCO 3) Which of the following polyatomic ions has a 3- ionic charge? (Points : 2)
nitrate
sulfate
phosphate
hydroxide
hydrogen carbonate

Question 3. 3. (TCO 3) What is the formula of carbon tetraiodide? (Points : 2)
CI3
C4I
CI4
C2I4
CI

Question 4. 4. (TCO 3) Double and triple bonds form because of which of the following? (Points : 2)
there is at least one hydrogen atom involved in the bond
the atoms involved have high electronegativities
one of the atoms in the molecule has more than eight valence electrons
the ions involved have charges larger than 1
single covalent bonds do not give all of the atoms in the molecule eight valence electrons

Question 5. 5. (TCO 3) The octet rule indicates which of the following? (Points : 2)
all of the noble gases have eight total electrons
all of the shells in an atom hold a maximum of eight electrons
the noble gases react with other compounds to get eight valence electrons
atoms lose, gain, or share valence electrons to have eight valence electrons
all of the Group A elements have eight valence electrons

Question 6. 6. (TCO 3) Calculate the molar mass of magnesium chloride, MgCl2. (Points : 2)
125.9 g
59.8 g
95.2 g
70.0 g
24.3 g

Question 7. 7. (TCO 3) A reaction that releases energy as it occurs is classified as a(n) ________. (Points : 2)
catalyzed reaction
exothermic reaction
decomposition reaction
endothermic reaction
oxidation-reduction reaction

Question 8. 8. (TCO 3) In an oxidation-reduction reaction, the substance oxidized always does which of the following? (Points : 2)
gives up hydrogen atoms
takes on oxygen atoms
becomes a charged species
shows a gain of electrons
shows a loss of electrons

Question 9. 9. (TCO 3) In the reaction of nitrogen gas (N2) with hydrogen gas (H2) to form ammonia gas (NH3) how many moles of hydrogen are needed to react with two moles of nitrogen?
N2 + 3 H2 --> 2NH3
(Points : 2)
6 moles
10 moles
8 moles
4 moles
2 moles

Question 10. 10. (TCO 3) How many grams of H2 (molar mass = 2.00 g/mole) are needed to produce 1.80 g of water (molar mass = 18.0 g/mole) according to this equation?
2 H2 + O2 --> 2 H2O
(Points : 2)
4.00 g
0.200 g
2.00 g
0.180 g
0.100 g

Question 11. 11. (TCO 3) Balance the following equation:
C5H8 + ? O2 --> 5CO2 + 4H2O (Points : 10)
11/10/2013
Homework Jay
Homework Jay, College graduate
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

I am in the process of answering these questions for you. I will post shortly.

Ok thanks

I got 20 min left

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Homework Jay
Homework Jay, College graduate
Homework Jay
Homework Jay
Homework Jay, College graduate