Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

pennfoster exam 050200RR 20 MULTI CHOICE

1.Among the advanced technologies used...

1.Among the advanced technologies used to study the brain’s structure and functions, which one provides details three-dimensional image of the brain’s structures and activities?

A.Functional magnetic resonance imaging

B.Transracial magnetic stimulation

C.Positron emission tomography

D.Electroencephalogram

2.You could locate receptor sites involved in transmitting a nerve impulse by finding the 

A.Neural regulators

B.Myelin

C.Endorphins

D.Synapse

3.Lorriane and albert are discussing neurotransmitters, getting ready for an exam. Lorriane maintains that neuronal dendrites sort excitatory and inhibitory messages through a process of elimination dictated by reuptake activity. Albert on the other hand, argus that inhibitory messages always cancel out excitatory message. Who is correct?

A.Neither

B.Lorraine

C.Both

D.Albert

4.Rods are to light intensity as cones are to

A.Color preceptor

B.The iris

C.The retina

D.The optic nerve

5.which of the following statement regarding depth perception is true?

A. motion parallax is detected because we perceive binocular disparity

B. experience teaches us to perceive relative size as an indicator of the color of an object

C. the change in position of an object relative is a binocular cue

D. texture gradient is a monocular cue

6.in conducting an experiment, the experimenter divides a sample group of 60 children into two groups of 30 called group A and group B using a/an______ assignment procedure, such as a coin toss, where heads sends a subject to group A and tails sends a subject to group B.

A. subjective

B. random

C. experimental

D. independent

7.  Jason argues that the pituitary gland’s main purpose is regulating the activity of other gland in the body. Barbara maintains that the pituitary gland also regulates growth. Who is correct?

A. neither

B. Barbara

C. both

D. Jason

8.  within the cerebral cortex, the _______ area is found in the occipital lobe.

A. main auditory

B. association

C. somatosensory

D. visual

9.  which of these statements most accurately characterizes linear perspective?

A.as we view a landscape, the relative sizes of objects are revealed by texture gradient cues.

B. through experience, we determine that changes in image focused on the retina occur as a result of the motion of our bodies.

C. having learned that objects tend to be closer together, we interpret a two-dimensional image on the retina in three dimensions.

D. we learn to compensate ffor the monocular disparity between the retinal images of the left and right eye.

10.A clinical experiment is digned in such a way that neither the researchers dispensing a treatment nor the persons in the experimental or control group know if they’re getting a sugar pill or a new drug. This sort of experimental design is employing a/an _____ procedure.

A. experimenter expectations

B. reverse psychology

C. double-blind

D. placebo

11.  Regarding the association areas of the cerebral cortex, which of the following statement is most accurate?

A. association areas are to thinking as neuroplasticity is to language.

B. changes in personality may indicate damage to the association areas.

C. the association areas are largely responsible for neurogenesis

D. most association areas are located in the left cerebral hemisphere.

12. Dr. Lombard’s research is focused on the capacity of the human mind to store and retrieve information. Her colleague, dr. fry is a clinician who strives to help his clients be “the best that they can be.” As a fly on the wall listening to the two psychologist’ friendly disputes during coffee breaks, which of these assertions would you most likely expect from Dr. Fry?

A. people can’t be held responsible for their life choices.

B. the person’s basic assumptions about themselves are inevitably false.

C. mental confusion is best compared to a deficiency in short-term memory

D. if biology is destiny the concept of free will can be only an illusion.

13. if you adopt the ______ perspective, you’ll reject an emphasis on what goes on in people’s minds in favor of focusing on measurable behaviors that can be objectively measured.

A. neuroscience

B. cognitive

C. behavioral

D. psychodynamic

14. you’ll need to select a sample that represents a larger group when you’re conducting            

A. naturalistic observation

B. a case study

C. archival research

D. survey research

15. which of the following statements regarding processing is true?

A.top-down processing is a process of recognizing and processing components of a pattern.

B. bottom-up processing allows us to fill in the gaps in an incomplete or ambiguous pattern.

C. bottom-up processing is guided by experience, expectation, and motivations.

D. top-down processing allows us to fill in the gaps in an incomplete or ambiguous pattern.

16. Dr. jones is interested in how human behavior may be genetically inherited from remote ancestors, such as chimpanzees. Her field of interest is

A. evolutionary psychology

B. behavioral genetics

C. clinical psychobiology

D. chemical psychobiology

17. which of the following statements regarding taste and smell is true?

A. women tend to have a better sense of smell than men

B. so-called supertasters may be inclined to obesity

C. people often have a very short memory of smells

D. taste buds wear out and are replaced about every 25 days.

18. by means of introspection, dr. marsh attempts to determine the components of things like perception, thinking, and consciousness. By contrast, Dr. smyth wants to understand what the mind does in producing different kinds of behavior. We can reasonably assume that Dr. Marsh’s research is mainly guided by the principles of

A. functional

B. structuralism

C. objectivism

D. gestalt psychology

19.in a neuron, the myelin sheath serves to insulate

A. terminal buttons

B. the cell body

C. the axon

D. dendrites

20. under Weber’s law, we’ll notice a stimulus difference such that it will be a constant proportion of the intensity of the initial stimulus. Thus, for weight, we’ll notice a one-ounce difference in a weight of 50 ounces. Webster’s law applies most directly to the concept of

A. perceived stimulus

B. sensory adaptation

C. difference threshold

D. absolute threshold

11/5/2013
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work