Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience:  BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications
65126503

Hi there, I was looking at a particular question you answered

Hi there, I was looking at a particular question you answered for a previous customer. I have the exact same question that I need answered, but I have different requirements that aren't going to require nearly as much work. I merely require an outline of the required information.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I'll be happy to help

Steve Herrod :

can you let me know the details?

Steve Herrod :

will be away from laptop for next 10-15 mins but then can take a look

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Worldwide Advertising, Inc. (WAI) has hired you as an IT consultant. WAI is a new advertising firm, and
they are currently hiring staff, establishing two locations, and have a need to get their internal IT
services configured. The firm does not yet have an IT staff, but when they do, the IT staff will take over
all aspects of IT administration.

You are required to supply WAI with a solution that describes the implementation and configuration of
their core IT services. The cost of the implementation is not expected to exceed the company’s budget
and so does not have to be considered in this solution. WAI wishes to implement a solution that will
meet the company’s needs for the next 2-3 years.

There are several details about WAI, which will have an impact on your choices:

1. WAI will start with 300 employees in the following departments:
a. Executives (10 employees) - manage and run the company.
b. Accounts and Sales Department (150 employees) - perform market research and maintain
accounts.
c. Creative, Media and Production Department (100 employees) – advertising.
d. Human Resources (HR) and Finances (30 employees) - perform HR and financial duties.
e. IT (10 employees) - manage IT for the company.

2. WAI will have two sites: one in Los Angeles and one in New York City. Most staff will be located
in Los Angeles with at least one person from each of the departments above located in New
York City.

3. Networking equipment is already in place for both sites. A secure tunnel (using IPSec) will be
established between the two sites so that inter-site traffic will be securely tunneled over the
Internet. You may make whatever other assumptions you wish about intra- and inter-site
connectivity.

4. Security mechanisms (e.g., firewalls, intrusion detection) will be handled separately; there is no
need to describe them.

5. Some departments will want their data to remain private from other departments (e.g.,
Finances personnel will not want other departments’ staff to see the company's financial
details). Your team may make assumptions about how data should be shared or kept private.

6. Assumptions can be made regarding any information not included here; all assumptions should
be identified, however.

Customer:

As mentioned, I don't need a full 10 page paper out of this. I just need the hot point subjects for each requirement in a sort of outline form. Basically I just need an outline that lists what would be required for this scenario to function efficiently.

Customer:

Let me know if that makes sense :)

Steve Herrod :

Yes, makes sense

Customer:

ok

Steve Herrod :

I have several assignments due this evening though so can't really get to this at moment

Steve Herrod :

this is the original assignment which breaks down each area though if that will help?

Customer:

thats actually perfect. I just didn't know if you still had access to it, so i was asking for something as easy and quick for you as possible in the event you didn't. This should be all I need.

Steve Herrod :

ok great

Steve Herrod :

feel free to use it and rework as you need

Customer:

rating you right now. Thanks a lot!

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Steve Herrod :

you're welcome