Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Part One: Quantitative Exercises Barbow Enterprises, Inc.,

Part One: Quantitative Exercises...
Part One: Quantitative Exercises
Barbow Enterprises, Inc., is considering an expansion in their operations. One of the first items they want to examine is their cost of capital. According to the accounting department, the following items and their respective costs have been identified:
• The cost of Common Equity: 15%
• The before tax cost of debt: 12%
• No Preferred stock
They have also calculated the marginal tax rate to be 40% and the stock sells at its book value.
Barbow Enterprises Inc.
Balance Sheet
Assets Liabilities and Owners' Equity

Cash $240 Long Term Debt $2,304
Accounts Receivable 480 Equity 3,456
Inventories 720
Net P&E 4,320
  Total Assets $5,760 Total Liabilities and owners' Equity $5,760
Required:
Calculate Barbow’s after-tax weighted average cost of capital, using the data in the balance sheet above.

Deliverable:
Use a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that illustrates your calculations. You may use the formulas embedded in Microsoft Excel and/or a financial calculator for these calculations.
Name your document SU_FIN2030_W4_A2_part1_LastName_FirstInitial.

Part Two: Final Project 3: Government Securities
In this part of your Final Project, you will research and analyze current information (that is, within the past two months) on government securities.
Step 1: Go to a financial Web site to do your research. The following are three suggested sites, but you may use others. Be sure to cite your sources!
• finance.yahoo.com
• http://www.google.com/finance
• moneycentral.msn.com
Step 2: Research current information (within the last two months) on the yields and maturity for:
1. U.S. treasuries
2. Municipal bonds
3. Corporate bonds
Required:
• Discuss what the pure expectations theory would imply about the yield curve.
• Compare and contrast the yields and maturities for each of the securities.
• Discuss which you would hold and why relative to interest rate risk.
10/27/2013
Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Hi

Welcome to the site. I am Linda and I will try my best to help you with your questions today. Please let me know your deadline for these assignments.

Thank you . Deadline is Tuesday.

I will post the solution by tomorrow night.

I really appreciate this.

I would be happy to help.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Linda_us

Thank You.

You are welcome.

I would really appreciate if you can rate by clicking smiley face as well. If you have any further questions feel free to ask.

i have another assignment how can I sent it to you directly?

Part One: The CAPM

Olter, Inc. is starting its risk management program for the company and has asked for your help in determining critical risk measurements for the firm. The company has identified several factors in the market that they believe are critical for your tasks:

• The risk-free rate is 6%

• The required return on the average stock is 13%

• Olter’s average return is 13%

Required:

1. What is Olter’s beta coefficient?

2. How does the beta coefficient influence the firm’s stock value?

3. What is the required rate of return for Olter?

4. In terms of risk, how does Olter compare to the average firm in the market?

5. If Olter’s beta increased to 1.6, what would you expect to happen to the required rate of return and what does this mean for the firm?

Deliverable:

By Tuesday, November 5, 2013, submit the completed assignment to the W5: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Use a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet that illustrates your calculations. You may use the formulas embedded in Microsoft Excel and/or a financial calculator for these calculations.

Name your document SU_FIN2030_W5_A2_part1_LastName_FirstInitial.

Part Two: Final Project 4: Portfolio Return and Risk; Report and Presentation

Part A: Portfolio Return and Risk

Required:

Select four stocks from finance.yahoo.com, google.finance.com, or moneycentral.msn.com. One should be a clothing manufacturer, one should be a retailer, one should be an automobile manufacturer, and one should be a restaurant or food producer.

1. Obtain the closing price, the change in price from the previous day, and the beta.

2. Calculate the return on holding the stock for a day (this should be the change in price over the closing price without the change).

3. Calculate a portfolio return with weights of 0.25 for each stock.

4. Calculate a weighted beta with weights of 0.25 for each stock.

5. Summarize the implications of the portfolio return and risk with respect to what you learned about beta and the CAPM.

Deliverable:

Name your document SU_FIN2030_W5_A2_part2_LastName_FirstInitial.

Part Three: Final Project 2: Portfolio Analysis

Part A: Research Online Trading Sites and DRIPs

For this part of the assignment, you will evaluate the choices in purchasing stock via online brokerage accounts (where you can buy and sell stock via the Internet) and the use of dividend reinvestment plans (known as DIPs and DRIPs) or mutual funds or index funds.

For online brokers, you will be looking for the requirements to open the accounts: costs, minimum balances, and other features. Because most DIPs or DRIPs are available from publicly traded companies, you can search their Web sites or a search engine on these plans and their requirements.

Perhaps the most famous and useful Web site for these programs ishttp://www.directinvesting.com/. You are to compare and contrast online brokerage to DIPs and DRIPs.

Required:

Research online trading sites and DRIPS as outlined below, and summarize your findings. Make sure to include a summary table of the relevant information.

1. Search three online trading sites, and determine the requirements for trading, including the price per trade. Compare and contrast the online trading companies. (2–3 pages)

2. Search the Web for three companies (look for investor information) that offer DIPs or DRIPs. (2–3 pages)

3. Compare and contrast the requirements, including minimum investments, nature of the return, costs, and other features. (1–2 pages)

Hi

Thanks for requesting me. I have received your assignment and can help you with these question but you would need to create a new post. You can just write "FOR LINDA" in that post and once I am ready with the solution I will reply to your new post.

Here it the link for my profile (Click to create new post)

Linda_us
Linda_us