Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1.) The __________ of 1965 remains the most important voter

legislation ever enacted by Congress. a.)...
1.) The __________ of 1965 remains the most important voter legislation ever enacted by Congress.
a.) Franchise Act
b.) Voting Rights Act
c.) Grandfather Clause
d.) Dissenting Authority Act
2.) Brown v. Board of Education involved which of the following?
a.) Integrated athletic programs in the Deep South
b.) The Separate v. Equal doctrine
c.) Integration of the New Orleans school system
d.) The constitutionality of segregated school systems
3.) Which of the following was one of the first cases in which the Supreme Court recognized the power of the states to regulate local aspects of interstate commerce?
a.) Cooley v. The Board of Wardens
b.) Southern Pacific Company v. Arizona
c.) Cohens v. Virginia
d.) McCulloch v. Maryland
4.) United States v. Carolene Products Co. involved which of the following?
a.) A milk product
b.) A textile product
c.) An automotive product
d.) A petroleum product
5.) Which of the following was a case involving internal security?
a.) Texas v. Johnson
b.) United States v. O'Brien
c.) Brandenburg v. Ohio
d.) Ashcroft v. Free Speech Coalition
6.) Which of the following is a constitutionally protected fundamental right?
a.) Public education
b.) Welfare
c.) Free health care
d.) Interstate travel
7.) An appeal from a decision by a U.S. District Court in California is typically heard by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the __________.
a.) Ninth Circuit
b.) First Circuit
c.) Third Circuit
d.) Federal Circuit
8.) Which of the following justices introduced the "fire in a crowded theater" doctrine in the Schenck case?
a.) Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr.
b.) Felix Frankfurter
c.) John Marshall
d.) Clarence Thomas
9.) Which of the following cases declared for the first time a personal constitutional right of firearm possession, particularly in the context of self-defense?
a.) Griswold v. Connecticut
b.) District of Columbia v. Heller
c.) Powell v. Alabama
d.) McDonald v. City of Chicago
10.) A Supreme Court decision that primarily affects the judiciary:
a.) may be appealed to the President.
b.) must be appealed within ten days.
c.) may be appealed to the attorney general.
d.) cannot be appealed.
11.) Munn v. Illinois involved which of the following?
a.) Butchers
b.) Grain warehouses
c.) Hotel workers
d.) Bakery employees
12.) Which of the following is the lawyer who represents the United States in cases that go before the Supreme Court?
a.) The head of the Department of Justice
b.) A lawyer in private practice appointed by the President
c.) The attorney general
d.) The solicitor general
13.) What was the focus of Missouri v. Holland?
a.) Migratory birds
b.) Railroads
c.) The National Highway
d.) River transportation
14.) The fundamental threshold question that must be addressed in any lawsuit is that of __________.
a.) attainder
b.) habeas corpus
c.) justiciability
d.) jurisdiction
15.) Which case applied the exclusionary rule to the states and helped put the Supreme Court in charge of standards for daily police work?
a.) Atwater v. City of Lago Vista
b.) District of Columbia v. Heller
c.) Virginia v. Black
d.) Mapp v. Ohio
16.) The case of Charles River Bridge v. Warren Bridge rejected constitutional protection for which of the following?
a.) Implied contracts
b.) Expired contracts
c.) Oral agreements
d.) Binding law
17.) After determining that a real case or controversy exists, a federal court must ascertain whether the parties to the litigation have __________.
a.) jurisdiction
b.) a cause of action
c.) standing
d.) an injunction
18.) Which of the following cases involved the constitutionality of imposing a 10% federal tax on the net income of anyone employing child labor, regardless of how many children they employed?
a.) United States v. Virginia
b.) Everson v. Board of Education
c.) Bailey v. Drexel Furniture Co.
d.) Guinn v. United States
19.) James Madison was an advocate of which of the following?
a.) Separation of powers
b.) Establishment of a monarchy
c.) An income tax
d.) A weak Constitution and strong states' rights
20.) When does right to counsel apply?
a.) Upon taking a suspect into custody
b.) At the commencement of formal judicial proceedings
c.) During a search of a home under a warrant
d.) At the request of a suspect during a police interrogation
21.) Does America need an exclusionary rule to deter police misconduct? Explain and support your opinion. Include pertinent legal cases and how they have affected the exclusionary rule. (200 Words).
22.) What is federalism, and what objections and concerns were expressed when it was first proposed? Which constitutional amendment originated because of federalism, and what did that amendment provide? Do not just recite the relevant amendment; analyze and discuss it. (200 Words).
23.) Should federal and state governments provide financial aid to religious schools? Why, or why not? Support your answer with a discussion of relevant case law.
Answered in 1 hour by:
10/13/2013
M. Kennedy
M. Kennedy, Advanced Degree

I can help you with this. When is it due?

It's due tomorrow but I'd like to get it done today.

I'll do my best to get it to you by late this afternoon.

Alright, no problem.

I am finished except for the last essay. I have to step away from the computer for a short while and then finish it up. I will have it to you in a few hours.

no problem, take your time.

thank you,

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
M. Kennedy
M. Kennedy, Advanced Degree

I will be needing your services more often so you will hear from me soon.

Thank you.

I'll be looking forward to it!

For My "Global Terrorism" Graduate Class Homework.

1.) What are the specific advantages of state-sponsored terrorism? Who are these state sponsored countries? How should the United States deal with these governments? Use at least one Internet source in addition to the text to answer this question. (200 Words)

2.) What are the most common terrorist's qualities? What are the primary motivations driving the terrorists to commit terrorist acts? Why is it difficult to deter this motivation? Use at least one Internet source in addition to the text to answer this question. (200 Words)

When do you need this information?

by saturday, but if can get it sooner that'd be great.

M. Kennedy
M. Kennedy
M. Kennedy, Advanced Degree