Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Today in class I was asked to do the following: Write a class

Today in class I was...
Today in class I was asked to do the following:
Write a class Automaton which implements a basic vending machine. The machine has three things to o er: water, cola, and juice. The prices
are 10, 12, and 15, respectively. The customer selects this by typing W, C, or J re-
spectively. The the customer inserts coins with values 1, 2, 5, 10, or 20, and types
"SELECT" to complete the transaction. Depending on whether the customer paid to
much, exact, or too few, the output of the machine is like in the following example.
W Paid 15 change is 5
J Paid 15 thanks
C Not paid enough . Return 11
DONE
3
This example was generated by the following input:
W
5
10
SELECT
J
10
5
SELECT
C
1
10
SELECT
TERMINATE
The string TERMINATE makes the program write DONE and terminate. If an error occurs,
e.g. an illegal value of a coin or the selected item. The machine writes ERROR and
terminates, e.g., by System.exit(0).
Your program should read from standard input, for example using a scanner.
Answered in 1 minute by:
10/8/2013
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Welcome here.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will help you.
What is the deadline?

Tomorrow, Is that possible?

yes, I will provide you answer ASAP.

Thank you

Welcome

How's it going?

do you have an ETA? :)

Please check back in 5-6 hours.
If you have any file(s). Zip, upload the file to http://wikisend.com and post download link here.

Download answer from here: Automaton.java
Please let me know if anything else is required in this.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like other customers to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-logicpro/
so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.
Remember, if you need anything else, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help.
Thank you for using this site!
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer

Hey thanks for the answer, my teacher also wants me to commentate what is happening i.e explain which commands we use. He wants a little text between 5-10 lines explaining how the program is structures. I hope you can help me with this last thing

please wait.
Download again from here: Automaton.java

Here is an example of what my teacher wants:

Program structure (detailed)
We used a number of static methods to structure the program.
Method main contains the main program control. It basically consists of a while-loop
that performs two steps: Fetching the next number to be factorized and initiating the
factorization. In order to initialize the loop condition, the rst integer is fetched before
the loop. Termination is achieved when a ceratin integer value is supplied (in our case
􀀀1 (actually, any number less than 2)).
1
Method int getNumber() fetches and returns the next integer from the standard input.
We use an instance of Scanner for this purpose. The method uses Scanner-class' look-
ahead capability (hasNextInt) to ensure that the user supplied an integer. If that is not
the case, a warning is issued and the termination value is returned.
Method factorize(int n) receives the number to be factorized as formal parameter. It
then performs the decomposition into prime factors described above. A while-loop is used
which terminates when the value of n drops under 2. The method also prints the factors.
The least factor is provided by method findFactor.
Method int findFactor(int n) receives a number as formal parameter and returns its
least factor. It nds the least factor as described above by checking the remainder of
the division. A while-loop is used which terminates when the remainder is 0 for the rst
time. This is guaranteed to happen, because: n  f = 2 at start, f is increased in each
iteration of the loop, the remainder becomes 0 at latest when f = n.

Thanks

I will review it and reply you ASAP.

Thanks :) one last thing and I will you give you the highest rating!

I can't seem to test the Vending Machine. Could you use some random number lets say we pick w and we have a 20 coin, could you fill out the variable so i can see where to input them ?

thanks alot

Will it be ok if I provide you an output screenshot?

I just need to know where to input the money and the type of drink so if you can provide that in a screen shot yes :)

Here is the output:
Enter W, C or J for Water, Cola or Juice: W
2
5
SELECT

Not paid enough . Balance 3
5
SELECT

Paid 10 change is 2
TERMINATE

Enter W, C or J for Water, Cola or Juice:

Entries in bold are the user input.

Where do I input 2 and 5 ?

After inputing item choice (W, C or J)

so in one line Enter W, C or J for Water, Cola or Juice: W,2,5 ?

No
Run in the same manner, as I provided you sample input/output.

Are you able to execute the program?

No,

t

his is what i did input then

while (true) {

/*PROMPT USER TO INPUT AN ITEM*/
System.out.print("Enter W, C or J for Water, Cola or Juice: w");
2
5
SELECT
Not paid enough . Balance 3
5
SELECT
Paid 10 change is 2
TERMINATE
String item = sc.nextLine();
/*FIND COST OF ITEM*/
int itemCost = 0;
if (item.equalsIgnoreCase("W")) {

Can you provide me output screenshot, how you are executing it?

Program is exactly as per the instructions.

here; http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=dmqo05&s=5#.UlQu5VBmh8E

any chance you can upload a screenshot of how you have done it?

Do not write anything in the code, which I gave you.
You can submit code as it is, It is exactly as per the instructions.

ah thanks I feel so stupid now :)

really good and effective help you gave me thank you.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer