TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

I need assistance creating the program below. Please explain

I need assistance creating the program below. Please explain every step so I can follow and understand.

write a C++ language program that meets the following specifications:

• The program must prompt the user for a double variable called x in the program and determine and print out the value of y using the rules below:
if -3<= x <=2 then y=x2+2x-3
if 2<x<=10 then y=5x+7;
if x10 then y=0;

• Be sure to insert spaces in the output for readability.
• echo your input
• Your program must work correctly with any double input value for x, limit the output of y to three decimal places.
• Your code must be well structured and it must have comments
Hello and thank you for your question. It would be my pleasure to assist you.

I will contact you once this is complete.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is due before Midnight. Do you think it will be done before then?

Hello again Ryan,

Yes. I will have this to you before midnight.
Just checking really quick.

Did you input those calculations into the question correctly?

Here is what you gave me:

if -3<= x <=2 then y=x2+2x-3
if 2<x<=10 then y=5x+7;
if x10 then y=0;

So, int he first one, that's X times 2 plus 2 times x minus 3.
The next one is 5 times x plus 7

I just want to make sure that those are accurate before I send this to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes, I believe so. If not, I won't hold that against you.

Hello again Ryan!

Please download the file here:

DOWNLOAD

Let me know if you have any questions at all. I'm here to help!

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a wonderful day!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What file type is it? I can't open it.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you put it into a word document or text file so I can just cut and paste it into the source file I have prefilled with my header in Visual Basic?

It's a cpp file. As in C++. It is just a plain text file. You can right click and select Open With->Wordpad, or notebad, or any plain text editor.

Why would you copy code from a C++ program, which is what you asked for, and paste it into Visual Basic? Did you mean Visual Studio?
Actually, it looks like I sent you a compiled file.

Hold on one moment. I'm still not sure why you are using Visual Basic, that's a different language.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The assignment is closed.

Hello again Ryan,

I also have taken courses online with a couple different schools. I have actually had the exact same situation. I went to turn in a project about two minutes after the due date and the project closed.

In my experience, if you send the instructor a short message stating that you attempted to turn in the assignment right after midnight and apologize, the instructor will reopen it for you to submit without any penalty. I'm sure your instructor is no different.

In the meantime, can you clarify what IDE you are using? You said Visual Basic. Did you mean Visual Studio? If so, what version? I can get you a project file in Visual Studio if that is what you are using in class.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, I meant Visual Studio. I'm using using Visual Studio 2012 on a partitioned Mac so this course has been a bit of a nightmare.

The Professor recommended-

C++ IDE program Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Express -> Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Express

Win32 Console Application.> Empty project > Add Source = C++ File(.cpp)

I hope it's not an issue that he recommends Visual Studio 2010 Express but I'm using Visual Studio 2012.

Either way - What you sent me worked. I sent it off as an attachment and hopefully he will accept it!

I'm happy to hear that you were able to send it off. I'm sure he will accept it. While I have dealt with some really insane professors, they tend to be reasonable about a few minutes late.

As long as you send the professor the .cpp file, it should be fine. If you send him an entire Visual Studio project (with .sln file and everything) he won't be able to open it unless he is also has 2012.

Thank you again.