Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

"For Bizhelp" Friday 6:30 PM EST

1. The ratio level of...

1. The ratio level of measurement would include which of the following?

a. political affiliation

b. amount of books owned

c. order of finishing test

d. GRE score

2. Which level of measurement conveys the most information?

a. nominal

b. ordinal

c. interval

d. ratio

3. Which of the following is NOT an example of reliability?

a. consistency

b. performing the same in the future as in the past

c. the test doing what it is supposed to do

d. measuring the same thing more than once with the same outcome

4. A score that you would actually record is a(n) ______________ score.

a. observed

b. true

c. error

d. false

5. What are the two components of error scores?

a. method error and consistent error

b. standard error and method error

c. trait error and standard error

d. trait error and method error

6. A measure of how stable a test is over time is an example of which of the following?

a. inter-rater reliability

b. test-retest reliability

c. parallel forms reliability

d. internal consistency

7. _____________ describes a measure used to compare two different tests with the same group of participants to see how closely correlated the two sets of scores are with each other.

a. Inter-rater reliability

b. Test-retest reliability

c. Parallel-forms reliability

d. Internal consistency

8. What is the name of the individual credited with devising levels of measurement in which

different measurement outcomes can be classified?

a. Binet

b. Stevens

c. Cattell

d. Wechsler

9. What is one way to obtain a criterion validity estimate?

a. ask an expert for his or her opinion

b. assess the underlying construct on which the test is based and correlate these

scores with the test scores

c. select a criterion and correlate scores on the test with scores on the criterion

d. obtain a Pearson Product Moment correlation coefficient for two different forms of the

test given at different times

10. Intelligence tests usually compare the performance of a child against other children of the

same age. This type of test is called a(n) ______________ test.

a. achievement

b. standardized

c. norm-referenced

d. criterion-referenced

11. Tests such as the Denver Developmental Screening Test are used _______________.

a. as dependent variables

b. for entrance to a program to identify strengths and weaknesses

c. to distinguish among people for selection purposes

d. to determine if program goals were met

12. What type of test defines a specific level of performance (or mastery) of some content

domain?

a. standardized test

b. researcher-made test

c. norm-referenced test

d. criterion-referenced test

13. The Graduate Record Examination and the Miller’s Analogy Test are generally used for

_______________.

a. placement

b. selection

c. evaluation of a program

d. diagnosis

14. What is the computed number for the proportion of test takers who get an item correct?

a. item analysis

b. discrimination index

c. difficulty index

d. attitude index

15. What is the computed number for how well an item distinguishes between the “knowing”

and the “unknowing”?

a. item analysis

b. discrimination index

c. difficulty index

d. attitude index

16. Which one of the following is a disadvantage of multiple choice tests?

a. can be used to assess almost anyone

b. limits the kind of content assessed

c. are relatively easy to score

d. poor writers are not penalized

17. Which level of measurement is very similar to Thurstone-like scales?

a. ordinal

b. nominal

c. interval

d. ratio

18. What is the range of 5, 8, 10, 14, and 11?

a. 48

b. 9.6

c. 10

d. 9

19. What is the average amount that each score varies from the mean of the set of scores?

a. the range

b. the standard deviation

c. the mean

d. the normal curve

20. How can descriptive statistics be defined?

a. describing elements of a distribution

b. relating the data to a larger population

c. developing a research question

d. identical to inferential statistics

21. Which measure of variability is the most direct way to measure how dispersed a set of scores

is?

a. the mean

b. standard deviation

c. range

d. variance

22. When computing the standard deviation, what does it mean when the sum of the deviation

about the mean is NOT 0?

a. The data set has a great amount of variability.

b. The data set has at least one extreme score.

c. The data is too small.

d. The mean of the data set was computed incorrectly.

23. Which measure of variability describes the average deviation of each score from the mean?

a. range

b. standard deviation

c. mode

d. mean

24. What measure would be used to compute the average gender of subjects?

a. mean

b. mode

c. median

d. standard deviation

25. Which measure would be used to describe the average class ranking of algebra students?

a. mean

b. mode

c. median

d. standard deviation

Text: Exploring Research

8th Edition, 2012

ISBN-10: 0-205-09381-7

Neil J. Salkind

Pearson Prentice Hall

9/25/2013
Angela--Mod
Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know, otherwise, no need to reply. Thank you for your patience.
Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA

Thanks for requesting me.

I am working on these and will answer by the deadline.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Bizhelp
Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA