Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

16. Which of the following is not a key ingredient to design

an effective team appraisal system? a...
16. Which of the following is not a key ingredient to design an effective team appraisal system?

a. Measure individual performance, not team performance.
b. Measure both team and individual performance.
c. Tie team results to organizational goals.
d. Begin with the team’s customers and its work process to satisfy customers’ needs.

17. Performance-based rewards are considered to be:

a. incentive systems
b. piecework pay plans
c. both a and b
d. only a

21. During a job analysis, which of these tasks are performed?

a. Promotion patterns and succession plans are identified.
b. An estimation of the labor supply is verified.
c. Duties and responsibilities of a job are matched with pay grades.
d. Skills, knowledge and abilities necessary to perform a job are determined.

26. Cultural sensitivity is most often taught to employees before overseas assignments through which of these techniques?

a. Lectures, movies.
b. Video recordings and embassy tours.
c. Interactive simulations and lectures.
d. Role playing, simulations, and meeting former international assignees.

27. External HRM influences are categorized into the general areas of……

a. dynamic environment
b. labor unions
c. governmental legislation
d. all of the above

28. Which of the following is not true regarding employee training?

a. It focuses on future jobs in the organization.
b. It is present-day oriented.
c. It focuses on individuals’ current jobs.
d. It is a learning experience.

29. Charles, director of training for a large organization, is looking at the completion rates for the annual clerical training program that is required for promotion to advanced clerical worker. The information presented shows figures for these groups of employees: Caucasian; Hispanic; African American; Asian; Other. What kind of HR report is Charles studying?

a. ADA audit.
b. EEO audit.
c. Indoctrination analysis.
d. Culture/language readiness.

30. The selection process may include all of the following steps, except:

a. background investigation.
b. screening interview.
c. application form.
d. medical history evaluation.

31. The invisible barrier that blocks females and minorities from ascending into the upper levels of an organization.

a. glass shielding
b. glass ceiling
c. minority overhead
d. glass discrimination

32. Successful recruiting efforts are indicated by all of these outcomes, except:

a. turnover increases.
b. training costs go down.
c. more job seekers know about available jobs.
d. the applicant pool is increasingly diverse.

33. Who should make the actual hiring decision?

a. The HR manager
b. The general manager
c. The manager in the department where the vacancy exists.
d. The recruiter

34. Meeting with a group of employees to collectively determine what their job entails.

a. job evaluation method
b. group interview method
c. analysis evaluation
d. group evaluation

35. The varied personal characteristics that make the workforce heterogeneous.

a. workforce diversity
b. rightsizing
c. globalization
d. contingent workforce

36. As the assistant of the HR manager, you are updating and rewriting the employee handbook. Which of the following is not a key ingredient of an effective employee handbook?

a. The employee handbook should be pertinent to employees’ needs.
b. The employee handbook should provide quick and easy answers to questions about benefits and employment policies.
c. The employee handbook should set the parameters within which employees are expected to perform.
d. The employee handbook should make clear to employees that their job is secure as long as they meet performance standards.

37. Maizie, a charge nurse in a large hospital, is frustrated with a phone call. She is thumbing through Joe’s file, looking for a patient consent signature before she can answer questions from Joe’s secretary, “How is Joe?” What health issue is relevant to Maizie’s predicament?

a. Traditional.
b. HMO.
c. PPO.
d. HIPAA.

38. Process of discovering potential candidates for actual or anticipated organizational vacancies.

a. recruiting
b. staffing
c. internal search
d. employee referral

39. Which of the following is not a step in a job analysis process?

a. Understand the purpose of the job analysis
b. Understand the roles of the jobs in the organization.
c. Benchmark positions
d. Determine the pay level of jobs

40. Which of the following is the arm of the federal government empowered to handle discrimination in employment cases?

a. Fair Employment Commission
b. Fair Labor Standards Commission
c. Equal Employment Opportunity Act
d. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
9/23/2013
Ellen, Lawyer

Thank you for your question

I am working on your answer. One moment please.

Ok thanks so much...very much appreciated

Thank you Matt. It should take me about 20 min.

Best regards,
FiveStarLaw

That would be amazing!!! Thanks again

10 more minutes please

No problem

Hi Matt,

Thank you for your patience.

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/xeh2hhszbd4yxcz/matt_hrm.docx

If I can I can assist you in the future, you may directly route your question to me by using this link:
http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-fivestarlaw/

It has been my pleasure to work with you. I look forward to working with you again in the future

FiveStarLaw

Thanks so much for your timely response...The answers were great

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ellen, Lawyer
Ellen, Lawyer