Chelsea
Chelsea, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  5 years of experience in tutoring
44576366

Help with Photography please: Here are the questions....Time

Help with Photography please: Here are the questions....
Time to deliver 09/21/13. Thank you!1. It is an overcast day and you are photographing a friend. How does the light on this day affect the shadows in the photograph?

2. Define and describe “Depth of Field”?

3. Define and describe “Aperture”.

4. Define and describe “Shutter Speed”.

5. Define and describe “White Balance”.

6. If you change the f stop on your camera one full stop to a higher number from f 5.6 to f 8, what change in the percentage of light striking the light sensor or film has occurred?

7. If you change your shutter speed one full stop to a faster shutter speed from 1/125sec. to 1/250sec., what change in the percentage of light striking the light sensor or film has occurred?

8. If you change your ISO from 200 to 800 how many full stops have you changed your ISO?

9. If on automatic you have a correct exposure for a given photograph with your ISO set at 200, your aperture set at f 5.6 and your shutter speed is set for 1/125sec., and then you set your camera on manual and change your ISO to 800 and you keep your aperture at f 5.6, what must you set your shutter speed to for the same exposure in terms of the amount of light reaching your sensor as you had on the automatic setting?

10. If on automatic you have a correct exposure for a given photograph with your ISO set at 200, your aperture set at f 5.6 and your shutter speed is set for 1/125sec., and then you set your camera on manual and you change your ISO to 800 and you keep your shutter speed at 1/125sec, what must you set your aperture to for the same exposure in terms of the amount of light reaching your sensor as you had on automatic?

11. What are the three subtractive colors, in addition to black, used in printing a digital photograph with an ink jet printer?

12. What are the three additive colors your digital camera records to create the visible spectrum?

13. Give an example of a “Universal Lossless File”.

14. If you are photographing a person with 35mm to 105mm zoom lens will you have more or less depth of field if you change your lens from 35mm to 105mm?

15. With a 55mm fixed lens that has an aperture range of f 2.8 to f 16, will you have more or less depth of field at f 16 than you would have at f 2.8?

16. With a 55mm fixed lens that has an aperture range of f 2.8 to f 16 you take a picture with your camera set on automatic and you get a correct exposure with settings of f 5.6 @ 1/125sec, what f stop and shutter speed can you select on manual that will give you the same exposure in terms of the amount of light reaching the sensor and will decrease your depth of field.

17. With a 55mm fixed lens that has an aperture range of f 2.8 to f 16 you take a picture with your camera set on automatic and you get a correct exposure with settings of f 5.6 @ 1/125sec, what f stop and shutter speed can you select on manual that will give you the same exposure in terms of the amount of light reaching the sensor and will increase your depth of field.

18. You are photographing a soccer game. It is overcast. Your ISO is set to 200. Your 400mm telephoto lens has an aperture range of f 4 to f 16. Your light meter calls for a setting of f 4 at 1/125sec. You want to increase your shutter speed to 1/500sec. How do you set your camera to do this and maintain a proper exposure? List your aperture, shutter speed and ISO.

19. What is the difference between an incident and a reflected light meter?

20. What impact did Timothy H. O’Sullivan’s photograph “harvest of Death” have on the American public when it was exhibited during the American Civil War?

I'm Josie and I'm a moderator for this topic.

We have been working with our professionals to try to help you with your question. Sometimes it may take a bit of time to find the right fit.

I was checking to see if you had already found your answer or if you still need assistance from one of our professionals.

Please let me know if you wish to continue waiting or if you would like for us to close your question?

Also remember that JustAnswer has a multitude of categories to help you with all your needs from Pet to Legal.

Thank you,

Josie~Moderator

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Please continue with the assigment, thank you!!
Hello

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX continue to look for a professional to assist you. Please let me know if I can be of any further assistance while you wait.

Best,
Josie~Moderator
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help you with these questions! I just have two quick questions of my own so that I can serve you best:
Can you tell me what level of course this is for (for example, introductory college photography) so I know how technical the answers need to be?
You said this assignment is due on 9/21 so would having it to you by 5pm on Thursday (9/19) give you sufficient time to review the answers and make sure they are to your satisfaction?

I look forward to working with you! Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you Chelsea! Yes is a introductory level of photography. I am learning the basics of photography. Thanks again!!
Thursday sounds good!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Chelsea, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: 5 years of experience in tutoring
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

BIG THANK YOU TO YOU!

It was my pleasure! If you ever need help again, you can request me by either selecting me and sending me a request or just typing in "For Chelsea" at the start of your question. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Chelsea, what you think about this homework??

The portfolio will be three photographs that share a narrative theme and technical characteristics. The idea is for the project to be a suite of photographs that could be printed, framed and exhibited. This will prepare students for entering group exhibitions a step towards one person shows.

Are you asking me to provide you with three photographs for this assignment? If so, can you give me a bit more information about what you're needing?