For the FIRST set, here is the repost of answers:
Match the statements with either true or false:
The components interact with one another causing changes to the components as
well as the system as a whole. (A)
There is only one type of system. (B)
To be considered a system it must be a large region of the Earth. (B)
The exchanges between the components are driven by an energy source. (A)
It has a set of functioning components that operate both independently and
5. Match the example with the components involved in the interaction:
A. Volcanic eruptions can affect air quality/composition which affects living
species. --> Changes in the biosphere as a result of the geosphere.
B. Sufficient atmospheric cooling may lead to growth of glaciers.--> Changes in the hydrosphere as a result of the atmosphere.
C. Volcanoes emits gases and particles that may cause global cooling --> Changes in the atmosphere as a result of the geosphere.
6. Place the following terms into the correct sphere.
A. Glaciers - Hydrosphere
B. Mixture of gases including oxygen, nitrogen, and argon - Atmosphere
C. Core - Geosphere (or lithosphere)
D. Plants - Biosphere
7. C The amount of water in the oceans would not change
Ok, here are the answers for the SECOND set:
3. B - Neutron [Neutron - Neutral charge]
A - - Proton [ Proton - positive charge]
C - Electron [ Electron - negative charge]
4. B - Neutron [ B. When an atom loses or gains neutron , the mass number changes]
A - Proton [ A. Equal to the atomic number]
C - Electron [C. When an atom loses or gains electron, atomic charge changes]
5. A. Covalent Bond [sharing of electrons]
6. C. Metallic bond [ electrons float free between all the atoms in the bond]
7. B. Ionic bond [two or more atoms exchange electrons]
8. Fe - Iron
9. Cr - Chromium
Thanks and good luck!