Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

"For Steve Herrod only" I would like to make an appointment

"For Steve Herrod only" I would...
"For Steve Herrod only"

I would like to make an appointment to see you.
8/24/2013
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree

Steve Herrod :

Hi, am online tomorrow from 2PM EST

Customer:

what about 4pm EST?

Steve Herrod :

yep, that works

Customer:

Is your internet working okay?

Steve Herrod :

yes - seems to be back to normal now

Customer:

What time do you get off today?

Steve Herrod :

just about to as in dire need of sleep, been on site most of week and today

Customer:

okay, I am looking forward to see you tomorrow around 4pm EST and have a good night sleep. Thanks for the help.

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer:

Sorry, I am late. I had some problem with connecting to the internet.

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer:

These are similar format to the once you have done before.

Steve Herrod :

ok

Customer:

I will start with the essays first.

Steve Herrod :

cool

Customer:

1. (TCO 1) What is the difference between an analog and digital signal? Provide an example of each signal type. (Points : 20)

2. (TCO 2) Explain the advantages and the disadvantages of 2.4 GHz versus 5 GHz. (Points : 20)

3. (TCO 3) How does an antenna work? (Points : 20)

4. (TCO 4) List at least three advantages of standards for wireless technology. (Points : 20)

5. (TCO 5) Describe the IEEE 802.11b standard. (Points : 20)

Customer:

1. (TCO 6) Describe a geosynchronous earth orbit. (Points : 20)

2. (TCO 7) When should an 802.11a network be installed instead of an 802.11g network? (Points : 20)

3. (TCO 8) What is a dictionary attack? (Points : 20)

4. (TCO 10) What is the difference between radio frequency identification (RFID) and a barcode? (Points : 20)

5. (TCO 9) How would you solve a near/far transmission problem? (Points : 20)

Steve Herrod :

Got them

Customer:

I will add more money for this one.

Steve Herrod :

no worries

Customer:

Thanks! I will enter put the multiple choice on the board once you finish these once.

Steve Herrod :

cool

Steve Herrod :

Here you go

Customer:

thanks! I will post the multiple choice questions now.

Steve Herrod :

great

Customer:

1. (TCO 1) Two adjacent access points that use the same _____ can cause interference and lost frames. (Points : 5)

station channel hotspot ESS

2. (TCO 1) When an RF signal moves from one medium to another of a different density, the signal actually bends instead of traveling in a straight line. This is known as _____. (Points : 5)

reflection absorption refraction scattering

3. (TCO 2) Which exists in a plane parallel to the antenna? (Points : 5)

The electric field The magnetic field Both the electric and magnetic fields The linear portion of the amplifier

4. (TCO 3) A loss of 10 decibels means that _____% of the power has been lost in mW. (Points : 5)

10 30 90 100

5. (TCO 4) Which is true concerning standards-based solutions? (Points : 5)

They are voluntary. They are required. They are proprietary. They are to be avoided.

6. (TCO 5) In an infrastructure network, the beacon interval is normally set to _____ ms, although it can be modified. (Points : 5)

1 10 100 1,000

7. (TCO 6) A _____ satellite remains fixed over a given location on the earth and seems to hang motionless in space. (Points : 5)

low earth orbiting medium earth orbiting high earth orbiting geosynchronous earth orbiting

8. (TCO 7) Which type of AP antenna is most commonly used in a site survey? (Points : 5)

Omnidirectional Semidirectional Highly directional Parabolic

9. (TCO 8) _____ was designed to address WEP vulnerabilities with a minimum of inconvenience. (Points : 5)

IEEE 802.11i TGi Dynamic WEP WPA

10. (TCO 8) MAC address filtering is vulnerable because there are programs available that allow users to _____ a MAC address. (Points : 5)

spoof break modify disable
Customer:

1. (TCO 9) Which is a disadvantage of thin access points? (Points : 5)

It has complicated network management. Hand-off time is increased. It is very expensive. All thin access points and switches are proprietary.

2. (TCO 10) Which is an application of RFID technology? (Points : 5)

Cards with embedded RFID chips are widely used as electronic cash in casinos. Major retailers are requiring that cases and pallets of merchandise shipped to their warehouses from large vendors have an RFID tag affixed. Beginning in 2005, U.S. passports will have an RFID tag embedded in the document. All of the above

3. (TCO 6) With _____ broadband, also known as WiMax, the signal is transmitted between the antennas of the buildings at speeds up to 75 Mbps and at distances up to 53 kilometers (35 miles). (Points : 5)

fixed bridges point-to-multipoint mesh

4. (TCO 7) _____ is a standard measure of the profitability of a project. (Points : 5)

Ceiling ROI Bandwidth Hotspots

5. (TCO 8) In WPA, _____ encryption replaces WEP's small 40-bit encryption key that must be manually entered on wireless APs and devices and does not change. (Points : 5)

brute force temporal key integrity protocol (TKIP) social probe request

6. (TCO 9) A _____ is the tool used to visually see a radio frequency signal. (Points : 5)

fragmentation agent spectrum analyzer None of the above

7. (TCO 1) A _____ transmission means that a frame is sent from one sender to multiple receivers with a single transmit operation. (Points : 5)

decibels noise level multicast None of the above

8. (TCO 8) Which is the default authentication method according to the 802.11 standard? (Points : 5)

Basic Open system Shared key Private key

9. (TCO 5) How does an access point receive electrical power if it is mounted in a location that is not close to an electrical outlet? (Points : 5)

Through radio waves Through PoE Through a USB cable It must be mounted near an outlet.

10. (TCO 1) How does OFDM work? (Points : 5)

Signals are broken up and the parts are sent in parallel. The same signal is sent on multiple channels. One signal is sent twice on the same channel. A signal is sent over a wired network at the same time as the wireless network.

Customer:

Let me that you got it.

Steve Herrod :

Got it

Steve Herrod :

20 questions

Customer:

yes

Steve Herrod :

ok

Steve Herrod :

Here are the answers

Customer:

Thanks!

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer:

I have another one, but I know you don't have time for it today. When is a good time for you?

Steve Herrod :

same time tomorrow?

Customer:

make it to 5pm EST. I should be out of work by then.

Steve Herrod :

yep, that is fine for me

Customer:

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX then.

Steve Herrod :

cool

Customer:

I will go ahead and finish the rest of the process. I know you are about to leave anyway.

Steve Herrod :

thanks!

Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree