Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

LOGICPRO ONLY -

LOGICPRO ONLY - I have...

LOGICPRO ONLY - I have the CSV file (an example), also in the hyperlink, This was a solution you addressed a year ago, with the exception that the PIG latin is not required. Language is C# (sharp).

Step 1: Given a file of data, read the data and parse it based on a fixed given field headers. To download the file, select the following link: Unit 4 Sample Data. We do not have to do the PIG latin in this assignment.

The file is a comma delimited file with the following record structure:

• FirstName – Character – Size (12)
  • LastName – Character – Size (16)
  • Company – Character – Size (32)
  • Address – Character – Size (32)
  • City – Character – Size (24)
  • County – Character – Size (24)
  • State – Character – Size (2)
  • ZIP – Number – Size (5)
  • Phone – Character – Size (12)
  • Fax – Character – Size (12)
  • Email – Character – Size (32)
  • Web – Character – Size (42)

Step 2: Write a complete C# XXXXX in console mode to load the data file as a sequential file using C# XXXXX library into an ArrayList data structure (using the System.Collection library) Store each line in the file as a separate record.

Step 3: After the file is loaded into the ArrayList, sort the data in ascending order based on the LastName field and Display the following fields:

• First name
  • Last name
  • Company

Step 4: Next, sort the data in descending order based on the ZIP field, and display the following fields:

• First name
  • Last name
  • Company
  • ZIP

Step 5: Display all the records (and all its fields) for everyone that is in the state "NY."

Step 6: Submit the source code for the solution and the output screenshots for the following list. You can use any appropriate algorithm in the solution.

1. Sorted data based on last name
  2. Sorted data based on ZIP
  3. Everyone in the state of NY
8/19/2013
Angela--Mod
Hello, I am a moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know, otherwise, no need to reply. Thank you for your patience.

Angela,

Thank you so very much. Do you anticipate the requested professional to be online tonight?

here is what I currently have, but errors,,,,

Attachment: 2013-08-20_000636_unit4ip.docx

Attachment: 2013-08-20_000735_unit4ip.docx

Not sure how to attach... here it is pasted:

using System;

using System.IO;

using System.Collections;

using System.Collections.Generic;

using System.Linq;

using System.Text;

namespace ConsoleApplication24

{

class dataItem

{

// this class will hold the data from one string in the file

string FirstName;

string LastName;

// etc.

}

class Program

{

static void Main(string[] args)

{

// create a place to store our data

ArrayList data = new ArrayList();

// open and read a text file

StreamReader sr = new StreamReader("Unit4IP");

try

{

using (StreamReader sr = new StreamReader("Unit4IP"))

{

// need a string to hold the fields and a string variable for each line of text.

String line;

string[] fields;

while ((line = sr.ReadLine()) != null);

}

fields = line.Split(new Char [] {','});

Console.WriteLine(fields[0]);

Console.WriteLine(fields[1]);

// from here you can create a data to store your fields in it

// then insert the object into your data ArrayList.

// after that, you can do the sorting and output after this loop is done reading

}

}

}

catch (Exception e)

{

Console.WriteLine("The file could not be read:");

Console.WriteLine(e.Message);

// Store text file contents in an appropriate data structure

// Sort data

// Output data

// put this at the end to keep the console window from disappearing

Console.WriteLine("Press enter to continue..");

Console.ReadLine();

}

}

LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Welcome back
I will review and reply ASAP
Thanks LogicPro!
Welcome :)
Download answer from here DataProject.zip

Unzip the zip file to a folder.
Look for .sln file in the unzipped folder.
Double click this .sln file to open it in Visual Studio.
Press F5 to run the project.

You can ask me again using "For LogicPro only" at the start of your questions like you did to get instant answers.
It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:
http://www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-logicpro/
so you can come back and ask me a question anytime.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and rate my answer as excellent. I can address follow up questions on original requirements at no extra charge and I’m always here to help.
Thank you for using JustAnswer!

please send to link for solution to [email protected], as I cant get my [email protected] account to log back in and its my alternate email address.

I'm appreciative of the turn around time, and will rate you the highest rating once I d/l and run the file.

Also, for step 6 of my project, was that completed? The algorithm piece?

Thanks again - you are awesome!

Apologies, We can not see email addresses here as system masks them and not allowed to send mails.

You can download from here only.
I didn't write algorithm. I can do that if you need.

Yes please, I require the algorithm. Not a problem about alt email address, while you do that I will work to get my email address corrected for log in.

Thanks LogicPro!

ok. I will provide algorithm ASAP

Thank you!

Welcome

Code is perfect, I did adjust the comment for step three to exclude the wording for "pig latin", but no worries. Just require the step 6 algorithm and we are set to complete.

Thanks for the team work LogicPro!

Let me know if you require until tomorrow, as that is fine.

ok. I will provide the answer ASAP :)
Sounds perfect, thanks!
Download:

http://www.wikisend.com/download/221582/AlgoDataProject.docx

It will ensure that question is for me.
Please bookmark my profile page:

Thank you for using JustAnswer!
LogicPro, URL is not hyperlinked...can u correct?
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
LogicPro
LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer