Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Assignment 3: Cost and Quality Due Week 7 and worth 75 points This

Assignment 3: Cost and Quality Due...
Assignment 3: Cost and Quality

Due Week 7 and worth 75 points

This assignment is a continuation and enhancement of Assignment 2.

Create a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), and assign resources and cost by using a project management tool. As the IT project manager, you have been assigned a project to deploy ten (10) wireless access points in your company’s warehouse and break room within the next ninety (90) days. You are free to make assumptions that satisfy the scope of the project such as training, wiring, consulting efforts, etc.

Your submission will be made in .mpp format and will be graded on the accuracy of your work package assumptions and duration estimates.

In your assignment, address the following:

1.Create 15 or more decomposed work packages into 4 levels that are assigned to 5 or more main tasks (75 line items).
2.Ensure the main WBS tasks headings are the 5 PMBOK® process areas.
3.Create a Work Breakdown Structure Code for each task.
4.Determine an overall project duration and duration estimates for each of the tasks. The duration is not to exceed 90 days.
5.Create accurate work package assumptions and duration estimates.
6.Include 7 resources assigned in the Resource Sheet as “Work” types and 3 resources assigned as “ Material” types.
7.Ensure the Resources are paid no more than $30/hour and that the “Material” cost per use will not exceed $50.
8.Include your resources and materials from the Resource Sheet in the task sheet.
9.Create 10 dependencies in the Task Sheet.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:

•Microsoft Project or its open source alternative in .mpp format.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:

•Describe the knowledge and processes areas of project management in accordance to the Project Management Institute Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK®) Guide.
•Evaluate the different cost management factors in an IT project management context.
•Use technology and information resources to research issues in IT project management.
•Write clearly and concisely about issues in IT project management using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
Grading for this assignment will be based on answer quality, logic / organization of the paper, and language and writing skills, using the following rubric.
8/19/2013
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I will be happy to help with this

Steve Herrod :

Can you let me know when you need it by?

Steve Herrod :

And do you have the previous assignments?

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Steve Herrod :

This is a file I've created previously for this assignment

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer:

Sorry I'm getting back to you so late but I do have an assignment from earlier for this how can I send them to you ?

Customer:

Looks great thanks I needed it by yesterday but today is just as good. I need to know how to send you the previous assignment .

Steve Herrod :

If you go to wikisend.com and choose upload you can attach the files

Steve Herrod :

And you will get a download link I can use to view the files

Customer:

ok I'm going to do that now

Steve Herrod :

ok

Customer:

http://wikisend.com/download/308210/Wireless Access Points Project.mpp

Steve Herrod :

thanks, XXXXX XXXXX

Customer:

ok I'm uploading the WBS as well

Customer:

http://wikisend.com/download/405718/Wireless Access Points Summary_(WBS).docx

Steve Herrod :

From looking at the project file you already seem to have met all but one requirement

Steve Herrod :

The Work packages are done and the are the PMBOK porcess areas

Steve Herrod :

each task has a WBS code

Steve Herrod :

project duration does not exceed 90 days

Steve Herrod :

You just need to add one more labour resource

Steve Herrod :

and one more material resource

Steve Herrod :

as you also have the dependencies in place

Customer:

Ok well I guess I have all that I need from you then

Steve Herrod :

based on previous assignments I've seen yours is looking great

Customer:

Thanks again and I will be looking forward to working with you in the near future

Steve Herrod :

no problem

Customer:

Thanks again enjoy the rest of your day

Steve Herrod :

cheers XXXXX XXXXX too

Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree