Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

This is an individual project where you will engage the many

components of planning the implementation...
This is an individual project where you will engage the many components of planning the implementation of Windows Server 2008 Active Directory. With increased use of computer technology, many medical practices, clinics and doctor’s offices are moving away from their paper-based recording system for their patients to a new Electronic Medical Records (EMR) system. In this project, a group of 4 medical offices are merging together into a single entity.

The EMR application has already been purchased by the new company, and requires Active Directory to function. In addition to the EMR system, many insurance companies require submission of claim forms electronically instead of paper forms. Additionally, many pharmacies they use now accept electronic prescriptions via the Internet. The net effect in this scenario is that several small practices are grouping together and are moving to an entirely electronic system.

The name of the new entity will be called ECPI EMR. Each of the remote offices has about 30 tablet computers that will be used for the EMR system via a browser interface, and 30 desktops running Windows 7 for general office work, thus central file storage on the domain is required. ECPI EMR would like to provide web pages on the Internet and they would also like internal email.

The 4 offices are:

Maplewood Family Practice
Advance Urgent Care Clinic
Salem Pediatricians
Westgate Oncology
Each office has these departments:

Providers [all the physicians, physician assistants, nurses, etc]
Accounting [processes payments, receipts, payroll, etc]
Nursing [handles submission of prescriptions to pharmacies]
Insurance [works with insurance companies]
A central office will house the IT infrastructure to support the new company. One Windows Server 2008 Enterprise Edition server is located in each of the remote offices at this time. Additional servers can be purchased if justified. A T1 line is already in place between the remote offices and the central office. Digital certificates are needed for authentication purposes for these devices.

Your task is to design the Active Directory structure for the new organization.

In this project, you will:

Design AD logical and physical design
Design the GPO structure of the organization
Design the DNS infrastructure to support Active Directory
Identify the location of the FSMO roles
Identify the DC locations
Identify the bridgehead servers (if any are used)
Design the software / operating system deployment plan for the organization
Design the CA for the organization
Develop a Disaster recovery plan to include data and Active directory
Identify additional servers / equipment needed
Generate a time line to implement the entire solution
8/2/2013
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I will be happy to help with this - shall I send through the previous example?

Steve Herrod :

Let me know

Steve Herrod :

Cheers

Steve Herrod :

Steve

Customer: Yes I will take the same examples, I appreciate it
Customer: Did u assist with the whole project
Steve Herrod :

You are welcome

Steve Herrod :

I think I did assist with whole project in the end

Customer: Ok that would be Great! So a replication would be ok.. Easy money!!!
Steve Herrod :

So let me know whatever is needed

Steve Herrod :

and if you're happy with the service you can rate when ready

Customer: Ok I'm not sure how this works but, Is it possible to send all the examples, ill grab them an we can be done..
Customer: The last student gave u a great rate so I have no problem doing the same.
Steve Herrod :

thanks - will dig out all the work I did on this and send through shortly

Customer: Great.
Steve Herrod :

This looks like it

Customer: Soon As I get off work ill take a look at grab it an give your. Excellent rating.
Steve Herrod :

Thanks!

Customer:

It all looks great I just hope theres no visio diagrams for project 4 & 5

Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree

I cannot acces U3 visio files pls help..

What happens when you try to load them, is there an error?

Cheers

Steve

yes there is a file extension error. I have visio versions 2007 & 10.

OK, I will check them when back in front of my laptop later today.

Cheers

Steve
I've checked the Visio files and they load up in Visio 2007 ok here. I've reattached them at this link and also converted them to PDF as well.

https://app.box.com/s/cysnl21arqp4lpujidqk

Cheers

Steve
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree