Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS ON WOUND CARE & MANAGEMENT 1. Which

THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS ON...
THESE ARE MY QUESTIONS ON WOUND CARE & MANAGEMENT

1. Which of the following is a way to help prevent an animal from licking or chewing its bandage?
A. Secure the bandage with adhesive tape stirrups.
B. Place an Elizabethan collar on the animal.
C. Place a plastic bag around the bandaged area.
D. Bathe the animal every other day.
2. A dog in your care has a bandaged leg. Which of the following is an appropriate action when caring for
the animal's bandage?
A. Place a sturdy plastic bag over the bandage and leave it there at all times.
B. Bathe the animal every other day.
C. Check for a bad odor or wetness that might indicate infection.
D. Dip the bandage in a basin filled with water twice a day to keep it clean.
3. The first step when applying a bandage to an animal's leg is to
A. apply cotton padding to the leg.
B. wrap the leg in gauze.
C. place adhesive stirrups on the foot.
D. wrap the leg in Elastikon.
4. How might a veterinarian help prevent a dog from wagging a bandage off its tail?
A. Use gauze instead of tape to wrap the bandage.
B. Apply a bitter solution to the skin of the tail.
C. Apply the final tape layer directly to the skin of the tail.
D. Put an Elizabethan collar on the dog.
5. Which cell type is the predominant initial cell type during the inflammatory phase of wound healing?
A. Chalone
B. Macrophage
C. Polymorphonuclear leukocyte
D. Monocyte
6. The wound healing phase in which scar tissue is formed is called the _______ phase.
A. debridement
B. maturation
C. repair
D. inflammatory
7. Which one of the following conditions would be treated by lancing?
A. Granulation tissue
B. An abscess
C. An abrasion
D. Fibroplasia
8. An injured dog is brought into the veterinary hospital where you work. You're observing the veterinarian
trying to remove a small piece of dead tissue by lavage. How would the veterinarian remove the dead tissue
in the event the lavage doesn't work?
A. By grasping the piece of tissue with forceps and removing it
B. By vigorously rubbing the wound with a dry gauze sponge
C. By placing a drain in the wound
D. By using a hair dryer to blow it off
9. The wound healing phase in which blood clotting and transport of proteins and enzymes occurs is called
the _______ phase.
A. inflammatory
B. debridement
C. repair
D. maturation
10. A dog has a fractured elbow that's surgically repaired. Which bandage should be applied to limit the
dog's use of that leg?
A. A carpal flexion sling
B. An Ehmer sling
C. The hobble
D. An abdominal bandage
11. Which of the following is the least traumatic method for cleaning a wound?
A. Wet to dry bandages
B. Suturing
C. Debridement
D. Lavage
12. Which of the following is an example of a closed wound?
A. An abrasion
B. An avulsion
C. A laceration
D. A contusion
13. Which of the following lists the correct order in which the phases of wound healing occur?
A. Inflammatory phase, repair phase, debridement phase, maturation phase
B. Repair phase, inflammatory phase, debridement phase, maturation phase
C. Inflammatory phase, debridement phase, repair phase, maturation phase
D. Debridement phase, inflammatory phase, repair phase, maturation phase
14. The process where fibroblasts stop moving when they touch another fibroblast is known as
A. mitosis.
B. contact inhibition.
C. contact guidance.
D. epithelialization.
15. An animal in the veterinary hospital where you work has recently been treated for a dislocated scapula.
What type of sling should the veterinarian use to keep the animal's weight off its injured front leg?
A. Ehmer
B. Carpal flexion
C. Hobble
D. Velpeau
16. You're observing a veterinarian performing lavage on an injured animal. Which of the following
solutions should the veterinarian avoid because it can damage internal tissues?
A. Chlorhexidine
B. Saline
C. Hydrogen peroxide
D. Povidone-iodine
17. A padded bandage that uses a rigid piece of plastic to support a limb below the elbow is a
A. Mason-meta splint.
B. XXXXX XXXXX bandage.
C. Velpeau sling.
D. cast.
18. Which of the following correctly describes the purpose of the XXXXX XXXXX bandage?
A. Protects the eye after ophthalmic surgery
B. Prevents abduction of the leg
C. Keeps the hip internally rotated
D. Temporarily stabilizes a broken leg
19. In which of the following phases of wound healing do fibroplasia and epithelialization occur?
A. Debridement phase
B. Repair phase
End of exam
C. Maturation phase
D. Inflammatory phase
20. Which layer of a bandage pads the wound and absorbs wound fluids?
A. Secondary layer
B. Tertiary layer
C. Contact layer
D. Primary layer
7/20/2013
Cher
Cher, Teacher
Hi again, Nikki and welcome back to Just Answer!

I can help you with these questions.

By when do you need them completed?

Thanks,
Cher

HI CHER

I WAS HOPING U WERE THERE I FORGOT TO PUT FOR CHER ONLY.ACTUALLY I HAVE 3 EXAMS TO FINISH BEFOR FRIDAY AND I WOULD LIKE YOUR HELP SO THE SOONER WE GET STARTED WOULD BE GREATLY APPRCIATED

Hi again, Nikki and thanks for your reply.

Yes, I was wondering why you didn't request me! : )

Yes, I can help you with the 3 exams. Is this one included in the 3?

Do you know the exam number?

I have some other projects to do but will get to yours asap. Don't post the other 2 exams until this one is completed, because a question only 'lives' for 5 days before being closed.

I should be able to get this back to you later tonight or tomorrow.

Best regards,
Cher

YES THIS IS 1 OF THE 3

I DON'T KNOW THE EXAM # XXXXX WILL THIS # XXXXX 088064RR

Hi again, Nikki.

Yes, that helps! : )

I'll be back in touch with you later, when the exam is completed.

Best regards,
Cher
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher
Cher, Teacher
Cher
Cher
Cher, Teacher