LogicPro
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
29751445

Java Data Structures

Modify the PlayerLinkedList class to include one more method: that method inserts a new player in the third position of the list, 'head' being the first position. If the list is empty, the method will insert the new player as the head of the list. Be sure to test your method with the appropriate client code.

Files needed: http://wikisend.com/download/899642/Assignment LM6 attached files Jul 7, 2013 901 AM.zip

Pradeep :

Pradeep :

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Pradeep :

My name is Pradeep & I will assist you in this question.

Pradeep :

I have downloaded the file, but it seems to be corrupted or damaged.

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

ok i'll retry

Pradeep :

Request you to kindly re-upload the file & send me the link

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

http://wikisend.com/download/524918/files.zip

Pradeep :

OK, I have successfully downloaded the file. Give me some time, I will check & revert.

Pradeep :

Any deadline you have, Sir?

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

By 7pm tonight eastern time. I also have to smaller question that just involve reading code that I will attach in a moment. I will tip upon completion.

Pradeep :

Time line is short, but I will try to complete is asap.

Pradeep :

before deadline.

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

What does this method of the PlayerLinkedList class do?

public int foo4()
{
PlayerNode nd = head;
int i = 0;
while( nd != null)
{
if(nd.getPlayer().getGame().equals("Sonic"))
i++
nd = nd.getNext();
}
return i;
}

public boolean foo5(int i)
{
PlayerNode nd = head;
while(nd != 0)
{
if(nd.getPlayer().getID() == i)
return true;
nd = nd.getNext();
}
return false;
}

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

My mistake.. the deadline is 9pm

Pradeep :

ok

Pradeep :

The function public boolean foo5(int i) checks if the given id i as parameter exists in the linked list.

Pradeep :

If it exists then the function returns true or returns false otherwise.

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

ok

Pradeep :

The function, foo4 checks & counts players (nodes) present in the list with name "Sonic". It returns the count of that,

Pradeep :

.

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX I will await the programming portion of my question. Once it is completed I will make sure it compiles and runs then I will pay and tip.

Pradeep :

sure.

Pradeep :

In the current program, if any new player is added to the linked list, it is made as the head. Whereas the previous one is being pushed down as normal player.

What I understand from your requirement, is you need the newly added player as head when the list is empty and add a new player at the next position where there is already a head present, instead of replacing it.

Kindly confirm.

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

The newly entered list goes into the third position, unless the list is empty, it will then insert the list as head

Pradeep :

What about the second position then?

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

What do you mean? if the list is empty there is no second position... If there are items in the list then the newly added item goes to position 3.

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

I could be wrong, but from what I understand it should be like this... say we have 3 items in the list (1, 2, 3) and we run the new method you created to add '4'.. It should make the list look like (1,2,4,3).. if the list is empty it will look like this after the method (4)

Pradeep :

It is clear that, if the list is empty then the first element will go in as head element. Now the list has only one element.

At this stage, if a new element is inserted, then it would in the second position & not third.

But the requirement say, it should go to 3rd position. Hence was my question, "What about the 2nd position ?"

Pradeep :

Ok. so any new element added in the non-empty (at least 2 elements filled) list should go in the 3rd position. Thereafter every element should go in the 3rd position.

Pradeep :

as the list is pre-filled.

Pradeep :

Please correct me if I am wrong.

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

correct

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

could you please provide me the code you used to test it as well?

Pradeep :

There is one class named PlayerLinkedListTest already present in the code. I will include the test code in that file itself.

JACUSTOMER-ntaxvisi- :

ok

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Everything going ok?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
LogicPro, Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML