Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

When Would Excel Be A Better Choice Than Access?

1. (TCO 1) To delete...
1. (TCO 1) To delete the filter shown below
(Points : 5)
click Filter in the Sort & Filter group and select Clear Filter.
click Remove Filter in the Sort & Filter group.
right click on any number in the Quantity column and select Clear filter from Quantity.
right click on any record in the table and select Clear filter from Quantity.
2. (TCO 1) In what situation would Excel be a better choice than Access? (Points : 5)
You have a limited amount of data.
You have an extensive amount of data.
You need to maintain constant connectivity to an external database.
You require a relational view of your data.
3. (TCO 1) All of the following are Report Wizard Layout types EXCEPT (Points : 5)
block.
outline.
stepped.
summary.
4. (TCO 1) Filters are used to do all of the following EXCEPT (Points : 5)
a filter can be removed by selecting Remove Filter from the Sort & Filter group.
all records in a table will be displayed if all of the filters are removed.
filter effects are cumulative.
it does not matter whether you apply a filter or a sort first.
5. (TCO 1) A Report section that is used to summarize grouped field data is (Points : 5)
detail.
group header.
group footer.
report footer.
6. (TCO 2) The number of records in a relationship is a(n) (Points : 5)
cardinality.
domain.
entity.
key.
7. (TCO 2) SQL is a fourth-generation language that is (Points : 5)
flat-file oriented and nonprocedural.
oriented toward static data.
procedural and record oriented.
table oriented and nonprocedural.
8. (TCO 3) A property that provides a "user friendly" name to a column in Datasheet View is a (Points : 5)
caption.
default value.
input mask.
rule.
9. (TCO 3) All of the following summarize characteristics of a PivotChart EXCEPT (Points : 5)
a PivotChart is created automatically each time a PivotTable is created.
changes made to a PivotTable will be made automatically to the PivotChart.
some chart types are bar, line, column, pie, scatter, doughnut, and radar.
PivotChart elements are modified in the Design View.
10. (TCO 3) Which of the following does NOT describe a caption property? (Points : 5)
A label can substitute for a field name in Datasheet View.
The caption appears in Datasheet View, Form, and Report.
The label allows spaces between words.
The label can be used in place of a field name in an expression.
11. (TCO 4) When building a calculated field, formulas can be created using the (Points : 5)
form wizard.
expression builder.
report builder.
table wizard.
6/28/2013
Susan Athena
Susan Athena, Professional w/Adv. Degree

Hi. Thanks for your question!

I'm working on your questions and will have a response for you tonight.

Can you please post the visual referenced in question 1? You can copy it to a word document, put it on sendspace.com or a similar file-sharing site, and post the 'sharing URL' here so I can view it.

Kind regards

Yes I can, I have 2 essays questions and 11 more Multiple choice, can you help with that too?

http://www.sendspace.com/file/8skqth or this one

http://www.sendspace.com/delete/8skqth/9cdd98d174bec82b310de06a480f8ddf

Thanks. Please post the rest of the multiple choice questions here. You should post the essays separately, though. Hopefully another expert will be able to assist.

Kind regards

Its really two questions and I'll post them separately. here are the other questions:

(TCO 5) To edit a form, use (Points : 5)

datasheet view.
design view.
layout view.
layout view or design view.

2. (TCO 5) A bound control (Points : 5)

always contains a label.
contains text and number values entered by the user.
is unique and contains a data field from another underlying source.
must contain a formula.

3. (TCO 6) Which of the following is a term used to describe the names of controls, fields, or properties? (Points : 5)

Function
Identifier
Operator
Value

4. (TCO 6) Data aggregates (Points : 5)

are used to perform calculations on individual records in a table or query.
cannot be used in a report.
perform calculations on entire columns of data.
return multiple values.

5. (TCO 7) To display data as percentages of a whole, use the following chart. (Points : 5)

Bar
Line
Pie
Scatter Plot

6. (TCO 7) Effective PivotTables and PivotCharts are usually based on a (Points : 5)

form.
query.
report.
table.

7. (TCO 8) All of the following describe a Navigation Form EXCEPT (Points : 5)

click the Create tab and then Navigation in the Forms group to create a Navigation form.
is another term for a Switchboard Manager.
helps users open forms and reports.
has the look and feel of a Web form.

8. (TCO 9) An encrypted file is (Points : 5)

created by scrambling the content.
protected by a password.
saved with a specific file extension.
unreadable if it is opened through a tampering tool or another program.

9. (TCO 9) All of the following are true when a user creates their own self-signed digital signature EXCEPT (Points : 5)

a time stamp is not required to go through a commercial service or local server for processing.
a time stamp will prove when the file was last used.
it is created through another software application.
it will prove that the creator owns the database.

10. (TCO 10) The ACCDT file format type refers to a(n) (Points : 5)

database.
digitally signed database.
executable database.
template.

11. (TCO 4) Which of the following is NOT true of a ship date field? (Points : 5)

A ship date is considered a constant.
A ship date would be defined as a date/time field.
A ship date would be defined as a calculated field.
Date arithmetic can be applied to a ship date field

If you can answer these two questions as well, that will be great. if not I understand.

Explain 1NF, 2NF, and 3NF as related to database design.

Describe the update problem caused by a de-normalized design

Here's the first set of answers. Please stand by for the next set of 11 multiple choice.

Kind regards

1. c. right click on any number in the Quantity column and select Clear filter from Quantity.
2. a. You have a limited amount of data.
3. d. summary
4. a. a filter can be removed by selecting Remove Filter from the Sort & Filter group.
5. c. group footer (note that b could technically be accurate, but the summary would generally go in the footer if there are detail records)
6. a. cardinality
7. d. table oriented and nonprocedural
8. a. caption
9. d. PivotChart elements are modified in Design View
10. d. The label can be used in place of a field name in an expression.
11. b. expression builder.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Susan Athena
Susan Athena
Susan Athena