Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

To complete the following assignment, go to this weeks Assignment

To complete the following assignment...
To complete the following assignment, go to this week's Assignment link in the left navigation.
Two-Variable Inequality

Read the following instructions in order to complete this assignment, and review the example of how to complete the math required for this assignment:
Read problem 46 on page 240 of Elementary and Intermediate Algebra.

Assign a variable to each type of rocker Ozark Furniture makes.

Write a linear inequality which incorporates the given information of total board feet and the board feet required for each type of rocker.

On scratch paper draw a graph of the inequality so that you have this visual to go by as you discuss the graph in your writing. A scanned copy of this graph may be attached with your essay, but is not required.

Write a two to three page paper that is formatted in APA style and according to the Math Writing Guide. Format your math work as shown in the Instructor Guidance and be concise in your reasoning. In the body of your essay, please make sure to include:

Your solution to the above problem, making sure to include all mathematical work.

A discussion on what this graph looks like. Include information about the intercepts, the type of line needed, direction of the line, and region(s) shaded to fulfill the inequality. Any details which are pertinent to know about the graph should be mentioned.

An application of the findings in this graph. For example, pick a point in the shaded area and give its coordinates, and then discuss what those numbers mean in terms of rockers and board feet of lumber. Pick a point outside of the shaded area and do the same thing. Pick a point right on the line and discuss the same details. Be specific.

An evaluation of the following: A chain furniture store faxes an order for 175 modern rocking chairs and 125 classic rocking chairs. Will Ozark Furniture be able to fill this order with the current lumber on hand? If yes, how much lumber will they have left? If no, how much more lumber would they need to fill the order?
For information regarding APA samples and tutorials, visit the Ashford Writing Center, within the Learning Resources tab on the left navigation toolbar.
Maple rockers. Ozark Furniture Company can obtain at most 3000 board feet of maple lumber for making its classic and modern maple rocking chairs. A classic maple rocker requires 15 board feet of maple, and a modern rocker requires 12 board feet of maple. Write an inequality that limits the possible number of maple rockers of each type that can be made, and graph the inequality in the first quadrant.

INSTRUCTOR GUIDANCE EXAMPLE: Week Three Assignment 2-Variable Inequality Here is an example of a problem very similar to the one in the Week Three Assignment:
Catskills Hammock Company can obtain at most 2000 yards of striped canvas for making its full size and chair size hammocks. A full size hammock requires 10 yards of canvas and the chair size requires 5 yards of canvas. Write an inequality that limits the number of striped hammocks of each type which can be made.
(b) First I must define what variables I will be using in my inequality. Let f = the number of full size hammocks Let c = the number of chair size hammocks
Since each full size hammock requires 10 yards of canvas I will use 10f, and since each chair hammock requires 5 yards of canvas I will use 5c. The total amount of canvas which can be used is limited to 2000 yards because that is all they can get. Together my inequality will look like this:
10f + 5c ≤ 2000
(d) If we call f the independent variable (on the horizontal axis) and c the dependent variable (on the vertical axis) then we can graph the equation using the intercepts.
The f-intercept is found when c = 0: 10f ≤ 2000
f ≤ 200 The f-intercept is (200, 0). The c-intercept is found when f = 0:
5c ≤ 2000
c ≤ 400 The c-intercept is (0, 400). Because this is a “less than or equal to” inequality the line will be solid, sloping downward as it moves from left to right. The region of the graph which is relevant to this problem is restricted to the first quadrant, so the shaded section is from the line towards the origin and stops at the two axes.
(e) Consider the point (105, 175) on my graph. It is inside the shaded area which means the company could fill an order of 105 full size hammocks and 175 chair hammocks. If they made up this many items they would use
105(10) + 175(5) = 1925 yards of striped canvas and have 75 yards left over.
Consider the point (150, 125) on the graph. It is outside the shaded area which means the company could not make up enough of both kinds of hammocks to fill this order. They would run out of canvas before all of them got made.
150(10) + 125(5) = 2125 yards of canvas required. Cannot fill the order.
Consider the point (75, 250). This point is right on the line and this means the company could fulfill this order exactly without any canvas left over.
75(10) + 250(5) = 2000 Order is filled but no room for mistakes!
(f) If someone calls and
6/23/2013
Martin, Physicist
Hello! I can help you with this, but for a 2-3 page APA paper on this specific math exercise I would ask for a fifteen dollar bonus. If that's OK, I'll get started. Also, can you please let me know the deadline for this work?
Yes that's fine I need it no later than 7:00 tonight. Sorry such short notice had family emergency this week.
Hey. I was wondering how much more u like. I need it ASAP. It is due tonight at midnight. I was hoping u would have it finished by 7:00.
Sorry, I can't help on this timefame. I'll opt out for other experts.

okay.

Hello again. I know this is last minute, and past your 7 pm deadline, but I freed up some time and am working on your assignment now. Hope it's not too late...
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Martin, Physicist
I forgot to mention that I made an assumption about the referenced text -- I think I got it right, but you should check that it is the right one.

Did you make the deadline?
Hi Beth!

If you haven't already, please accept and rate my answer. Positive ratings are important to me and allow me to continue working here, so please let me know if I missed the mark, and I'll do whatever I can to earn a excellent rating.

Thanks for your support.
Martin, Physicist