Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. The world region which currently accounts for the largest

share of global population is: Africa. Latin...
1. The world region which currently accounts for the largest share of global population is:

Africa.

Latin America.

Europe.

Asia.

2. The largest community of immigrant Japanese in Latin America resides in:

Peru.

Brazil.

Mexico.

Paraguay.

3. The Green Revolution in southeast Asia:

developed new varieties of rice that increased yields.

led to the emergence of new environmental political parties.

was a reforestation campaign in the Philippines that planted millions of trees.

refers to Malaysian Islamists, who carrying green banners when protesting.

4. Horizontal integration in economic production occurs when:

factories are located next to one another, to ease transportation costs.

owners of a factory buy out other producers in the industry.

new technologies allow for greater competition and lower prices.

banks buy up the stock of a specific industry, in order to increase production.

5. The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) is a political party based in which religious group?

Muslims

Hindus

Sikhs

Buddhists

6. Mansu Musa was the ruler of the __________ empire.

Ghana

Songhai

Mali

Fulani

7. The river which carries the most traffic in Europe and is the continent's most important inland waterway is the:

Rhone.

Rhine.

Danube.

Elbe.

8. The largest ethnic group in China is the:

Han.

Tibetans.

Mongolians.

Uighurs.

9. Glasnost and perestroika were policies pursued by which Soviet leader?

Vladimir Lenin

Josef Stalin

Mikhail Gorbachev

Nikita Khrushchev

10. The Itaipu Dam, the world's second-largest hydroelectric project, generates electricity shared between:

Venezuela and Brazil.

Colombia and Ecuador.

Chile and Argentina.

Brazil and Paraguay.
5/1/2013
Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Linda_us
Linda_us
Linda_us