Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

JAVA program (Net Beans) Create frame from JFrame Design…

JAVA program (Net Beans)...
JAVA program (Net Beans)
Create frame from JFrame

Design a class called MyJFrame to produce output as shown in Figures 1 – 7. This frame must be inherited from the class JFrame. The frame must contain only a title as shown in Figure 1

Figure 1

Create a menu bar object and set it in place. Add menu choices onto the menu bar as shown in Figure 2.

Figure 2

Add menu items to each menu choice as shown in Figure 3 and Figure 4. Place separators where indicated in the Figures.
.

Figure 3

For the menu choice Tools, create a cascading menu for the menu choice Edit. This submenu must contain menu items as shown in the Figure 4.

Figure 4

The following is an outline of the code for the class MyJFrame. You may consult your notes and class handouts for further information.

1. Use an interface to maintain constant values and generic methods
2. Use arrays to contain:
(a) The list of menu choices
(b) The list of menu items for the menu choices – File, Tool, and Edit.

// Area reserve for importing classes.

class MyJFrame extends JFrame
{
JMenuBar mbar;
JMenu jm;
JMenuItem mi;

MyJFrame(String title)
{
super(title);

mbar = new JMenuBar(); //Create menu bar and set it
setJMenuBar(mbar);

buildMenu(); // Call method which actually builds the menu
}

void buildMenu()
{
for (int i = 0; i <Constants. MENU.length; i++) // For each menu choice, create a menu choice object
{
jm = new JMenu(Constants.MENU);

/* Determine the menu choice and create menu items for each menu
* choice and add each set of menu items to its respective menu choice
*/
switch(i)
{
case 0: // File
//Create separator or create file menu item and add each to the menu choice

break;

case 1: //Tool
/* First, check for the string Edit. When found, use it to create a sub menu
object. Next, create menu items, in this case – Copy and Paste as menu
items. Add these menu items to the sub menu. Finally, add this sub menu to
the menu choice Tool.
If the string is not Edit, then it must be a menu item for menu choice Tool.
Create each menu item objects, in this case – Sort and Search, and add each
to the menu choice Tool.
*/

break;

case 2: // Help, at this point no menu item will be attached
break;

default: // No action taken at this time
break;
}// End switch
mbar.add(jm); // Add each menu choice with its menu items to the menu bar.
}// End for
}// End build
}// End class MyJFrame

Part II

Additing Functionality to your GUI

Create an anonymous WindowListener class such that when you click the close button on your frame, a child frame (JOptionPane frame) appears, similar to Figure 5 Remember to import the class WindowAdapter and the class WindowEvent.

Figure 5

Go to the class MyJFrame and register each menu item to the ActionListener object. The general format is:

mi.addActionListener(new Actions());

where the class Actions is partially defined below

The class Actions determines which menu item has been activated. The general format of this class is as follows:

import java.awt.event.ActionListener;
import java.awt.event.ActionEvent;

class Actions implements ActionListener
{
DisplayText dt;

public void actionPerformed(ActionEvent e)
{
if (e.getActionCommand().equalsIgnoreCase("New"))
{
dt = new DisplayText("Untitled..... ", "");
}
else if(e.getActionCommand().equalsIgnoreCase("Open"))
{
BasicFile f = new BasicFile();
f.selectFile();
dt = new DisplayText(f.getName(), f.getContent());
}
//::::::::::::
else
;

/*
*
*::::::::::::::::::::::::
*
*/
}
}

(b) Implement the class DisplayText that was given to you. This class accepts two strings - the first represents the name of a file and the second string, the contents of the file. This class constructs a frame object from the class MyJFrame accepts the first string which is used as a title. Place the second string is the text to be displayed in a JScrollPane.

(c) Use the class called BasicFile from Assignment 4. This file uses the FileChooser class to create a File dialog. At this point the three most important methods are:
• selectFile() which creates the file dialog, from which you can select a file.
• getName() returns the name of the file you selected
• getContents() returns the contents of the file you selected.

Running the Program

When you run the program and select File – New, your output should be similar to Figure 6.

Figure 6

Similarly, when you select File – Open, your output should be similar to Figure 7.

Figure 7

This should be familiar to you. If you select a file its contents would be displayed as shown in Figure 8.

Figure 8

• Implement the Copy - Paste options. That is use the mouse to highlight a portion of the displayed text, and copy it to a different location in the document.

Part III
Adding buttons to the frame.
4/22/2013
ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Hello welcome i can assist you with your program. I am ATLProg
Can you please let me know by when you need this done?

It must be completed by: Wednesday April 24th by 11:00 PM

Can you please send me a pdf/word document/URL of your assignment description ?
Can you please send me the files you have been working with ?
Can you please go to www.ge.tt and upload your file ? Once you do that you will get a page that has the "Download Link". Copy the "Download Link" and please paste it in your reply here.

link with assignment instructions: http://ge.tt/19xDyme/v/0?c

link with files i have been working with: http://ge.tt/5QWK0ne?c

ok let me seee
I have sent a Underpriced report on this to your registered email id, please confirm if the price looks ok to you. Please let me know so I can start working on this accordingly.

The price looks okay to me.

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Did it work ? Do you have any questions ? Concerns ?
Please add the difference of amounts as agreed upon per underpriced report as bonus/tip when you Rate answer. You should see a button add bonus/tip .
ATLProg
ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer