Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Question 1 of 20 Those who follow the writings of Auguste

Question 1 of 20 Those who...
Question 1 of 20
Those who follow the writings of Auguste Comte are known as:
A. theorists.
B. positivists.
C. negativists.
D. victimologists.
Question 2 of 20
Public-welfare offenses are known as:
A. limited liability crimes.
B. strict liability crimes.
C. unlimited liability crimes.
D. none of the above
Question 3 of 20
The consensus view of crime links illegal behavior to the concept of:
A. victimology.
B. sociology.
C. social harm.
D. theory construction.
Question 4 of 20
The theorist who observed that the character of every civilization is determined by its mode of production is:
A. Edwin Sutherland.
B. Karl Marx.
C. Cesare Lombroso.
D. Emile Durkheim.
Question 5 of 20
The subarea of criminology concerned with the role social forces play in shaping criminal law and the role criminal law plays in shaping society is known as:
A. cohort research.
B. aggregate data research.
C. experimental research.
D. the sociology of law.
Question 6 of 20
Which theorist felt that crime is normal because it is virtually impossible to imagine a society in which criminal behavior is totally absent?
A. Cesare Becarria
B. Phillipe Pinel
C. Emile Durkheim
D. Auguste Comte
Question 7 of 20
The founder of sociology is:
A. Sigmund Freud.
B. Cesare Beccaria.
C. Edwin Sutherland.
D. Auguste Comte.
Question 8 of 20
Several subareas of criminology exist within the broader areas of criminology. These subareas are called the:
A. criminological enterprise.
B. criminal statistics.
C. sociology of law.
D. victimology.
Question 9 of 20
The aggressive act of the crime is the:
A. mens rea.
B. actus reus.
C. strict liability.
D. concurrence.
Question 10 of 20
The intent to commit the criminal act is known as:
A. mens rea.
B. actus reus.
C. strict liability.
D. concurrence.

Question 11 of 20
The perspective that sees crime as the reflection of the preferences and opinions of people who hold social power in a particular legal jurisdiction is the:
A. consensus view.
B. conflict view.
C. interactionist view.
D. all of the above
Question 12 of 20
When people behave abnormally even without being mentally ill, they:
A. are criminal.
B. are psychotic.
C. have a psychopathic personality.
D. are anomic.
Question 13 of 20
Interactions people have with various individuals, organizations, institutions, and processes of society which help them mature and develop are known as:
A. socialization.
B. criminalization.
C. conflict.
D. consensus.
Question 14 of 20
The sociologist who said that people learn criminal attitudes from older, more experienced law violators is:
A. Edwin Sutherland.
B. Charles Darwin.
C. Cesare Lombroso.
D. Reggio Emilia.
Question 15 of 20
The capitalists or the owners of the means of production are known as:
A. proletariat.
B. bourgeoisie.
C. interactionists.
D. positivists.
Question 16 of 20
The theory that people have free will to choose criminal or unlawful solutions to meet their needs or settle their problems is:
A. classical criminology.
B. the conflict theory.
C. the conflict view.
D. the consensus view.
Question 17 of 20
Most reported crimes occur during the:
A. summer.
B. winter.
C. fall.
D. spring.
Question 18 of 20
Embarrassment of reporting crime victimizations to NCVS interviewers may be a reason for:
A. sampling error.
B. overreporting of victimizations.
C. underreporting of victimizations.
D. none of the above
Question 19 of 20
An unlawful attack by one person upon another for the purpose of inflicting severe or aggravated bodily injury is called:
A. murder.
B. forcible rape.
C. robbery.
D. aggravated assault.
Question 20 of 20
Asking participants to describe their recent and lifetime criminal activity is:
A. sampling.
B. cross-sectional research.
C. self-report surveys.
D. experimental research.
4/17/2013
Cher
Cher, Teacher

Hello, Seth and welcome back to Just Answer.

I can help you with this exam and need to know by when it is due.

Thanks,
Cher

Would like it 2night before midnight if possible

Hi again, Seth and thanks for your reply.

I will have it for you by your deadline. Is that midnight Eastern time? If not, what time zone are you in?

Regards,
Cher

Yes,

Eastern time zone-about 4 hours away....thank you

Ok, no problem.

You'll have it before midnight.

Regards,
Cher

thank you

You're most welcome!

I'll post back as soon as it's completed.

Regards,
Cher
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Cher
Cher, Teacher
Hi again, Seth.

Thank you very much for your Excellent rating and most generous bonus; they are greatly appreciated!

Best regards,
Cher
Cher
Cher
Cher, Teacher