Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Question 1 of 20 The people who are in the best position to

save are: A. teenagers. B...
Question 1 of 20 The people who are in the best position to save are: A. teenagers. B. young adults in their 20s. C. middle-aged. D. elderly. Question 2 of 20 How many years can you expect to spend in retirement? A. 6 to 10 years B. 10 to 12 years C. 12 to 16 years  D. from 16 to 25 years Question 3 of 20 Beverly Foster is planning for her retirement. She has determined that her car is worth $10,000, her home is worth $150,000, her personal belongings are worth $100,000 and her stocks and bonds are worth $300,000. She owes $50,000 on her home and $5000 on her car. What step in the retirement planning process is Beverly completing? A. Analyzing her current assets and liabilities B. Estimating her spending needs C. Evaluating her planned retirement income D. Developing a balanced budget based on her retirement income Question 4 of 20 XXXXX XXXXX is planning for her retirement. She has done some checking and thinks she will get about $1025 a month from social security. She also thinks her pension plan at her work will pay her about $1125 per month. In addition, she has some personal retirement accounts that she thinks will pay her $500 per month. What step in the retirement planning process is Rebecca completing? A. Analyzing her current assets and liabilities B. Estimating her spending needs C. Evaluating her planned retirement income D. Developing a balanced budget based on her retirement income Question 5 of 20 Janice Jacobs is planning for her retirement. She knows what assets and liabilities she has now and expects to have in the future. She knows what her spending patterns are likely to be and adjusted them for inflation. She also has identified all of her sources of income after she retires. Now she is sitting down and planning her income and expenses each month. After she has finished this plan, she knows that she has enough income to cover her expected expenses and still have $200 extra each month for emergencies and other unplanned activities. Even with inflation, she thinks she can sustain this plan for approximately 30 years. What step in the retirement planning process is Janice completing? A. Analyzing her current assets and liabilities B. Estimating her spending needs C. Evaluating her planned retirement income D. Developing a balanced budget based in her retirement income Question 6 of 20 What is likely to be an individual’s single biggest asset? A. Their automobile B. Their jewelry C. Their bank account D. Their home Question 7 of 20 Which one of the following is the most widely used source of retirement income? A. IRAs B. Keogh plans C. Social Security D. company pension plans Question 8 of 20 Which employer pension plan has an individual account for each employee? A. Undefined-contribution plan B. Defined-contribution plan C. Defined-benefit plan D. Undefined-benefit plan Question 9 of 20 What are the two most popular personal retirement plans? A. Keogh account and Social Security B. Social Security and Roth IRA Plus C. Keogh accounts and individual retirement accounts D. 401(k) and Social Security Question 10 of 20 To stretch your income during retirement, you could: A. skip leisure activities. B. cut your food expenditures. C. cancel your life and property insurance. D. use your skills and time instead of your money. Question 11 of 20 Estate planning has two parts. The first part consists of: A. building your estate through savings, investments, and insurance. B. transferring your estate in the manner you have specified. C. deciding who is going to get what. D. evaluating your assets and liabilities. Question 12 of 20 The second part of estate planning consists of: A. building your estate through savings. B. transferring your estate in the manner you have specified. C. deciding who should be your attorney. D. evaluating your assets and liabilities. Question 13 of 20 Which of the following statements is correct regarding wills? A. Only married people with dependents need a will. B. Only the rich with a considerable estate needs a will. C. Every adult needs a will. D. Only senior citizens need a will. Question 14 of 20 5.0 If you die without a valid will: A. the IRS confiscates your property. B. the federal court decides how the property should be distributed. C. your relatives or friends will get the property. D. the state's law of descent and distribution becomes your will. Question 15 of 20 Which of the following wills leaves everything to your spouse? A. Simple will B. Traditional marital share will C. Exemption trust will D. Stated dollar amount will.      Question 16 of 20 Even though there is no one ideal will, today, which type of will is considered best by many attorneys?               A. Simple will               B. Traditional marital share will               C. Exemption trust will               D. Stated dollar amount will Question 17 of 20 A person who will follow your instructions specified in your wi
4/9/2013
Ellen, Lawyer

FiveStarLaw :

Hi Emily,

FiveStarLaw :

45 minutes here too?

JACUSTOMER-ia7dn9vd- : Yes & sorry fa all the Às like that it kind of messed up
FiveStarLaw :

Is it possible for you to upload to mediafire?

JACUSTOMER-ia7dn9vd- : I can't do that
JACUSTOMER-ia7dn9vd- : Those was the last 20 questions anyway after that I don't need anything else

I am working on the answers but the formatting makes them very difficult to read. If possible would you upload to mediafire.com

ok no problem
ok
I need questions 16-20
Even though there is no one ideal will, today, which type of will is considered best by many attorneys?

A. Simple will

B. Traditional marital share will

C. Exemption trust will

D. Stated dollar amount will Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 17 of 20
5.0 Points
A person who will follow your instructions specified in your will is called a(n):

A. beneficiary.

B. trustor.

C. witness.

D. executor or executrix. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 18 of 20
5.0 Points
A trust established by your will that becomes effective upon your death is called a(n) ____________ trust.

A. testamentary

B. living

C. revocable

D. irrevocable Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 19 of 20
5.0 Points
Under what type of ownership is the property considered owned 50-50 for estate tax purposes and passed automatically to your spouse at your death?

A. Tenants in common

B. Tenancy by the entirety

C. Joint tenants with the right of survivorship

D. Tenancy by default Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 20 of 20
5.0 Points
The maximum tax rate on estates and gifts:

A. is gradually declining.

B. is gradually increasing.

C. has remained constant.

D. has increased sharply. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Hi Emily,

Here are my answers for comparison with your own:
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?upe0v78bvroxuoh

It was a pleasure to work with you today. Please let me know if I can assist you in the future by beginning your question with "For FiveStarLaw"
Ellen, Lawyer
Are u good at essays I have 2 essays and after that ill be completely done
Thank you Emily but I do not write essays. You would need to send the essays to the writing experts.
Joseph Connell's "intermediate disturbance hypothesis" proposes that:

A. species diversity is highest at intermediate frequencies of disturbance.

B. species diversity is lowest at intermediate frequencies of disturbance.

C. population growth rates are highest at intermediate frequencies of disturbance.

D. competitive exclusion is fastest at intermediate levels of disturbance. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 2 of 20
5.0 Points
A "community" is defined as:

A. a group of organisms that all make their living in a similar way.

B. a group of individuals of a single species inhabiting a defined area.

C. the portion of a defined area that supports life.

D. an association of interacting species inhabiting a defined area. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 3 of 20
5.0 Points
In most ecological communities:

A. most species are extremely rare.

B. few species are very abundant.

C. most species are moderately abundant.

D. both few species are very abundant, and most species are moderately abundant. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 4 of 20
5.0 Points
Robert MacArthur's study of forest warblers suggested that:

A. fewer warbler species can survive in more complex habitats.

B. warbler species diversity increases with habitat complexity.

C. warbler species diversity decreases with habitat complexity.

D. most warblers have rather similar foraging niches. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 5 of 20
5.0 Points
Niches of single-celled algae, such as diatoms, seem most often to be distinguished by their requirements for:

A. different combinations of inorganic nutrients.

B. different light environments.

C. different water-flow environments.

D. different water temperatures. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 6 of 20
5.0 Points
In the Amazon forest, slight changes in soil properties tend to be correlated with:

A. similar, slight differences in plant communities.

B. no detectable differences in plant communities.

C. dramatic differences in plant communities.

D. dramatic differences in plant communities only if the soil property in question is moisture. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 7 of 20
5.0 Points
In Robert Paine's studies of the Washington intertidal community, which organism proved to be a keystone species?

A. The whelk Thais

B. Acorn barnacles

C. Chitons

D. The starfish Pisaster Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 8 of 20
5.0 Points
In the Washington intertidal community studied by Robert Paine, the most important limiting resource is:

A. space.

B. light.

C. plankton.

D. nitrogen. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 9 of 20
5.0 Points
We can infer a statistically significant difference between two population means when:

A. our estimates of the two means are different.

B. the variances of the two means do not overlap.

C. the standard deviations of the two means do not overlap.

D. the 95% confidence intervals for the two means do not overlap. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 10 of 20
5.0 Points
Weaver ants provide effective protection of citrus trees because they:

A. remove harmful soft-scale insects (mealybugs).

B. remove all plant-feeding insects.

C. cultivate soft-scale insects, but do not allow them to feed on the trees.

D. cultivate soft-scale insects, but still allow them to be attacked by parasitoids and predators. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 11 of 20
5.0 Points
The Nile perch population explosion has been accompanied by:

A. a decrease in the dissolved oxygen in the shallowest portions of Lake Victoria.

B. a decrease in the dissolved oxygen in the deepest portions of Lake Victoria.

C. an increase in the dissolved oxygen in the deepest portions of Lake Victoria.

D. an increase in the dissolved oxygen in the shallowest portions of Lake Victoria. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 12 of 20
5.0 Points
Based on studies by Jane Lubchenko, what influence does the population density of the herbivorous intertidal snail, Littorina littorea, have on the number of algal species?

A. As snail density increases from low to medium, the number of algal species increases.

B. As snail density increases from medium to high, the number of algal species increases.

C. As snail density increases from medium to high, the number of algal species decreases.

D. Both as snail density increases from low to medium the number of algal species increases and as snail density increases from medium to high, the number of algal species decreases. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 13 of 20
5.0 Points
Teja Tscharntke simplified the food web associated with the wetland reed Phragmites australis by dividing the species into the following major trophic levels?

A. Plant, herbivore, piscivore, and granivore

B. Herbivore, carnivore, detritivore, and consumer

C. Herbivore, parasite, carnivore, and detritivore

D. Plant, herbivore, parasite, and carnivore Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 14 of 20
5.0 Points
Net primary productivity is the primary productivity of an ecosystem, after subtracting energy lost in:

A. dead plant tissues.

B. inedible plant tissues.

C. respiration by primary producers.

D. respiration by primary consumers. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 15 of 20
5.0 Points
"Actual evapotranspiration" for an ecosystem refers to the amount of water that:

A. is taken up from soils by plant roots.

B. evaporates from soils.

C. is transpired by plants.

D. evaporates from soils plus the amount transpired by plants. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 16 of 20
5.0 Points
Leibig's "Law of the Minimum" stated that:

A. the lowest primary productivity occurs in the coldest ecosystems.

B. primary productivity is typically controlled entirely by climate.

C. primary productivity is typically controlled by both climate and soil nutrients.

D. a single soil nutrient typically limits primary productivity. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 17 of 20
5.0 Points
Experimental fertilizations in the Baltic Sea suggest that primary productivity there is normally limited by:

A. phosphorus.

B. nitrogen.

C. iron.

D. potassium. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 18 of 20
5.0 Points
The "trophic cascade hypothesis" emphasizes the role of:

A. nutrients in controlling primary productivity.

B. nutrients in controlling primary consumption.

C. grazing by herbivores in controlling primary productivity.

D. grazing by herbivores in controlling ecosystem nutrient levels. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Question 19 of 20
5.0 Points
In Hubbard Brook Experimental Forest, the largest "standing stock" of energy is represented by biomass of:

A. living plant tissues.

B. dead plant tissues.

C. invertebrate herbivores.

D. vertebrate herbivores. Reset Selection

Mark for Review What's This?
Do you want me to answer these multiple choice questions here for a bonus
Yes
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ellen, Lawyer