Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Question 1 of 20 XXXXX XXXXX makes sure to contribute ten

percent of her monthly earnings...
Question 1 of 20 XXXXX XXXXX makes sure to contribute ten percent of her monthly earnings to her 401(k) plan at work. Her 401(k) plan allows her to invest in several different types of mutual funds. Which suggestion for the obtaining money she needs for investing is she following? A. Paying herself first B. Taking advantage of employer-sponsored retirement programs C. Participating in an elective savings program D. Making a special effort once or twice a year to save Question 2 of 20 After the death of her husband, Gina Baker, 35, received a check for $350,000 from a life insurance company. Gina has two small children and wants to make sure that both she and the children are taken care of in the future. Based on this information, which of the investment factors listed below would be the most important to Gina in her investment program? A. Liquidity B. Safety C. Business failure D. Market risk Question 3 of 20 Gina Davidson has received $50,000 in a divorce settlement and is trying to decide how to invest it. She has looked at stocks but knows that some stocks have lost a lot of value for their owners recently. What aspect of investing is she most concerned about? A. Risk B. Return C. Diversification D. Liquidity Question 4 of 20 An individual can reduce the amount of risk associated with an investment program by using: A. an investment timer. B. asset allocation. C. a portfolio picker. D. a personal investment notebook. Question 5 of 20 Which of the following statements is FALSE? A. Investors often make the mistake of putting all of their "eggs in one basket." B. Diversification in an investment portfolio is one way to lessen the risk factor. C. The amount of time a specific investment has to work is of little importance when choosing the investment alternative. D. Younger investors tend to invest a large percentage of their nest egg in growth-oriented investments. Question 6 of 20 XXXXX XXXXX has received a $10,000 gift from her mother and is trying to decide how to invest it. She thinks she would like to invest it in stocks because she knows that stocks have been earning about a 10% rate of interest over the last several years. What aspect of investing is Brenda most concerned about? A. Risk B. Return C. Diversification D. Liquidity Question 7 of 20 Which of the following statements is true about financial planning? A. Any kind of financial expert (such as a stockbroker, lawyer, or accountant) can help you develop a comprehensive financial plan. B. Once you have painstakingly developed a financial plan, it is not wise to change it. C. Once you have made a decision to buy an investment, there is no need for continued evaluation. D. You must always consider the tax consequences of selling your investments. Question 8 of 20 Terri Hamilton has just received $30,000 from an uncle who died and is trying to decide how to invest it. She has done some research has decided that about 30% of the money should go into large cap stocks, 20% into medium cap stocks, 15% into small cap stocks, 10% into bonds, 10% into foreign stocks and 15% into cash. She thinks that even if one area does not do that well, the rest will so that her overall return will be pretty good. What aspect of investing is Terri most concerned about? A. Risk B. Investment Growth C. Diversification D. Liquidity Question 9 of 20 Dividends are paid out of profits, and: A. dividend payments must be approved by the firm's board of directors. B. dividends are guaranteed. C. dividends are paid before a firm's taxes are paid. D. dividends are usually paid twice a year. Question 10 of 20 Rita Smith owns 220 shares of Jefferson Carpet Mills. For the last calendar quarter, Jefferson Carpet Mills paid a dividend of $0.47 a share. What is the total amount she received in her dividend check for this quarter? A. $0.47 B. $47 C. $94 D. $103.40 Question 11 of 20 Jo Bower owns 150 shares of Data General stock. She purchased the stock for $24 a share. She sold her stock for $30 a share. The commissions required to buy and sell her stock totaled $120. Assuming that she received no dividends during the time she owned the stock, what is her total return for this transaction? A. $600 B. $780 C. $900 D. $2,400 Question 12 of 20 The type of preferred stock that may be exchanged at the stockholder's option for common stock is: A. corporate bond. B. convertible preferred stock. C. participating preferred stock. D. cumulative preferred stock. Question 13 of 20 Which of the following is a true statement? A. The dividends-earnings ratio is a key factor that serious investors use to evaluate stock investments. B. The price-earnings ratio for a corporation must be studied for one period only. C. The price-earnings ratio is based on the company's dividends. D. The price-earnings ratio for one firm may be compared to the price-earnings ratio for all firms. Question 14 of 20 Book value is determined by: A. deducting liabilities from assets and dividing the remain
Relist: Answer came too late.
4/9/2013
Ellen, Lawyer
Welcome,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to answer your questions!

When do you require the answers?
Need them in like 45 min
Okay I will work on them immediately.
K
The questions cut off at number 14
I'm about to send the rest
Question 14 of 20
Book value is determined by:
A. deducting liabilities from assets and dividing the remainder by owner's equity.
B. deducting liabilities from assets and dividing the remainder by the number of shares of stock outstanding.
C. dividing liabilities by the number of shares of stock outstanding.
D. dividing assets by the number of shares of stock outstanding.
Question 15 of 20
A long-term technique used by investors who purchase an equal dollar amount of the same stock at equal intervals in time is called:
A. dollar cost averaging.
B. dividend reinvestment plan.
C. regulated transaction.
D. secured transaction.
Question 16 of 20
A market for existing financial securities that are currently traded between investors is called the __________ market.
A. primary
B. fundamental
C. efficient
D. secondary
Question 17 of 20
What is bond laddering?
A. It's where an investor buys only long term bonds.
B. It's where an investor buys only short term bonds.
C. It's where an investor buys bonds that have maturities that are spread out over a number of maturities.
D. It's where an investor stacks a bond investment on top of a stock investment.
Question 18 of 20
Which of the following statements is correct?
A. Stock is a form of debt capital.
B. Stock must be repaid at maturity.
C. Bonds are a form of debt capital.
D. Bonds do not have to be repaid at maturity.
Question 19 of 20
XXXXX XXXXX purchased a bond at a price far below its face value; it that makes no interest payments and will be redeemed at its face value at maturity. In all likelihood, he purchased a(n) __________ bond.
A. zero-coupon
B. convertible
C. indenture
D. registered
Question 20 of 20
If overall interest rates in the economy rise, a corporate bond with a fixed interest rate will generally:
A. increase in value.
B. decrease in value.
C. remain unchanged.
D. become worthless.
got them
Ok
20 more min
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ellen, Lawyer

Thank you very much for the "good service" rating!

If I can be of assistance in the future, begin your question with: "For FiveStarLaw"
Ellen, Lawyer