By definition, a fruit is derived from the (Points : 4). ovary.
2. _____ is the vascular tissue that conducts water and minerals from a plant's roots to its leaves. (Points : 4)
3. Which of these is mismatched? (Points : 4)
4. Pollen grains are (Points : 4)
5. Which of these is a fungal disease (mycosis)? (Points : 4)
All of the choices are correct.
6. While walking in the woods, you come across some low-growing plants clustered at the base of a tree. You collect one as a specimen for biology class. Upon examination in the lab, you find that the leaf-, stem-, and root-like structures contain no vascular tissue. The plant is (Points : 4)
not a plant but a charophyte.
7. Which of the following is not a hominin? (Points : 4)
8. Which is the largest, most diverse group of arthropods? (Points : 4)
9. Which of these is not a chordate characteristic? (Points : 4)
10. Egg-laying mammals are known as (Points : 4)
11. Which of these diseases is not caused by roundworms? (Points : 4)
12. Which of these has radial symmetry? (Points : 4)
13. Humans are a type of ___ mammal, having and organ that provides nutrients to the developing offspring. (Points : 4)
14. The openings in leaves that function to exchange gases are called (Points : 4)
15. Which theory of water transport states that hydrogen bonding allows water molecules to maintain a continuous fluid column as water is pulled from roots to leaves? (Points : 4)
16. Removing bark from a tree means that ________ are removed. (Points : 4)
phloem, cortex, cork cambium, and cork
17. Sugars are carried throughout the plant in which tissue? (Points : 4)
18. A cotyledon is which of the following? (Points : 4)
leaf-like structure on plant embryos
19. Which of the following correctly describes a major difference between monocot and eudicot plants? (Points : 4)
Monocot leaves have parallel leaf veins, while the leaf veins of a eudicot plant form a net-like pattern
20. The endosperm of a plant (Points : 4)
protects the young embryo within a seed.
21. Plants undergo an alternation of generations. The _______ produces spores, which develop into the ______. (Points : 4)
22. Which of the following is not a function of the flower in an angiosperm? (Points : 4)
supporting the plant
23. Plant growth in response to an environmental stimulus is called (Points : 4)
. a tropism.
24. Double fertilization in plants is the union of (Points : 4)
one sperm to the egg and one sperm to the egg nucleus.
25. The male part of a flower is the (Points : 4)