Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Choose one of the theories from the Motivation Concepts Table

and describe how this theory...
Choose one of the theories from the Motivation Concepts Table and describe how this theory would and would not be applicable if applied to two or more workplace situations drawn from your personal experience.

In the instance in which the selected theory of motivation was not applicable to your workplace experience, assess the need to develop and create new theoretical models of motivation in today’s changing work environment. What are the ramifications of failing to meet this challenge? Among the issues to consider are effects on personal satisfaction and productivity.
4/3/2013
Alex
Alex, Engineer

Alex :

Hi, could you provide the details as to the contents of the Motivation Concepts Table and the required word count for the assignment?

Customer:

1050 to 1400 words and here is the chart

Customer:

Theory Name

Major Theorist(s)

Time Period Created

Key Theory Concepts

Will

Descartes

1637

Will motivates all actions.

Will is an initiated and directed action.

Will

Ruckmick

1963

Striving to create impulses act.

The ability to resist self-denial or temptation.

Will

Rand

1964

Helps to decide whether or not to act.

Instinct

Darwin

1859-1872

A behavior is unlearned, automated, and mechanistic.

Biological urges impulses and appetites.

Freud’s Drive Theory

Freud

1915

All behaviors are motivated

to serve the fulfillment of need.

Hull’s Drive Theory

Hull

1943 and 1952

Drive is physiological basis and bodily need is the ultimate basis of motivation. Drive can be predicted before it occurs.

Decline of Drive’s Theory

Sheffield & Roby

1950

Learning can occur when there is no equivalent experience of decline drive.

Harlow

1953

Learning can occur when there are a drive reductions as well as an increase to drive.

Klien

1954

Motivation can result from something other than bodily disturbances.

Bolles

1972

A decrease in drive is not necessary for learning to occur.

Berlyne

1967

Hebb

1955

Optimal level of arousal.

Olds

1969

Pleasure centers in the brain.

Miller 1948 Appraoch and avoidance conflicts.

1948

Approach and avoidance conflicts.

Murray

1938

Universal Needs

Rogers

1959

Self-actualization

Achievement Motivation Theory

Atkinson

1964

Some of the mini- theories that works to understand or investigate one area such as motivational phenomenon, particular circumstance, groups of people and theoretical question.

Attribution Theory of achievement

Weiner

1972

Cognitive Dissonance

Theory

Festinger

1957

Effectance Motivation

White

1959

Harter

1978

References

Reeve, J. (2009). Understanding motivation and emotion. (5th ed.). New York: Wiley.

Do you need anything else form me?

Do you know how much longer the reply will take I need it by 12:00 EST?

Hi, give me just a few minutes to see if I can finish in time.

okay...thanks I appreciate it.

Give me about 10 more minutes and I'll have something, I know the deadline is tight!

Thank you so much!!!!!

About 100 words to go.
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Alex
Alex, Engineer
Thanks so much. Please let me know if I can help in the future.

www.justanswer.com/homework/expert-alex

I'll lock the question after you've had a chance to grab my personal page above.

Thanks
Alex
Alex
Alex
Alex, Engineer