Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Ch. 1: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 3 & 5 3. How

Ch. 1: Critical and Creative...
Ch. 1: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 3 & 5
3. How do you think the principle of uniformitarianism accounts for occasional catastrophic events such as meteorite impacts, huge volcanic eruptions, or great earthquakes?
5. In what ways do geologic processes affect your daily life?

Ch. 2: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 1 & 3

1.When astronauts brought back rock samples from the Moon, the minerals present were mostly the same as those found on Earth. Can you think of reasons why this might be so? Would you expect minerals on Mars or Venus to be the same, or at least very similar, to those on Earth?

3. Which of the following materials are minerals, and why (or why not)? Water; beach sand; diamond; wood; vitamin pill; gold nugget; fishbone; emerald.

Ch. 3: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 3 & 4
3. How old are the rock formations in the area where you live and attend college or university? How can you find out the answer to this question?

4. Choose one of the geologic periods or epochs listed in Figure 3.8 and find out all you can about it: How are rocks from that period identified? What are its most characteristic fossils? Where are the best samples of rocks from your chosen period found?

Ch. 14: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 1 & 4

1. Recall from Chapter 1 (see Table 1) that Earth and Venus are so similar in size and overall composition that they are almost “twins.” Why did these two planets evolve so differently? Why is Earth's atmosphere rich in oxygen and poor in carbon dioxide, whereas the reverse is true on Venus? What would happen to Earth's oceans if Earth were a little bit closer to the Sun?
4. What do you think might have happened to mammals if the end-of-Cretaceous extinction had not wiped out the dinosaurs?
3/30/2013
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
That is quite a list of questions. When are they due?

They are do tomorrow, wait I guess I should say today. They are due Saturday March 30th by 9:00 P.M.

Eastern time, I take it?

Correct.

No problems. I will get on it in the morning. I expect short answers are sufficient for these? No length requirement?

Thank you very much and yes short answers are fine.

One last quick question: Where is "the area where you live and attend college?"
I live in Virgina Beach, Virgina and I am attending Old Dominon University.
I have then done except for 3.4. Can you give me the table, or just pick one for me to research?

Here is the table and I will let you decide which one you would like to do. Thank you again.table

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your help. It saved me a lot of time.

If you need help again, put my name at the beginning of the question, and I will be here.

Thank you! I will be sure do that.

Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student