Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. Write a script named range which will print all the integers b

etween a lower and maximum value that the user should provide as arguments. For example: $ range 5 13 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 $ $...
1. Write a script named range which will print all the integers b etween a lower and 
maximum value that the user should provide as arguments.
For example:
$ range 5 13
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
$
$ range 22 17
22
21
20
19
18
17
Your script should take exactly two arguments. In a different case, it should
 inform the user
about the correct usage and quit.
$ range 6
Usage: range
$
2. Write a script called add_names that will get a name as argument and add this name in 
file called names_list.txt
This file should contain names; one name per line.
The script should check that the name does not exist in the file bef ore adding it.
 If the 
name exists, the script should print a relevant message and quit.
It should also check that only one argument is provided and in any other case
 print a message and quit.
Example:
Assuming that we have a file that contains:
Tom
Mary
Bob
Alice
Then after running:
$ add_names John
$
our file should now contain:
Tom
Mary
Bob
Alice
While:
$ add_names Bob
Name already exists
$
And:
$ add_names Nick Angelo
I can only add one name at a time
$
3/6/2013
Mr. Gregory White

Hello, my name isXXXXX for visiting Just Answer.

Sorry for the long delay. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just to difficult or not informative enough or priced to low.

Has the deadline passed for this project or do you still have time left to complete - if so, what is the deadline?

If you would like me to try and help, is there anything else you can add to your original post giving me more details. You can upload any files using the paper clip icon in the tool bar here at JustAnswer or by using a file sharing site like mediafire.com or box.com and sharing the link here. I may not be able to answer all of the components of your question but possibly some of them.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful week.

:-)

Hello, Greg. Thank you for responding. I am taking a real basic computer course so I don't think the question would be categorized as difficult. But other information about this assignment is that I have to use a vi editor and run two scripts. There are two questions, so one for each question. The assignment is due today 11 pm EST. The professor also provided us to read the following:

Attachment: 2013-03-06_153831_assignment2.pdf

I would be grateful if you or anyone would try to help. Thanks!

Thanks for updating,

Unfortunately this is outside my area of expertise.

I will opt out and move to the top of the list and message a couple of others who might have the time to help.

Someone should be with you shortly.

:-)

thank you!

thank you! and my deadline for submitting it has extended

R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor

Thanks! Just a quick question. When I write this in my vi editor, and try to run it, it says command not found. Do you know why?

Please make sure you've no spaces on either side of = sign. Just copy paste what I sent and try to run it.
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor