Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

1. (TCO 3) What is the basic logic function that generates

a LOW only if all...
1. (TCO 3) What is the basic logic function that generates a LOW only if all of its digital inputs are LOW? (Points : 7)
AND
OR
NOT
NAND

2. (TCO 3) What is the result when 9F016 is decremented by 1? (Points : 7)
9E916
9EF16
9F916
9F116

3. (TCO 3) What is the result of the binary subtraction 1100 – 0110? (Points : 7)
0010
0101
1010
0110

4. (TCO 3) What is the minimum number of select lines required for an 8-to-1 demultiplexer? (Points : 7)
1
3
8
24

5. (TCO 3) If the inputs to a one-bit full-adder are A = 1, B = 0, Cin =1, what are the outputs? (Points : 7)
Σ = 0, Cout = 0
Σ = 1, Cout = 0
Σ = 0, Cout = 1
Σ = 1, Cout = 1

6. (TCO 3) The decimal number 25 is equal to what binary number? (Points : 7)
10001
10011
10101
11001

7. (TCO 3) What is the largest number that can be represented by 10 bits? (Points : 7)
512
1023
1024
2048

8. (TCO 3) Which logic gate implements the Boolean expression:C:\Users\D01642558\Desktop\SEPT12\Course Development\ECET299\docs\Edited Exams\images\w11q10.gif ? (Points : 7)
AND
OR
NAND
NOR

9. (TCO 3) How many bits are required to represent decimal numbers from -32,768 to +32,767? (Points : 7)
10
15
16
18

10. (TCO 3) A multiplexer has four data select lines, A3-A0. What is the multiplexer configuration? (Points : 7)
4-to-1
8-to-1
16-to-1
32-to-1

11. (TCO 3) If an input to a 3-input NAND gate is shorted to ground, the output is (Points : 7)
HIGH.
LOW.
switching.
unknown.

12. (TCO 3) A D-type flip-flop is triggered with a rising edge clock. If the flip-flop is set, what condition will causes the flip-flop to reset? (Points : 7)
CLK = ­, D = 0
CLK = ­, D = 1
CLK = ¯, D = 0
CLK = ¯, D = 1

13. (TCO 3) A periodic signal is HIGH for a time ton and LOW for a time toff. The formula for duty cycle is (Points : 7)
.
.
.
.

14. (TCO 3) The primary purpose of a resistor in series with a LED being driven by a flip-flop is to (Points : 7)
limit voltage.
limit current.
limit speed.
limit power.

15. (TCO 3) The group of bits 10110101 is serially shifted (right-most bit first) into an 8-bit
parallel output shift register with an initial state of 11100100. After two clock pulses, the register contains (Points : 7)
01011100.
10110101.
01111001.
00101101.

16. (TCO 3) A MOD-5 and a MOD-20 counter are cascaded. What is the output frequency if the input frequency is 60 MHz? (Points : 7)
6 MHz
2.4 MHz
600 kHz
240 kHz

17. (TCO 3) Select the FPGA look-up table for a 2-input NAND gate. (Points : 7)
C:\Users\D01642558\Desktop\SEPT12\Course Development\ECET299\docs\Edited Exams\images\w11q53a.gif

C:\Users\D01642558\Desktop\SEPT12\Course Development\ECET299\docs\Edited Exams\images\w11q53c.gif
C:\Users\D01642558\Desktop\SEPT12\Course Development\ECET299\docs\Edited Exams\images\w11q53d.gif

18. (TCO 3) How many logic states does a MOD-16 counter have? (Points : 7)
15
16
17
32

19. (TCO 3) Select the FPGA look-up table for a 1-bit half-added with a data inputs A and B, sum out S, and carry out C. (Points : 7)

20. (TCO 3) In VHDL, what are the allowed outputs for a BIT signal type? (Points : 7)
0, 1
true, false
-231 to +231
0, 1, Z

21. (TCO 3) The VHDL signal assignment statement for a 4-input NAND gate is (Points : 7)
X = not(A or B or C or D);.
X <= not A and not B and not C and not D;.
X = not(A and B and C and D);.
X <= A nand B nand C nand D;.

22. (TCO 3) A VHDL design file includes the following statement for a counter: “Q <= Q + 1.” What signal type is the signal Q? (Points : 7)
IN
OUT
INOUT
BUFFER

23. (TCO 3) A state diagram for a MOD-16 counter is drawn with 16 bubbles. If the lines connecting the bubbles have arrowheads on both ends, what can we say about the counter? (Points : 7)
Nothing, because the drawing is in error.
This represents a 4-bit up-down counter.
This represents a 16-bit binary counter.
This represents a 4-bit ring counter.

24. (TCO 3) How many state variables are in a MOD-27 counter? (Points : 7)
27
5
26
4

25. (TCO 3) Which of the following is not a state machine? (Points : 7)
MOD-6 counter
4-bit shift register
4-bit adder
8-bit register
2/27/2013
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Welcome!

I'm working on this, would finish it and get back to you asap.

Thanks
Ok
Ok, it should take about half an hour or so.
Image is missing in question 8 and 17. Please take a screenshot of the problem with images, paste them in a word file. Then upload the file at wikisend.com or mediafire.com, and post its download link here. Let me know.

Thanks
Don't worry about 8 and 17. I got that. I need the rest ASAP. THANKS
Ok, sure!
Options given in question 12 and 13 are also not clear
Do all that you can
Ok
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor