Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I have a a VB program that I need which uses a database with

I have a a VB...

I have a a VB program that I need which uses a database with three tables. It uses these tables to get bill and stock information then displays it in a listbox. I can send a file with more detailed instriuctions along with the the program that I started containing the database (which has a successful connection) and some of the code needed....

2/23/2013
JBryan42
JBryan42, Programmer

JBryan42 :

Welcome back to JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you with this question.

JBryan42 :

Can you send the detailed instructions so that I can see what is going to be required? The tables as well, if possible.

JBryan42 :

Looks like we might be having some connectivity problems. Please let me know when you return.

Customer:

Thats great! Yes i can send you the program that already contains the ACC database in the file and is already connected to it. There are detatiled instructions on how the first part should be done, I have started on it but have errors, if you could fix those errors without changing the format of how they want it done that would be great, and of course keeping the other part of the problem in the same context. The key to this program I was told is a lot of loops inside of loops...

Customer:

Sorry i was making sure i was being specific enough..

JBryan42 :

Sorry ... it was my connection.

Customer:

i will upload the Vb program along with the instructions.

JBryan42 :

No problem. Yes, upload it and I will take a look.

Customer:

Instructions first, I have Highlighted at the bottom the details they provided which should be utilized or i could get penalized.

JBryan42 :

Ok, no problem.

Customer:

how do i upload the file, i see an image button to upload but not a file button

JBryan42 :

So, then the goal is "No Penalties"? ;)

Customer:

yes HAHA!

Customer:

would uploading it on wiki files work better?

JBryan42 :

Easiest way is to use the paperclip icon. It says it is for imges only, but works for zip files if you can zip the whole thing together.

Customer:

great!

Customer:

Let me know if that works, and the database is under the bin/debug

JBryan42 :

Got it. Give me just a minute.

JBryan42 :

What does the assignment9.exe file do?

Customer:

im not sure...

Customer:

if you open the SLN file it should have everything there

JBryan42 :

Ok. I'm just getting an alert about a fake process. But I'll check it out. I run all this stuff on a virtual machine anyway.

Customer:

hmmm not sure but if your using Visual Basic and open that first sln file it should work..

Customer:

i know i have to load those files to the project folder of the current visual basic dorectory

JBryan42 :

Yep. Give me just a few minutes to check it out.

Customer:

just checking to see if we are still connected, take your time.

JBryan42 :

Yep

JBryan42 :

This line: Select itemID, reOrderQuantity ... is that expected to return a single value?

Customer:

let me check

Customer:

That was part or part c instructions. Item Description should be part of that select statement as well

JBryan42 :

Ok

JBryan42 :

Ok, it's coming along but I need to take a dinner break. I can finish it up once I get back home, if that's ok with you?

Customer:

yes perfect! It is 10 till 8 here at 930 (in an 1.5 hours) I will have to setp away to pickup my wife from work for short bit.... if you dont mind me asking, were you able to get that first button to work?

Customer:

*step

JBryan42 :

Yes. But I'm not sure that I like my solution for it so far. You'll see what I mean when it's done ... if I haven't changed it. :) Back in about :45 to an hour

Customer:

ok

Customer:

Hello sir, I will be stepping away for about 40 minutes, I will return shortly

Customer:

I am back.

Customer:

I think I will Turn in tonight and we can pick this up tommorow..

JBryan42 :

I am so sorry for being away for so long. I didn't realize that my wife had things for US to do after dinner. Ok, I will get this finished up for you and upload the modified project as soon as I can,

Customer: Hello sir I was wondering if I could have a estimated eta so I can plan accordingly, thanks
Lindie-mod
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find another Professional to assist you right away. I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Lindie
Yes I am still waiting, the deadline is tonight at midnight but if me one else is up for it
Hi

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.

So I can make sure this is in the correct category, is this a homework assignment?

Lindie
This is a project
Logic Pro attempted to answer but was unable
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor

Please download project solution below

https://www.box.com/s/t38a15huswnrdxl2uxut

Please rate the answer.

Let me know if you need help with any other projects. Just add 'RRJha' at the start of you new question to ask me.

Thanks

Hello sir thank you so much for this! I have another request for this question if you can do it. In the instructions there is a highlighted section that asks to use 3 querys in the buttonSotck section and asks to use the distinct property in the firt section. Also I dont think they will except it using all of the group and join code being used as it was not introduced yet. If you can write it in a little different way I will compensate you for your extra time.. thanks again!

Ok, I'll do it another way and get back to you.

thank you so much!

Welcome
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor