Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

Personality and Social Development (3) Most researchers______Gilligans

Personality and Social Development (3) Most...
Personality and Social Development

(3) Most researchers______Gilligan's claim that Kohlberg underestimated the moral maturity of females. (a)support (b)reject (c)are divided over (d)are unaware of

(4) Which young adult is at risk of long-term identity foreclosure or diffusion?
(a)A college graduate who switches majors
(b)An aspiring chef who has no opportunity for culinary training
(c)A young woman with several possible vocational choices
(d)A Peace Corps volunteer

(5) Mastery of gender_______ is associated with the attainment of conservation.
(a)typing (B)equality (c)constancy (d)stereotyping

(6) Elevated heart rate and blood pressure,a depressed immune response, and reduced digestive activity are all outcomes of
(a)social referencing (B) poor prenatal care (C)joint attention (D) Psychological stress

(7) ______ is the only emotion that males express more freely than females in everyday interaction.
(A) Anger (B) Sorrow (C) Embarrassment (D) Envy

(8) Parents of impulsive children can foster conscience development by building a worm affectionate relationship that promotes.
(A) frequent power assertions (B) secure attachment (C) ego development (D) fear and guilt

(9) Dr. Thorne is interested in learning how children come to understand their multifaceted world. In her research,she asks questions like, "when do infants discover that they're separate beings, distinct from other people and objects?"Dr.Throne is studying
(A) social cognition (B) the inner self (C) self-concept (D) social comparisons

(10) Dr.Bouvier observes that bees sacrifice their lives to protect the hive and a dog cowers in the corner after wetting the carpet. Dr.Bouvier concludes that many morally relevant behaviors have evolutionary roots, which is consistent with_______theories of human social behavior.
(A) piaget's (B) social learning (C) biological (D) kohlberg's

(11) In Kohlberg's theory at the________level, moral understanding is based on rewards,punishments, and the power of authority figures.
(A) principled (B) preconventional (C) conventional (D) postconventional

(12) When both parents believe that men are capable of nurturing infants,(A) Mothers devote less time to caregiving, (B) Fathers devote less time to caregiving (C) Fathers devote more time to caregiving (D) the marital relationship tends to suffer,particularly when men spend little time in the caregiver role

(13) Typically, when paired with a boy in a laboratory play session,a two-year-old girl is likely to,
(A) Stand idly by while the boy explores the toys. (B) Assume domineering behavior and tell the boy what to do. (C)actively explore the surroundings (D) play cooperatively with the boy

(14) The_______emphasizes that the broad function of______is to energize behavior aimed at attaining personal goals.
(A) Ethological theory of attachment; reasoning (B) functionalist approach;emotion (C) Goodness-of-fit-model;cognition (D) Synchronous approach;language

(15) A parent who uses imperatives and specific suggestions in everyday life is most likely the parent of a (A) Son (B) Teenager (C) Daughter (D) Son and a Daughter

(16) Both piaget and Kohlberg used a/an _________ procedure to study moral development.
(A) Clinical interviewing (B) Structured observation (C) Cross-sectional (D) Ecological

(17) Baby Eniko grasps her mother's hair,gazes into her eyes, and smiles. These actions bring Eniko into close contact with her mother, which comforts her. According to Bowlby's theory of attachment. Eniko is in the_______phase.
(A) reciprocal relationship (B) clear-cut (C) attachment -in-the -making (D) preattachment

(18) Mischel's research shows that ________ is especially important in teaching children to delay gratification and resist temptation.
(A) the belief -desire theory of mind (B) diverting attention (C) perspective taking (D) reinforcing

(19) Dean associates certain activities, roles amd traits as being typical for either males or females. His associations conform to cultural stereotypes and encompass many gender-linked responses. This is an example of gender.
(A) atypicality (B) roles (C) typing (D) identity

(20)_________ is considered a powerful tool in self-development because it permits children to represent and express the self more clearly.
(A) Language (B) movement (C) A large social network (D) recursive thought
2/17/2013
Gwyn
Gwyn, Teacher
This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Gwyn
Gwyn, Teacher
Gwyn
Gwyn
Gwyn, Teacher