Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

For Greg, is there anyway you can help me

2/17/2013
Josie-Mod
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Mr. Gregory White
Hello again,

What do you need assistance with?

:-)

There are 19 students in my classroom, two boys are suspected to have ADHD, one has been diagnosed with with ADHD, but has not IEP program set up yet. I also have four students that come from Spanish-speaking homes only. There are 10 boys and 9 girls in my class

I have about a million questions I am to answer about them, but I will give you a few of them

They want to know about the students linguistic background.

1, what information may influence instruction do you want to learn about your students?

2. How will you learn about your students? Describe the methods you will use and why you have chosen those particular methods.

3. How will you use this information in planning academic instruction in your selected content area?

The next questions deal with Language Abilities, Content Knowledge and Skills

1. What information that may influence instruction do you want to learn about your students?

2. How will you learn about your students? Describe the methods you will use and why you have chosen to use those particular methods.

3. How will you use this information in planning academic instruction in our selected area?

So far that is one of the pages. many more to come, all the questions are due on Feb 25 no exceptions.. If you help me these questions it will help put a dent in the mountain of work Innocent

No problem, I can get you my responses on these prompts by later today.

:-)
I skipped over these yesterday by accident. I will complete these for you by tomorrow evening at the latest so you have them in plenty of time before the 25th.

Thank you!

No problem. Will have this evening.

Yea! What state are you located in?

I am in Indiana - Northwest Indiana to be exact.

:-)

Pretty cold out there, I know I used to live in ChicagoSurprised

I will look forward to your help Thanks again!

CLICK HERE for my thoughts on these questions.

If you have any questions, let me know. If you need any other help these next few days, feel free to request me anytime on your next prompt.

And, yes, been frigid last couple days but two MILD winters in a row here - next year we will probably pay for that!

:-)
Mr. Gregory White
Thanks so much. Glad you were happy with my response.

I look forward to working with you again soon.

:-)

There is more to come, if you are ready. Your answers were perfect!

Sure thing. Request away as I am here and ready to help as needed.

:-)

Physical, Social and Emotional Development

1. What information may influence instruction do you want to learn about

your students?

2. How will learn about your students? Describe the methods will use and why you have chosen to those particular methods.

3. How will use this information in planning academic instruction in your selected content area?

Cultural and Health Considerations

2. How ill you learn about your students? Describe the methods you will use and why you have chosen to those particular methods.

3. How will you sue this information in planning academic instruction in your selected content area?

CLICK HERE for my thoughts on this second group of questions for you.

Again, feel free to continue to request me anytime and be sure to rate this answer as well so that I receive credit.

You are going to make a great educator!

:-)
Mr. Gregory White

Thank you once again, for your encouragement as well as help! When I went of this credential, I had no idea it would be this intenseSurprised

There are more questions are you ready for these ones as well?

Sure thing. Send away as I have time today to complete more for you.

:-)

The other step in this lengthy instruction task is planning for academic instruction for the whole class. Here is some information

The state academic content standards or state-adopted framework that you I cover for this unit of study.

1.1 Retell, rephrase, and explain what has been said by a speaker.

1.2 Connect and relate prior experiences, insights, and ideas to those of a speaker.

1.3 Respond to questions with appropriate elaboration.

1.4 Identify the musical elements of literary language (e.g. rhymes, repeated sounds, instances of onomatopoeia.

1.5 Organize ideas chronologically or around major points of information.

1.9 Read prose and poetry aloud with fluency, rhythm, and pace, using appropriate intonation and vocal patterns to emphasize important passages of the text being read.

2.1 Identify structural patterns found in informational text (e.g. compare and contrast, cause and effect, sequential or chronological order proposition and support) to strengthen comprehension.

2.2 Use appropriate strategies when reading for different purposes.

2.3. Make and confirm predictions about text by using prior knowledge an ideas presented in the text itself, including illustrations, titles, topic sentences, important words, and foreshadowing clues.

2.4 Evaluate new information and hypotheses by testing them against known information and ideas.

2.5 Compare and contrast information on the same topic after reading several passages or articles.

3.1 Describe the structural differences of various imaginative forms of literature, including fantasies, fables, myths, legends, and fairy tales.

3.2 Identify the main events of the plot their causes, and the influence of each event on future actions.

3.3 Use knowledge of the situation and setting and of a character’s traits and motivations to determine the causes for that character’s actions.

3.4 Compare and contrast tales from different cultures by tracing the exploits of one character type and develop theories to account for similar tales in diverse cultures.

1.0 Writing strategies

1.1 Select a focus, an organizational structure, and a point of view based upon purpose, audience, length, and format requirements.

1.3 Use traditional structures for conveying information (e.g. chronological order, cause and effect, similarity and difference, posing and answering a question.

1.4 Write fluidly and legibly in cursive or joined italic.

1.6. Locate information in reference texts by using organizational features (e.g.prefaces, appendixes)

1.7 Use various reference materials (e.g. dictionary, thesaurus, card catalog,encyclopedia) as an aid to writing.

These are the questions that need to be answered regarding this Reading unit for Grade 3

What are your academic goals. What specifically do you expect students to know or be able to do as a result of the lesson?

How are your academic learning goals related to the state-adopted content standards or state adopted framework?

How will the content of the lesson build on what the students already know and are able to do?

How will the content of the lesson connect to the content of preceding and subsequent lessons?

What difficulties do you anticipate students could have with the lesson content and why do you think these difficulties might arise?

What evidence will you collect during the lesson or at the end of the lesson that will show the extent to which the students have learned what you intended?

Is there a lesson tied to this or just answering questions based on the standards that you posted above it?

Thanks for the question, it is about a Reading unit. The unit has the following stories the first is "Sam and the Lucky Money" in this story a Chinese boy who receives a gift of leisees or lucky money and gives it to a homeless man. Our school is Catholic so I tied the corporal works of mercy into this lesson, and our class wanted to find ways of helping the homeless.

The next story is Thunder Cake. (Russian) This story is about a girl who is frightened of thunderstorms and her grandmother distracts her by gathering ingredients to make a thunder cake. In this story we worked in literature circles where all the students in a group had a job.

Artist, Discussion Director, Super storyteller, Word Finder. The assessment was a rubric

The next story in the reading unit is "One Grain of Rice" in this lesson, students read an Indian folk tale about a girl who save a province from a famine by outwitting a raja.

We used KWL charts for this one. and also used this text for Math as the girl tricks the raja by telling him she wants the reward of doubling one grain a rice a day for 30 days.

This is not in the unit, but the professor I have is interested that we having our annual Shakespeare play, this year it is Midsummer's Night Dream. The class has been memorizing this play since September and planning the set design, know the characters through work and etc.

I hope this is clear.

Thank you again, this means so much to me!

Got it. Makes mores sense now. Will work on today for you.

:-)

Thank you!

No problem - will have later this evening or early tomorrow morning (as I have to step out for a bit this evening).

I will be looking forward to it. Thank you once again, working hard tonight.Foot in Mouth

Completing this morning - will have by early afternoon at the latest.

Thank you again, it really helps me more than you can imagine!

This answer is protected
Would you like to ask this question?
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Mr. Gregory White

For Teacher Greg, I have some assessment questions for this job, if you are willing to help I will give them. Alot of work once again!

Sure thing, send away.

:-)

There are many assessments I am to give to a student in my class now this student cannot be an EL student or diagnosed LD student. I will show what they are asking. If you can give me a template of a student you may have had so that I can see how to do this. As it is I am very behind on this. These are the following assessments

• oral language survey

• attitude/interest inventory

• sight word list

• running records including silent and oral reading abilities and rate

• retelling for comprehension

• writing analysis

• spelling analysis

• anecdotal observations

• After this I will design an instructional plan appropriate for the needs of the ca the case study student. t

• After administering the assessment and designing an instructional plan, I have to write a formal report. Than I have to

Make arrangements to present your report to the child and primary caregivers by:

• Meeting the child and primary caregivers (with the classroom teacher present) OR

• Making a video of yourself presenting the report to your master teacher who is playing the part of the parent OR

• Having your Faculty play the part of the parent during a regularly scheduled visit.

• Help! I don't know where to start Thank you!

Let me see if I can pull together some examples of these for you - what is the deadline - can I get these to you in the next couple hours and still be okay?
You have to give the one student ALL of these assessments?

I could provide you with links to either sample tests on each of these or information sites where you can find more info - it would take quite a while to put together all of these tests though....

I do have to give one student all of these assessments. I would love to see the links to samples tests of these , I had a dead line to do this last week, but there was no way doing the TPA as well. I just pray one day at a time, and I thank God for YOU, because you really help me alot on this!

The deadline is this week, but I have no idea how to even start with this. Quite difficult to do this online!

Okay, will take me a bit but let me put together some resources on this for you to look at today on the various types of assessments you have listed.

:-)
Hello, I just received word from the moderator that we have too many questions on this one thread. Would it be okay to open another question thread and put "For TeacherGreg" on the front of it along with this prompt. I was reminded that we are supposed to only have one accept per thread.

Thanks!

Greg

OK

Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor