David L.
David L., Engineer
Experience:  20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications
13852270

Subnetting Project. You are a consultant for being brought

Subnetting Project. You are a consultant for being brought in by XUC to assist with a merger with another company. Background: XUC is has the WAN links in place to the new locations in the Houston Region. XUMUC currently has 2 other Regions San Francisco and Denver. Originally, XUMUC was only in one region (San Francisco). The previous consultant did a poor job with the integration resulting in a poor IP address scheme as a result routing tables at the summarization points and at the San Francisco Campus are very large. In addition, no VLAN structure was developed to isolate broadcast traffic. There are 4 main departments in XUMC: sales, finance, human resources, and research and development. Also, there has been some concern that the WAN transport was not able to accommodate the network traffic. Finally, all addresses in the network are statically assigned resulting in high administration overhead when changes are needed XUMC would like this changed to lower administrative overhead. IP ADDRESSING TABLE Location Number of IP Addresses Required Address Block Assigned San Francisco 1290 172.16.0.0-172.16.7.255/21 Denver Region Denver Campus 441 Remote Office 1 28 Remote Office 2 35 Houston Region Houston Campus 329 Remote Office 3 21 Deliverables: Provide a document that addresses all issues described above. The document should be written in APA format and contain: • Cover page • Index Page • Executive summary o One page,  a brief statement of the problem (covered in the paper)  background information  concise analysis and main conclusions • Technical details (including any assumptions) o Details that address all issues described above o Completed IP addressing table (including summarized routes for the Denver and Houston regions), o Updated network diagram and a conclusion. o business impact • Conclusion • Reference page XMUMC Network Diagram

Read more: Subnetting Project. You are a consultant for being brought - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/computer-networking/7888j-subnetting-project-consultant-brought.html#ixzz2AX31YN9g

Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Is it possible for you to ask "Steve xxx"? I saw that he answered a very similar question earlier this month.

Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.

I see your question has not yet been answered. Please let me know if are okay continuing to wait or if you would like to have your question opened up to all Professionals. Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Are you able to tell if Steve xxx viewed the question?

My name is David.

Please download and review the report at the link below:

click here

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

David,

Thank you taking time to address my question. I didn't give you all the requirement for this project. Below are the instructions that will need to be followed. Please review and make adjustments as necessary.

On the basis of information we know only the number of devices at each remote office. Since the number of devices is small, and number of departments in remote offices would not make a significant impact on subnetting. In real world, there are some departments and network engineer can accommodate them by creating VLANs.

Your goal is to create complete IP subnetting from scratch and backbone routers at each location should advertise only one route to Internet, if possible.

Deliverables:

Provide a document that addresses all issues described.

The document should contain:

• Cover page

• Index Page

• Executive summary

• Technical details (including any assumptions)

• Details that address all issues described above

• Completed IP addressing table (including summarized routes for the Denver and Houston regions),

• Updated network diagram and a conclusion.

• Conclusion

• Reference page

Format:

Paper must have a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 7 pages of text excluding the required title page and bibliography and optional tables, cover sheet, index, reference page. Text must be Times New Roman, 12 font, 1” margin on all sides, and double spaced.

Students must follow “Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association, Fifth Edition (APA- 5)”, also known as APA style or format. Only a Microsoft Word file will be accepted as the final submission; no HTML or PDF files allowed.

All sources must be properly cited and must be credible. At least two sources must be Internet sources.

Body of Paper: 3 to 7 pages (approximately 2500 words) and should include

• Introduction Background or History

• Executive Summary

• Charts, and Matrix

• Drawings

• Technical Details

• Conclusion

Thank you for the additional information. I will make adjustments to the document and repost it for you.

Just letting you know I am working on finishing the modifications now.

Please click the link below to download the modified report:

click here

I changed the subnet scheme and placed it in a table, added route summarization, added the background section and performed some additional edits to bring it together.

Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How do I "Accept" your answer?

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
David L., Engineer
Experience: 20 years experience writing white papers, tech publications