Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

16.The process of continually acquiring information on events

occurring outside the organization to...
16.The process of continually acquiring information on events occurring outside the organization to identify and interpret potential trends is called
environmental trending.
organizational scanning.
environmental scanning.
a SWOT analysis.
acquisition scanning.

17. The marketing department helps keep the organization focused on creating value both for it and for customers. This is accomplished by
listening to customers.
developing offerings.
producing offerings.
implementing marketing program activities.
doing all of the above.

18. Which of the following statements about relationship marketing is most true?
Relationship marketing has a short-term focus on increasing profits.
Relationship marketing is easy to implement.
Relationship marketing is more effective when there is a personal, ongoing relationship between individuals in the selling and buying organizations.
Very few companies today are engaged in relationship marketing.
The Internet is an ideal forum for relationship marketing.

1. The Daniels College of Business at the University of Denver offers an outstanding business school education. Cali pays the tuition to attend Daniels and earns her MBA with a concentration in Supply Chain Management. Upon graduating, she is offered a high paying, fulfilling position. Was this a marketing exchange?

No, because the university is a private one
Yes, because the university is profitable
Yes, because paying tuition was exchanged for knowledge that directly led to Cali's fulfilling, new job
No, because money was exchanged
No, because the school did not provide Cali with a product

2. Kraft produces Lunchables, a prepackaged meal usually consisting of several crackers, small slices of meat and, small slices of cheese. Some versions contain Capri Sun drinks. Others are called Cracker Stackers and Fun Fuel. The box is bright yellow and the quantity of food contained within is small. The target market for Kraft Lunchables is most likely

Moms of school-age children
Business people looking for a quick snack
Business travelers
Teenagers
Seniors

3. Which element of the marketing mix is demonstrated when the Mars Company has a sale on M&Ms® brand candies?
Product
Price
Promotion
Place
Production

4.The Lemon Tree is a high-fashion boutique selling top-of-the-line women's clothing and accessories. The keys to its success include knowing the customers' changing tastes and providing something different from other retailers. In addition, because of the high value of the merchandise, The Lemon Tree's management is exploring the use of computerized inventory controls and sales order processing. From this description, one can infer that the environmental category of least importance to The Lemon Tree is

Economic
Regulatory
Technological
Social
Competitive

5. In 1998, F. Hoffman-LaRoche Ltd. And BASF AG, two international pharmaceutical companies, were ordered to pay $725 million in fines for plotting to raise and fix prices of vitamins used in virtually every home in the U.S. This is an example of how __________ forces affect the marketing environment.
Economic
Ecological
Technological
Social
Regulatory

6. Mile High Frozen Foods is a distributor for McDonalds. They also bake the buns used by McDonalds in several states. They purchase flour, yeast, sesame seeds, manufacture the buns and then distribute them to the retail stores. Mile High Frozen Foods is operating in a(n) __________ market.

Reseller
Government
Institutional
Psychographic
Industrial

7. The Book Promoters Association of Canada members recently questioned what could be done to rejuvenate the Canadian book publishing industry. Some members claimed the problem was Canadian retailers had been replaced by Wal-Marts. Others said the problem was with stodgy promotions. Still others said the problem was caused by too little money being budgeted to fund marketing programs. It was time that Canadian book publishers used __________ to save the industry.
Advertising
Sales promotion
Publicity
Marketing research
Tactical support

8. When Marine Midland Bank sent market researchers with surveys door-to-door in the neighborhoods of their branch banks to ask people with savings accounts why they did not also have checking accounts and credit cards with Marine Midland, they were gathering __________ data.
Questionnaire
Secondary
Intercept
Observational
Nonprobability

9. Sara Burns is the owner of a company called Spice and was looking for a new product to go with her company's line of food condiments when a friend suggested combining spices with tea. In the __________ stage of the new-product process, the spices and tea mixtures were exposed to prospective consumers under realistic purchase conditions.

Idea generation
Screening and evaluation
Business analysis
Market testing
Commercialization

10. A few years ago Who Wants to Be a Millionaire premiered as the first n
10/22/2012
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Hello, and thanks for the question.

Your post got cut short at question #10. Please repost that one and any other omitted questions. Also, please indicate your deadline for submitting this quiz.

Thanks

A few years ago who wants to be a millionaire premiered as the first nightime game show in several decades. The market for the show was intent on making television viewers aware of its existance and excited enough about the show that we would watch the first episode. Based on this description, in which stage of the product life cycle would this show be?

introduction

growth

maturity

Decline

Harvest

I have 30 minutes

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work
Correction: Answer to #4 should be Regulatory.

Hope this helps!
Hi will you have time to help me on a paper
Hello woodbridge 1984,

Please make a new, separate post for this assignment, beginning with "For Chris M." and I will see if I can assist you. Include the deadline for submission and the text or other resources to be used.

Thanks!
Ok
Speak to you soon.
Chris M.
Chris M.
Chris M., M.S.W. Social Work