That wasn't the template i was asking for. I needed the xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. I can send you an attachment if you need. Please see below:
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx This new building will house some administrative offices, lecture rooms, library, and computer labs.
Length: 240 Feet
Width: 95 Feet
Height: 30 Feet
The 40-year-old two-story building has the following existing layout:
There will be six computer labs that will be used for instruction. Each of these labs will have 21 computers (20 student computers and 1 instructor computer). Each of these labs will also have a server in the closet located inside the lab.
In addition to the six computer labs, there will also be a Student Computer Lab that will provide computer access to students to do their homework. There will be 30 computers in this lab and a server in the closet.
The library will also have some computers to allow students access to the library resources. There will be 10 computers for student’s use in the library, and 5 computers for Library staff.
There are five lecture classrooms in the building. Each of this room will have a computer for instructor’s use.
Finally, there are various offices in the building. Each of these offices will have one computer for the staff use, with the exception of the Admission office that will have 5 computers for staff use.
Placement Number of
Workstations Users Total WS
Computer labs 21 WS Student and
Instructor 132 WS
(based on 20 WS for students and 1 WS for instructor on each lab)
Student Computer Lab 30 WS Student 30 WS
5 various offices 5 WS Staff 5 WS
Admission office 5 WS Staff 5 WS
Library 10 WS Student 10 WS
Library 5 WS Staff 5 WS
Server Staff To be determined by students
Devices IT Staff To be determined by students
Printers To be determined by student
Two server rooms have been allocated, one on the first floor and one on the second floor.
Your task is to design the network for this new building with the following criteria:
• Student-accessed computers should be on separate network from the staff-accessed computers. There should be at least 3 separate networks: Administrative, Instructional, and Public. All staff-accessed computers will be on the Administrative network. The computers in the instructional computer labs that will be used for classes should be on the Instructional network. The wifi and the computers in the student lobby should be in the Public network.
• The whole building will share one Internet access connection (T-1 link from Verizon). This connection will come into the Server Room on the first floor. The Public IP address for the router here is 22.214.171.124
• Security is very important forxxxxx as we have to protect students and employees data as well as any intellectual property that xxxxxxhas on the servers and computers.
• The network has been assigned the 10.15.0.0 network address for all computers and devices.
• The network should use physical cable (not wireless), but do provide wireless access in the Student Lobby area.
Submission should include (in no more than three pages, excluding diagrams and references):
1. Define the subnet (based on: rooms, floor, department, or other criteria).
2. For each subnet, explain which devices/groups/users/rooms will be on this subnet, define the network address, subnet mask, and available IP addresses to be used by computers or devices.
Physical Network Design:
1. Define the topology that will be used.
2. Select the appropriate network media to use.
3. Select the appropriate network connecting devices to use.
4. Physical layout of the computers on the floor plan.
5. List of additional servers or network devices needed to implement the network.
6. Justifications for your network design (number 1 – 5 above)
You will be evaluated on your ability to
o Implement appropriate IP addressing scheme
o select and justify appropriate cable media that includes the length of each cable segment and number of nodes on each segment
o select and justify appropriate topology such as star, bus, or ring for your network
o select and justify of your selected network equipments
o select and justify appropriate network services to meet network requirements
o select and justify security implementation for the network
o use proper grammar, formatting, network terminology, and reference citations
Feel free to use any drawings or attachments, and assume any number of computers or users (not when provided here). You will be graded on the basis of right media, topology and knowledge of network concepts.
0-59% 60-79% 80-89% 90-100%
30% Student fails to demonstrate adequate subnetting knowledge Student demonstrates some knowledge of subnetting Student demonstrates proper subnetting for the network but failed to provide all IP addressing information needed Student demonstrates proper subnetting for the network and provide all IP addressing information needed
40% Student fails to design proper network to address the given scenario Student misses some critical network design and/or misses on the justifications Student designs a network that address most of the requirement and are able to justify some of the design Student designs a network that met all requirements and are able to justify the design
20% Student does not have grasp of technical content. Student lacks sufficient technical content but conveys basic understanding of concepts. Student conveys technical content but fails to elaborate. Student demonstrates full technical knowledge.
Spelling, References, and
10% Significant spelling errors, grammatical errors, and/or lack of organization make information very difficult to follow. Misspellings, grammatical errors, and/or lack of organization make information very difficult to follow. Essay has a few misspellings and/or grammatical errors but is fairly well organized. Essay has insignificant misspellings or grammatical errors and is well organized.