Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

For this project, we will give a detailed analysis to both

For this project...

For this project, we will give a detailed analysis to both a piece of architecture and a work of art. However, we will examine art in your community and life. The objective of the assignment is to apply the concepts from the chapter to art and architecture in daily life. Choose a piece of art and architecture that are from the 20th Century or Beyond! Part I: Take a field trip around your neighborhood, city, or region. Find one example of architecture that catches your attention. Explain what you see in detail. Discuss the elements of form and function. Which concepts from the chapter reading are applied in this work? Researching the style may help you to add credibility to your analysis. Cite the chapter, and make it clear how you see the architectural terms in use. Part II: Next, find a piece of art. Consider civic art, sculpture, an image you have in your home, graffiti, street performance, or an art experience that you find engaging. Start by describing the work of art. Use terminology from the text. You may consider the following questions: What is the medium? When was the work made? Is the work abstract or representational? You may find the flashcards in this week's My Humanities Kit to be helpful. Also, discuss the purpose of this work of art, and what it means to you? Which terms from the chapter reading are applied in this work? Cite the chapter, and make it clear how you see the art concepts in this practice. The essay should contain both Part I and II. It should be at least 750 words and must employ terms from the text and unit materials. The project may be completed in Microsoft Word or in Powerpoint. Even in Powerpoint notes and slides, the word count must be met. You are welcome to attach or include photos of the works of art and architecture that you have chosen. Cite any sources in APA style.

I live in Hartford,Connecticut, I need this done by tuesday the latest 12:00 NOON EST

9/30/2012
Homework Girl
Homework Girl, Graduate Student
Hello! What art or architecture have you chosen in your city? It would be more helpful if you picked something relatively well known or had an artist name.

i had a thought of talking about van gogh if this is how you spell it

the architecture that i liked was the trinity college main building in which looks like a castle of sorts

I think your instructor is looking for a piece of work in your city. Is there a specific van Gogh piece that is available in Hartford or is that the picture what you want me to use? Do you know who is the artist for that statue? Alexander Calder?

the artist that made that sculture is alexander calders how did you know who made that?

Hi do you need more information I can send you the copy of this week chapter of the book
Do you need anything? Please help me out!
I guessed Calder because that looks like his style. Is that the statue you need to use and is that in Hartfood? Can you also send me some of the "terms" in your chapter or tell me what the "humanities toolkit" is?

Do you have other pictures of locations in your city?
Yes I'll supply after church

heres the link to one thing but i still need to send you a pdf but cant upload it to you because i dont see the paperclip icon

http://media.pearsoncmg.com/ph/hss/shared_hss_assets/art/WPSGlobalModules/closer_looks_2009/PGT_90/web/PGT_90.html

Do you know what that church is called? Or at least what intersection its located at so I can look it up?

Are you sure you're allowed to use Starry Night for part II? From the instructions seems as though your professor wants something from the 20th century or local...Starry Night is from 1889.

How about something from: http://www.thewadsworth.org/contemporary-art/

its called saint peters on main street in hartford

ok from the link you gave me i chose a painting that an artist bob thompson has created

Got it. Thanks. I'll have this for you by tomorrow.

is that all you need?

For now. I will let you know if I'm missing anything. Thanks!

no thank you!

Hello, just checking in and letting you know I'll have this for you by tonight. Thanks!
Hello, I just realized that we're missing the terms from your book or humanities toolkit...Can you send that? Thanks!

do you know another way to send you a pdf because i cant see the paperclip icon

Hello, can you upload a pdf to www.mediafire.com and send me the link? Thanks!

here are the links two both of the things that might seem useful.

http://www.mediafire.com/?0g1awsr4aihrgvj,uk4k9qkzjyv7rlm

I only got the same chapter twice (Chapter 5). The chapter mainly discussed art history, instead of providing the "terms" for your assignment. Do you have a list from your toolkit?

that was from my tool kit but i also provided chapter 2 of the book that we used this week

I actually got 2 links with the same file...When I open the one named "Unit 2", I get Chapter 5...
I still get the same file.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/?hx9202otut4tx4j is the same file from before (chapter 5).

I keep getting the exact same file: 56 pages long with a blue Chapter 5 written on the first page.

dont worry its ok

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Homework Girl
Homework Girl, Graduate Student

nevermind thank you for your help

Homework Girl
Homework Girl
Homework Girl, Graduate Student