Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

I would like a Toshiba manual book. Not a download. How

I would like a Toshiba...
I would like a Toshiba manual book. Not a
download. How & where can I get one.
________
9/13/2012
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student

Ray Atkinson :

What Toshiba product is the manual for?

Customer:

Laptop Toshiba - C655D S5518

Customer:

Whatever style the book comes in.

Ray Atkinson :

All right. I"ll see what I can find for you.

Ray Atkinson :

This is just a regular users manual you are looking for, correct?

Customer:

Yes, whatever will help me use my laptop better

Ray Atkinson :

I'm getting the same thing as you so far. The first place I checked said that if you don't want to print it yourself, then download it and take it to a printer shop and have them print it. Not the answer you are looking for, but I am not quitting yet.

Are you in the US?

Customer:

Yes, I'm in Minnesota. I can't understand why they don't come with the computer when we buy it..

Most everything comes with instructions.

Ray Atkinson :

Unfortunately, a lot of companies expect you to read it as a PDF. Confirm that your new laptop did not come with a users manual at all?

Customer:

No, there was no manual. It was new all boxed up, but no manual.

Ray Atkinson :

All right. I understand. Back to work.

Ray Atkinson :

Well, here is the botXXXXX XXXXXne. Unfortunately, if your computer did not come with a printed user's manual, it is because they don't make them anymore. They expect you to view them online or print them yourself. There also seems to be a copy of it on your computer already.

• Click the Windows START button.

• Click in the SEARCH field.

• Type USER

• Locate the User’s Guide in the search results list which appears above.

• Click on User’s Guide.

• The PDF file of the User’s Guide for your computer will open.

Ray Atkinson :

I am guessing that they are doing this as a means of cost cutting.

Ray Atkinson :

I have a HP, and I have the same user's guide in my computer.

Ray Atkinson :

If it is there, you do not have to download, but that is probably small comfort. You were hoping to have a copy in your hands for a little light reading, right?

Ray Atkinson :

Personally, I think it is inane to do it that way, since if your computer is not working, you cannot very well read the manual to find out how to get it to turn on.

Ray Atkinson :

It is rather like seeing "If you are having trouble getting online, please go to this website...."

Customer:

yes , and also when you want to do something differant , you have to flip around on the computer to find how to do. Is there a way then to cancel the paypal payment , except for the cost of your time. I will just have to figure out what to do . Maybe I will have to go to my desktop when I have laptop trouble & find out what to do.

Ray Atkinson :

I'm afraid to make a suggestion. Leave the question open and contact customer support. You can chat with them at http://ww2.justanswer.com/chat-customer-support or email them at http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us

Ray Atkinson :

Once they give you advice, come back and let me know what is happening, please.

Ray Atkinson :

I am not allowed to deal with the payment part of the process.

Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student