Homework

Homework Questions? Ask a Tutor for Answers ASAP

Homework

It was his fault, Officer. You can tell by the kind of car

It was his fault, Officer...

It was his fault, Officer. You can tell by the kind of car I'm driving and by my clothes that I am a good citizen and would not lie. Look at the rattletrap he is driving, and look at how he is dressed. You can't believe anything that a dirty, longhaired hippie like that might tell you. Search his car; he probably has pot in it. Answer Red herring Ad hominem Appeal to pride Ignoring the question . 5 points Question 2 There is a good deal of talk these days about the need to eliminate pesticides from our fruits and vegetables. But many of these foods are essential to our health. Carrots are an excellent source of vitamin A, broccoli is rich in iron, and oranges and grapefruits have lots of vitamin C. Answer Appeal to fear Tu quoque Ad hominem Red herring . 5 points Question 3 Interviewer: "Senator, you voted for the B-1 bomber. Would you explain your reasons, particularly in light of criticisms about the effectiveness of the plane?" Senator: "I'd be glad to. America needs a strong defense. We'd all like to live in peace with the other nations of this world, but we deceive ourselves if we think we can do that without being prepared to defend ourselves and our allies, our rights and our interests. It's a dangerous world out there, and I'd be derelict in my duty to the people of this nation if I allowed us to lie down and cry 'Uncle."' Answer Red herring Ad hominem Appeal to pride Ignoring the question . 5 points Question 4 If we make an exception for you, then we'll have to make an exception for everyone. Answer Appeal to fear Slippery Slope Red herring Tu quoque . 5 points Question 5 Senator Kennedy's arguments in favor of health care for the poor and aged should be ignored. Kennedy is a do-gooder who supports this kind of legislation only to get his name in the newspapers. Answer Appeal to pity Composition Straw man Ad hominem . 5 points Question 6 If you are opposed to the North American Free Trade Agreement, you are obviously opposed to free trade. Answer Appeal to pity Composition Straw man Ad hominem . 5 points Question 7 Environmentalists are continually harping about the dangers of nuclear power. Unfortunately, electricity is dangerous no matter where it comes from. Every year hundreds of people are electrocuted by accident. Since most of these accidents are caused by carelessness, they could be avoided if people would just exercise greater caution. Answer Appeal to pride Appeal to pity Ad hominem Red herring . 5 points Question 8 I know you are folks are patriotic god-loving citizens, just like me, but my opponent is not. How can you vote for him when he doesn’t support the same values that we cherish? Answer Appeal to pride Appeal to pity Ad hominem Red herring . 5 points Question 9 Gay and lesbian groups have argued in favor of legislation to prevent their people from being discriminated against. But we must remember that a genetic basis for homosexuality has yet to be discovered. Granted, some studies indicate that homosexuality has a biological origin, but these studies are too limited to be conclusive. Thus, the safest policy right now is to take no action at all on these questions. Answer Appeal to fear Slippery Slope Red herring Tu quoque . 5 points Question 10 This administration is not anti-German, as it has been alleged. Germany is a great country. It has contributed immensely to the world's artistic treasury. Goethe and Schiller made magnificent contributions to literature, and Bach, Beethoven, Wagner, and Brahms did the same in music. Answer Red herring Ad hominem Appeal to pride Ignoring the question . 5 points Question 11 Since Sodium and Chloride are each toxic to humans, the combination of sodium and chloride would be harmful to people. Answer Appeal to pity Composition Straw man Ad hominem . 5 points Question 12 Officer, How can you ticket me for speeding, when I see cops speeding all the time? Answer Appeal to fear Slippery Slope Red herring Tu quoque . 5 points Question 13 Congress shouldn't bother to consult major universities about educational appropriations. As members of educational establishment, they will naturally want as much money for education as they think they can get. Answer Appeal to pride Appeal to pity Ad hominem Red herring . 5 points Question 14 Dr. Jones, this seminar was the best course I have had. I wondered if we could discuss my grades? Answer Appeal to pride Appeal to pity Ad hominem Red herring . 5 points Question 15 Humanitarian groups have argued in favor of housing for the poor. Apparently what they want is another high-density project. Unfortunately, these projects have been tried in the past and have failed. In no time they turn into ghettos with astronomical rates of crime and delinquency. Chicago's Cabrini-Green is a prime example. Clearly, these humanitarian arguments are not what they seem. Answer Appeal to pity Composition Straw man Ad hominem . 5 points Question 16 Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris criticizes the Democrats for engaging in partisan politics. What hypocrisy! After the last presidential election it was Harris's own partisan politics that got Bush elected. Answer Appeal to fear Slippery Slope Red herring Tu quoque . 5 points Question 17 You are all intelligent people, so you should be able to see the fallacy in his statement. Answer Appeal to pride Appeal to pity Ad hominem Red herring . 5 points Question 18 Reporter: Congressman, What do you have to say about the reports on your campaign's questionable fund raising activities? Congressman: I am very humbled and grateful to the generosity of my supporters, and I will continue to do my utmost to represent our district's interests and concerns in Washington. Answer Red herring Ad hominem Appeal to pride Ignoring the question . 5 points Question 19 Officer, please excuse my going over the speed limit, but my mother is ill and I'm being audited by the IRS, and I don't know how I can meet all my bills. Answer Appeal to pride Appeal to pity Ad hominem Red herring . 5 points Question 20 John has really worked hard on his term project, and he will really be depressed if he does not make an A. For these reasons, you just have to give him an A on his project. Answer Appeal to pride Appeal to pity Ad hominem Red herring . 5 points Save and Submit

THIS NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED IN 50 MINUTES ... IT IS TIMED

9/1/2012
Ellen, Lawyer

Thank you for your question

I am working on your answers. 20 minutes please.

thank you

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ellen, Lawyer
Ellen, Lawyer